• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 Trailer

Famassu

You have Yoko Shimomura composing the OST of this game. You do NOT use fucking Afrojack remixes in official trailers, especially E3 ones. This trailer would've been way more hype with some new track from Shimomura.

But still... dat ending! Some kikd of playable segment in Insomnia represent! Hope they didn't just spoil, like, the finale of the game...

Read the gamefaqs thing.

I could believe that to be true, it sucks but I'm not sure what people expected, irrelevant details aside, the general plot couldn't be any different honestly with what we've seen. Same goes for the map stuff....

That entire Nomura trilogy thing really adds up, this has a very real chance of being a legit leak.
DAMN.

First Resident Evil and then this leak and the whole E3 mess for FFXV. I feel really bad today. I need to go lie down somewhere for a while and take a break from internet :(

artsi

If it is true (and I'm hoping not!), er, suddenly the story of FFXIII is looking a lot better in comparison. There's no mention of cloaked white haired dude, and I've been assuming he's still in, so, er, hopefully fake?

They just recently said he is in.

Guessing the E3 conference will feature Titan boss fight isn't impressive.

Knowing the specific demo will be called "Trial of the Titan" is not.

Did they say some of the summons would give you trials before you gain the ability to summon them?

Still think it's a bit reaching. The bit with
Ardyn
mirrors what I pulled out of my ass in my fake OT subtitle about
the main villain being the great "Lucis ancestor King"
, which I assure you, just slipped out of my ass like a well greased turd.

Even with the Eraskus LaMata bit, whom ever "leaked" that actually predicted the whole "race scene" and battle of Eden was in the final leg of the game(which turned out to be true).

I don't know, I'm getting South Park/John Edwards vibes from this guy.

JSevere

Ck4LPQAXEAAMbNq.jpg:large

best part of the trailer right here

BlueWord

Leak sounds like a mix of insider knowledge and bullshit. The stuff about dev troubles this close to the deadline – even the way it's worded – is highly suspect.

t-storm

You have Yoko Shimomura composing the OST of this game. You do NOT use fucking Afrojack remixes in official trailers, especially E3 ones. This trailer would've been way more hype with some new track from Shimomura.

Truth. I even like some dubstep but you totally misfired with this one, SE.

Leak sounds like a mix of insider knowledge and bullshit. The stuff about dev troubles this close to the deadline – even the way it's worded – is highly suspect.

It sounds like that early The Force Awakens leaks, which "some" of it turned out to be true, but a lot of it turned out to be bullshit.

You don't even know if the leak is true.
Leave 'em. If someone's that quick to throw in the towel, they've made up their minds even before seeing that, and they ain't worth saving.

Ray Down

Banned
Why would the leak even be true,
the other guys don't look much different at all. Promto looks like he has the exact same hair. Noctis hair only is a bit more grown and then suddenly it's 10 years?

Not buying it.

sappyday

New thread for the leak? It sounds plausible.

Can't believe I'm saying this but with the demo and the leak, I'm really worried for the game. I can no longer say it's my most anticipated game of the year out of fear that I'll become the most disappointing game in my life. You don't know how excited I was for this all these years, and somehow today that excitement is fading.

Not the E3 I wanted :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Here's one from the direct-feed with better colors and no black crush.

Ck4LPQAXEAAMbNq.jpg:large

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DID NOT READ THE GAMEFAQS THREAD

Holy shit this is after the 10 years spoiler shit for Noctis. It totally fucking makes sense.

Styles

New thread for the leak? It sounds plausible.

Can't believe I'm saying this but with the demo and the leak, I'm really worried for the game. I can no longer say it's my most anticipated game of the year out of fear that I'll become the most disappointing game in my life. You don't know how excited I was for this all these years, and somehow today that excitement is fading.

Not the E3 I wanted :(

It's not just you, brother. :(

wmlk

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DID NOT READ THE GAMEFAQS THREAD

Holy shit this is after the 10 years spoiler shit for Noctis. It totally fucking makes sense.

We already knew that Noctis had a ring that advances his age. We knew this months ago.

Famassu

That whole deal about only 2 hours being playable on PS4 sounds like absolute, utter BS. We've seen far too much of the game from different parts and even have had two demos that, while a bit rough around the edges, hardly make it seem like the rest of the game could be that much of a mess less than 3 months before the game goes gold.

