• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MrDaravon

1/11 Jecht SSB

Not a dupe, but it's actually incredible to me how I've pulled on FIVE FFX banners now and it's still my worst realm by a country fucking mile outside of 1/2/11, and 2 is debatable. Like come on

2/11 and 2/11 with a 100 gems 5 star

Tidus bsb
Rikku ssb
Red xiii ssb and unique
Sephy ssb (dupe)

So 4 new relics including a bsb for tidus so overall worthwhile pulls for me. I have rikku's bsb and never had relics for red 13.

Balphon

The FFX banner is only slightly better than the FFVII one. All three are full of traps.

In other news, Warmech was fairly simple. Feels like Kuja will be the only challenging rebirth boss.

Xetherion

Pulled on FFX since my synergy there is still fairly weak.

100 gems: Rikku ssb that gives party +ATK/MAG. Completely obsoleted by her usb, but since i don't have her usb this could come in handy for cm's.

1/11: Auron bsb. Getting tired of 1/11, but i remember the 0/11 days and am thankful for G11. This is a new bsb for me, it's my 2nd physical enFire, and it's aoe unlike Refia's so it could have some uses.

Kain

I read some horror stories about this Warmech but it was very easy with a mage team.

Also I pulled in this X banner because I wanted some laughs and got Kimahri's burst. It actually sounds very, very good.

Tidd

Lots of tempting relics on the FF15 banner this week, but I think I'm going to skip pulling on this one and go hard on the Prompto/Aranea banner because all the best stuff recurs.

Give me Noctis' LMR and SSB and I would instant legend dive him. He would be such a monster for speed clearing stuff.

ZangBa

I'm gonna keep waiting for FFV. One of my weakest realms and a great banner, just makes sense. I'm actually glad FFIV is being delayed because that banner looks appealing as well.

You guys pulling on these trap banners are crazy, man.

Edit: So after calling people crazy, I pulled anyway because I lack any self control. I got my mythril worth by pulling Tidus' BSB and Rikku's BSB, along with a unique SB for her that's trash, but that's OK. My water team just got beefier, since my Tidus already has his chain.

XII Torment up next. Bring out the AoE vs Mateus and Azers.

Think I'll run

Vaan
Ashe
Relm
OK
Kain

Pretty much the same team I had for Warmech XIII but with Vaan instead of Lightning.

WarAdept

DeNA you fucking troll

rtknHopl.jpg

DeNA you fucking troll

Yeah I'm 1 mote short of completing Y'shtola.

Meanwhile I've completed two Vit/Dex characters, and nearly done with a third.

It's stupid

ETA: FF12 Torment tonight is going to be awesome. My XII squad is ridiculously stacked with great relics. I can't even narrow it down to which 5 characters I want to bring for the CM.

SOLDIER

Is there a ranking of characters in regards to rarity? I've got two souls of the hero and would prefer jot wasting them on characters who will be obtainable in future events.

I should be using them to acquire heroes whose relics I have (Bartz and Edgar), but I'd rather use them on characters who won't be available anytime soon.

Also how do you unlock wardrobe records?

friz898

Is there a ranking of characters in regards to rarity? I've got two souls of the hero and would prefer jot wasting them on characters who will be obtainable in future events.

I should be using them to acquire heroes whose relics I have (Bartz and Edgar), but I'd rather use them on characters who won't be available anytime soon.

Warddrobe records are unlocked the same as the heroes themselves. They just come around once ina while in events.

You can also google a bit and find several different websites showing which events are coming up. Just from only reading this thread, my understanding is that we have FF15 and FF4 events coming up.

Hsieh

There's a list of future events and which characters will be available here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1azHSTIrUrIwHEF01QOHfjCia89-NKTqskPrxcntNxA0/edit#gid=0

friz898

Having FFRK connection issues, out of nowhere. Anybody else?

Edit: Not sure what happen, but rebooting the iphone fixed it. First time I've had that problem.

Balphon

Blitzing Mateus made the 200 CM and 250 simple -- his HP totals are fairly low. Though the doublecast Blizzaja at 50%(?) HP is a little tricky.

I'll do the JS later. Trying to decide between Ashe and Balthier for the third FFXII slot.

ZangBa

My Vaan with BSB pretty much soloed the D200 CM. 25k Thief's Revenge lol. I only have his BSB, Penelo's War Dance, Ashe's SSB that heals and an old SSB for Fran. Pretty much everyone was useless and they all died except Vaan and Penelo at 30% HP. Vaan is a beast.

Balphon

Mateus JS is basically just an easier version of Belias.

I completed the CM despite Tyro dying at around 40% due to an unfortunately timed reflect recast.

friz898

Alright, time for me to try these FF12 fights.

I've been overwhelmed lately and haven't had time to turbo through FFRK stuff as usual. I have great FF12 synergy to include Vaan as a fully-dove BSB/OSB monster.

Will come back and report!

Mknzy

Quick question for everyone. I have finally gotten in and cleared almost all of the nightmare dungeons, only two of them to go. What I wanted to ask is which of these abilities are high priority to craft. Meltdown seems like a no brainer, Affliction Break seems good, as does Curada and Drevish, but I'd like to collect some feedback before I actually spend crystals on anything. I'm not planning on crafting any abilities until I clear the last two.

Quick question for everyone. I have finally gotten in and cleared almost all of the nightmare dungeons, only two of them to go. What I wanted to ask is which of these abilities are high priority to craft. Meltdown seems like a no brainer, Affliction Break seems good, as does Curada and Drevish, but I'd like to collect some feedback before I actually spend crystals on anything. I'm not planning on crafting any abilities until I clear the last two.

