• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever sit down in the shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

It's another GAF Poll!
3AQmK.gif
Once again I pose to you a question that I have discussed many times IRL.

Do you ever sit or lay down in the shower?

Personally, I love to sit down in the shower. Ever since I discovered the joy of taking a shower bath-style in about sixth grade, I've never looked back. I do it less and less as I get older, mostly because of a lack of extra time, but whenever I feel the need to take a long, relaxing shower I will crank up the hot water and then take a seat on the shower floor.

I also take showers to help get rid of bad headaches, and sitting is especially helpful for this. If you've ever had migraines like I do occasionally, you understand how forgoing the effort of merely standing helps a lot in the relief process. There have even been times when I would lie down in the shower, if I was feeling especially terrible. That's a bit of a rarity though.

So do I have any fellow shower-sitters here on GAF? Represent!

190-feels-good-man.jpg

If this thread is anything like real life, I can expect to hear some people chide me for bad hygiene, suggesting that the shower floor is a cesspool that no asscheeks should ever touch.

I sometimes sit down after I finish cleaning everything, then plug the drain and let the bath slowly fill up. It's very relaxing.

I crouched down in the shower once, trying out this copy pasta

I have a ritual called ‘terminator’. I crouch in the shower in the “naked terminator” pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

It was ok.

daviyoung

Banned
CrankyJay said:
Is this an Elizabeth Shue reference after the rape scene in Leaving Las Vegas?

Could be, I've never seen it. Could be an Ace Ventura reference too. Scene like that is so cliche.

Wazzim

Banned
We actually have a special seat for in the shower (it is fixed against the wall and you can unfold it when needed), it's really nice for long showers.

ScOULaris

CrankyJay said:
Is this an Elizabeth Shue reference after the rape scene in Leaving Las Vegas?
I think crying into your knees in the corner of the shower is the go-to cliche for sad-in-the-shower scenes in film.

Davidion

I only do it after my dashing British top-secret spy compatriot saves me from violent machete-wielding African warlords and I am forever emotionally traumatized. A girl has her problems.

I do this in almost all the showers I take.
Cubicle shower + Sitting Down = half assed meditation?
Well whatever it is it's relaxing stuff.

xbhaskarx

Yeah I sit in the shower, but only when I'm peeing.

connecting sitting in shower thread to sitting down to pee thread

ScOULaris

xbhaskarx said:
Yeah I sit in the shower, but only when I'm peeing.

connecting sitting in shower thread to sitting down to pee thread
Wasn't there also a "peeing in the shower" thread? So meta.

totowhoa

Banned
Oh hell yeah, I do this often. I finish cleaning/shaving in just a few minutes. Since I'm in no rush to turn off the shower and freeze myself, I'll turn the heat up a little bit and sit or lie down and enjoy the hot water. I might even beat off if the mood strikes me.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Yes I do and It's great, especially when you're recovering from a hang-over. I also like to shower in the dark, it's relaxing. Also, I really love completely wooden bath rooms. Looks better than tiles and is more comfortable to stand/sit on too.

Japanese do it all the time if I'm not mistaken. In an onsen (bathouse) they usually have these small stools to sit on, and I saw it at somebody's home too.

Juanadams

Banned
Yeah if I'm not strapped for time I do it, Its amazing. I'll shower for a bit, turn it up and go into sit mode letting the shower hit me like rain and relax.

Then I go into full lay mode and fap.

Whenever I get the chance I do this, it's seriously the best "Feels good man"-feeling in the world. All of you who don't should really try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom