• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom lied again: Dimps making SF4

rpgfan16k

:lol :lol :lol How did I miss this? :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Guys, Sonic Rush is the only good game they've ever made. DIMPS is responisble for alot of the anime game schlock on the market (Inuyasha ps2, for example), and they're also to blame for that disaster known as Tales of the Tempest on DS.

AS far as I'm concerned, if this is true, SF4 just went from INSTABUY to DO NOT WANT.

What?

Dimps made the Sonic Rush series, as well as the Rumble Fish, and the DBZ Budokai games...

But Chris Stevenson said in a interview, it's being made from an internal team at Capcom Japan?

Maybe Dimps is just helping out?

Xabora said:
If you've read any info they put out they said their SF IP ws being handled by Capcom US.

Capcom US owns the rights, but the game is being made in Japan.

I mean...THAT has to be for sure, right?

samratty

Dimps? Really? I'm not so sure... Although I don't have a copy of EGM so I guess you/they could be right. It is, atleast, under the direction of Capcom JP anyway.

Jazzem

I first read the title as "Dimps develop SF2HD", and I thought "Huh, that's okay"

Then I re-read it...

Still, I'll continue to hold faith in Ono! And if it's a case of them developing the console port then I'm not bothered at all to be honest. A lot of care seems to have been taken with the game, which coupled with positive impressions means I'm still very excited.

Yesterday

GAF: WOW, Dimps is making Sonic Unleashed Wii, great, it will be good!!, even better than X360/PS3 versions!! WOOT!!!

Today

GAF: ARGH!!! Dimps is making SF IV!! Do not want!! FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!!

Seriously, WTF GAF?!!

WTF?!!

[Nintex]

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yesterday

GAF: WOW, Dimps is making Sonic Unleashed Wii, great, it will be good!!, even better than X360/PS3 versions!! WOOT!!!

Today

Seriously, WTF GAF?!!

WTF?!!
Capcom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dimps>>Sonic Team

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Relaxed Muscle said:
Yesterday

Today

Seriously, WTF GAF?!!

WTF?!!

and no one (mostly) has even played either game, thats the best part.

Wait.. are you fucking serious?

Fucking seriously? WHAT? :lol :lol :lol

I thought Capcom said they were making this internally? WHY WOULD THEY LIE LIKE THIS!!?

ivysaur12 said:
I feel like Dimps and Tose together make most of the games that we play.

TOSE is a completely awesome development company that gets way more shit than they deserve. If they weren't so awesome, HUGE companies like Konami, Enix, and Nintendo themselves wouldn't entrust them with developing their biggest franchises. TOSE is solely responsible for awesomeness like Dragon Quest Monsters, Rocket Slime, the Starfy series, Super Princess Peach, Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, and countless other big titles. TOSE IS AWESOME.

DIMPS made the worst RPG I've ever played, Tales of the Tempest, which was a BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT.

WTF CAPCOM.

Y2Kev said:
SF4 embarrassment continues

There was nothing to be embarrassed about before this.

Hell, the latest loketest was overwhelmingly positive about everything in the game.

Just....why would Capcom keep this a secret for so long?

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yesterday

Today

Seriously, WTF GAF?!!

WTF?!!

Well the difference is that they've made 2 good Sonic games. Chances are they aren't going to screw up the next one if they stick to the same formula (as opposed to Sonic Team...) but they haven't made an SF game before

[Nintex]

NeonBlade said:
True or not, I have never seen a company decline to quickly. Last gen there were Capgod, this gen, Crapcom.
Dead Rising, Devil May Cry 4, Zack & Wiki and many other games disagree with you. Capcom is still awesome. Every time I watch a trailer and my jaw drops it ends with "CAPCOM".

NeonBlade said:
True or not, I have never seen a company decline to quickly. Last gen there were Capgod, this gen, Crapcom.

You are wrong.They still delivering, though they aren't as awesome.

But there's two reasons why they aren't as awesome the last gen.

Both of the reasons are in Platinum Games.

The only real reason Capcom fails this gen, is their total lack of anything Final Fight. Be it a compilation package, XBLA/PSN game, or otherwise.

UTTER FAILURE.

jarrod

Banned
It's true guys, there's even an EGM blurb on fan worries (which get dismissed by the end thanks to "experience" with DBZ and The Rumblefish.... uh). They do mention Dimps is "codeveloping", but they also say "outsourced" a sentince later.

I'm... um... conflicted. :/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The-Switcher said:
There was nothing to be embarrassed about before this.

Hell, the latest loketest was overwhelmingly positive about everything in the game.

Just....why would Capcom keep this a secret for so long?

Developers always keep it a secret when a game is being made by Dimps or TOSE

Top Bottom