You basically hit the worthwhile ones. The only nightmare abilities I've personally crafted are Meltdown, Affliction Break, Omega Drive, and Valigarmanda. I think most players would tell you that Meltdown and Affliction Break are the only true must-haves.

friz898

What MCA said.

You nailed the main ones. I made them as I went, and went back and shattered some that are useless or probably will never be used.

Curada not a big deal, but I like it.

Dervish I haven't used yet, but since it got a good size buff recently, I'm looking for an opportunity to try it and make a final decision.

Aflliction Break is a good one, you'll see it used on Raids often.

Meltdown and Valigarmanda are both good since they are Tri-Element. A separate poster recently pointed out to me that Valigarmanda hits the elements that Summoners are somewhat weak on.

I didn't like Northern Cross, Quadrupple Foul, or Crushdown.

I think Overdrive is so-so.

friz898

Mastered the d200 ff12 Torment on second try.

I forgot to bring dispel and shellga (oops) but it was ok, I'm pretty stacked here.

Reks - BSB so buffs and CMD 1 Lightning
Penelo - USB and BSB
Vaan - Powerhouse.
Ashe - Lightning BSB
Fran - Lightning Imperil SSB.

RW: Wall, only used it one time.

Focused on only Mateus since forgot dispell/shellga and felt like I needed to burn him down.

Will have to setup better for next one.

Edit:

Got the d250 on second try, also mastered.

This one was nerve-wracking because I decided to go DPS vs. Wall. In fact, 3 people died in the last 2 rounds.

Vaan - Powerhouse
Relm - Last Stand BSB
Fran - Lightning Imperil
Ashe - BSB = all 9999's on entry and cmd with infused, 610 buff, Rapha buff, and breaks.
Rapha - Lightning BSB w/Cure

RW: Alphinaud - He died so fast. Before Deployment Tactics even wore off the first time.

I think Jumpstart going to be pretty easy since I'm loaded on dps. We'll see.

Edit2:

Got JS w/Mastery, with 3 ff12 chars.

Took me about 6 or 7 tries. First 4 or 5 times I was trying to take the Azer's out using Lightning AE.

That almost got it, but on my best run, Mateus was at 20% and I was like, well shit, let's just focus on him again.

Changed team around:

Vaan - Powerhouse. He just used his BSB and Power/Mental Breakdown in a rotation of 4 breaks.
Penelo - Used her only for the medals. Missed not having Last Stand. MultiBreak and BSB.
Tyro - Wall, Backup Heals.
Ashe - Killer. Again with her BSB she was doing insane damage.
Garnet - Lightning BSB1 and BSB2.

RW: Tifa's Radiant Shield (since already had 610 buff from Garnet BSB2)

Also Tyro had Arise, Garnet Shellga, Ashe had dispel.

Was a little harder than expected but since stacked on ff12 gear and lightning, it was nothing like my nightmares with d300 Bahamut.

KM8sQaH.png

Will be easier when I get 1 more Summon Crystal.

Kain uses his BSB as a SSB for the intense damage(Have him cast wall and then 3 consecutive BSB). Goes into Burst Commands on last cast. Ashe casts BSB and enters AOE Lightning mode which does more damage than her command AoE. Relm single cures until dude casts reflect then she starts casting BSB with CMD2 sprinkled in. Vaan targets Mateus. OK there for the shell, FB and BSB entry.

Lost 2 medals on my mastery run. Lose the Mog AoE but Vaan puts the lost damage from adds into the main dude which is quite useful. Vaan is almost fully dove. Missing 400 HP and slot 2. Was missing 20 ATK as well before but his presence boosted himself getting the extra 10 Dex motes.

Have 4 ice resists and they were all equipped. Don't hit the adds. You need ice resist not sleep resist equipped.

friz898

Thanks for the advice everyone! Kinda excited that I'm knocking these out, feels like a major step for me.

It is. It seemed like it was all at the same time that I could finish d180 events, nightmare, Mote dungeons, and the d200 torments.

Balphon

255 Nemesis is honestly probably easier than some of the stuff that has been released subsequent to it.

The new one has a bunch of added mechanics that make last stand less reliable and will probably be a pain, however.

friz898

I tried one time. We all died at 50-55%.

He did 3 boundless spells seemingly with no pause even with 6 healers and Insta heal.

What I brought was last stand bsb with Relm and Eiko reraise SSB plus bsb.

Balphon

The number of people using Shout against Nemesis is disheartening.

The lag inherent to MP makes his lol 600 speed and instant cast screw you phase harder than it should be.

Nemesis Apex done with a public team :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I was Vaan/Tyro (entrust battery)
Firion/Eiko (thank god this player left, I entrusted 2 bars and put her on hold for the < 40% HP Ruin Armageddon and Ethereal cannon spam)
Minfilia/Yuna
Alphinaud (his radiant shield is priceless)/Relm

Nemesis Apex Mastered.

Thank goodness I found a team that understood the new mechanics of the fight. The first few tries were a struggle.

Tidd

First try, so close... :( Infinity difficulty:

With a Alphinaud SSB he would be dead.... Sometimes it felt like we had too many healers. My Rosa did nothing for 2/3 of the battle because medica cmds were enough to heal us back.
Unfortunately the Cloud was soo bad. Only had his BSB2 and that barely did 9k damage with his 4-hit command. Meanwhile my Vaan did 9999 damage with everything. Oh, and we didn't have a constant hastega source. At least the top player was smart enough not to use Shout but most of the time his Ramza was slowed. How about some Slow accessory? You don't need the extra 45Atk for this ...

Top Bottom