Adaren

This trailer looks a bit better, but the music choice definitely could have been chosen differently, especially with Shimomura doing the OST. :/

As for the VR portion...no thanks. Just, please no. I don't think anyone wants to play as Prompto.That being said, I think we know the main draw for many people...

LoIGvPb.gif

I don't think I've ever complained about Cidney. I don't think anything about her design precludes her from being a good, likable, relatable character. This is honestly crossing the line for me though, and gives me very little hope that they'll handle her well.

Just a personal reaction. But given the dead silence in the room after the trailer ended, I'm probably not alone.

Soriku

Uhh I read that "leak" thread a while ago and it doesn't even touch on the Plague of Stars, Iedolas and the other Niflheim villains, the hooded guy, not a whole lot really. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

HMD

Oh, Jihl. We could have had it alllllllll.

I brought Lightning vs. Jihl aka Cloud vs. Sephiroth 2.0 expectations to the table. (I have never been so wrong.)

I had such high expectations for her, the way SE built her up with all those scans and that one awesome trailer. What a let down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That whole deal about only 2 hours being playable on PS4 sounds like absolute, utter BS. We've seen far too much of the game from different parts and even have had two demos that, while a bit rough around the edges, hardly make it seem like the rest of the game could be that much of a mess less than 3 months before the game goes gold.

You know that they can make certain segments playable right? My guess is that they have only two hours of continuous play without any breaks.

Aurongel

Why would the leak even be true,
the other guys don't look much different at all. Promto looks like he has the exact same hair. Noctis hair only is a bit more grown and then suddenly it's 10 years?

Not buying it.

You act like having characters who look far younger than they actually are is a new thing for Final Fantasy.

Lebron

If that leak is true, sounds like your typical FF game. Series has never had great stories, you just roll with it.

:shrug:

Ray Down

Banned
You act like having characters who look far younger than they actually are is a new thing for Final Fantasy.

It's not but
But for the other 3 to not really change AT ALL in 10 years with out seemingly magic bullcrap or being magical beings themselves.

Not buying it.

Dubstep was cool back when Versus was first announced.

Dubstep was still years from it's peak of popularity, let alone even breaking into mainstream at all when Versus was announced. I still don't get what on earth led to the trailer we all watched tonight.

So what people are saying in the leak thread? They're believing? Liking it? I ain't going there.

I didn't bother with all of it but a lot of the first page was pretty reductive. It glosses over a couple of what would be key story points, but gives no background, reasoning or detail to the events. In short, from what I read I could make any game sound awful by reducing it to such minor bullet points. But having said that I only glossed over some of it so perhaps others here have found something more convincing.

kswiston

Dubstep was still years from it's peak of popularity, let alone even breaking into mainstream at all when Versus was announced. I still don't get what on earth led to the trailer we all watched tonight.

It was a joke, but this is NeoGAF. When things reach their peak, they go from being cool to overrated shit.

I don't think the song matters much in the long run though. They have a few months to ditch it for something else in the release ads. I am assuming the actual game has typical Final Fantasy music.

The gameplay looked interesting. The graphics definitely look better than anything I have seen out of the JRPG genre to date.

Famassu

You know that they can make certain segments playable right? My guess is that they have only two hours of continuous play without any breaks.
Yes, but they've shown gameplay from very different parts of the game and the fact that Episode Duscae ran as well as it did 1,5 years prior to release really puts such hyperbolic statements into question. A game that big of a mess would not be getting such a relatively polished feeling demo that far from release.

I mean, Tabata himself said in November or December last year that 50% of FFXV was polished to completion at that time. 2 hours playable my ass. Totally Tales From My Ass levels of BS.

RedX

Well I gave in. Gonna try and forget everything I read. Still excited about the game. I'm pretty easy to please so I think I'll still enjoy it.

UberTag

So what people are saying in the leak thread? They're believing? Liking it? I ain't going there.
Those that are believing it aren't liking it.
Most aren't believing it, though - neither am I despite clearly getting some of the E3 details correct.

GameFAQs community seems pretty volatile as a whole, though. GAF has been downright civil to one another today by comparison.

Those that are believing it aren't liking it.
Most aren't believing it, though - neither am I despite clearly getting some of the E3 details correct.

GameFAQs community seems pretty volatile as a whole, though. GAF has been downright civil to one another today by comparison.

Thanks! I hope it's fake, it would be so bad if the story leaked like that =/

Top Bottom