• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Borman said:

Hot damn. Think we should do equivalents for Gears 1 and 2?

-PXG- said:
Thanks for the template. It's just what I needed....for THIS!

Here is a Gears cover I made, based off a photoshop piece I did recently:

nvm...gotta fix something....brb

Change the subtitle to "Bro's To The Close".

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Gears ones look great.

Maybe an XBOX 360 thread should be made so people who ignore this thread because they think it's only PS3 covers get to see them (and others).

RedSwirl

My humble attempt at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. In my opinion we just haven't had a lot to work with on this one:

If I ever have any time (maybe next weekend if I'm not too busy with Deus Ex) I'll probably get started on some Wii games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fuzzy said:
The Gears ones look great.

Maybe an XBOX 360 thread should be made so people who ignore this thread because they think it's only PS3 covers get to see them (and others).
Title change would probably work better since a lot of covers will be for multiplatform games. Not sure what would work well though, I'm not good at topic titles.

-PXG- said:
Thanks for the template. It's just what I needed....for THIS!

Here is a Gears cover I made, based off a photoshop piece I did recently:

http://i.imgur.com/WGNUO.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=6d44moo2rwka3wo&thumb=4[/url]

Made a small fix to the Xbox Live logo[/QUOTE]
Damn this one's nice.

RussellXV

chaosblade said:
First thought was the paper since copy paper will look really washed out, but you're set there.

Could be the printer/paper combination. Not sure how much difference it makes, but I've seen a lot of people say that mixing brands produces poor results.

Or it could be settings. In the print setup window there are options for Photoshop to manage the colors, or to let the printer do it. My covers are a lot more vivid letting Photoshop do it. Lots of options, not sure which is best.
The colors look good, but I it's just the black that doesn't look that great.

I like PXG's Gears 3 cover too (same with the second Gears cover by Borman (boat)).
The Halo Reach one is great -- I'll print that out for sure, I need something for the beta Reach disc I have.

I may also use that RDR one...

I was looking to start on a SSF4 cover this afternoon, but couldn't find anything I was feeling for artwork so far.

Borman

Eyeballed a 3ds cover based on the Ocarina one.
revelations1s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/revelations1.jpg

Logo is way too small though on the spine. Might revisit it later. Plus, it may be okay printed, I dont know.

PXG's Gears 3 cover would be perfect as a limited edition style cover. Great stuff.

I'm going to try to make some this week as I'll have more time.

RedSwirl

demosthenes said:
RE cover? Shameless request: RE5 PS3 :3

Thanks for reminding me. I was gonna go ahead and try that. Maybe next week. Might just end up being a cleaner version of the official art though.

Borman

Your second one is almost identical to the third one I initially posted but deleted when I didnt feel like fixing it hah

gearsborman3s.jpg

RedSwirl said:
My humble attempt at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. In my opinion we just haven't had a lot to work with on this one:

These are really nice, but could you post a version without the Games for Windows images? i thing it would look great with jsut the game logo (and its not a Games for Windows game ;) )

RedSwirl

electristan said:
These are really nice, but could you post a version without the Games for Windows images? i thing it would look great with jsut the game logo (and its not a Games for Windows game ;) )

Not really sure I'd want to do it without SOMETHING up there. I know it's not technically GFW, but lots of games have that marking without actually having much of anything to do with GFW. The people in the OT were asking about that too. I was gonna do another attempt at DXHR anyway though. Maybe I'll put up different versions.

EDIT: It's proving very difficult for me to actually find the necessary logos for anything PC other than GFW.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
RedSwirl said:
Not really sure I'd want to do it without SOMETHING up there. I know it's not technically GFW, but lots of games have that marking without actually having much of anything to do with GFW. The people in the OT were asking about that too. I was gonna do another attempt at DXHR anyway though. Maybe I'll put up different versions.
Is it Steamworks? There are Steam templates out there.

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
Alright, Call of Duty 4 is done. I ended up having to crop off some of the back, but I still think it looks okay.

Click for full size.
Any chance someone has a high res version of this?

When you guys are taking these to staples, kinkos or whatever, your buying the glossy paper right?

They had it but the employee told me i need the laser printer kind? I only saw inkjet. And its near $30 by the way!

Another employee told me the glossy is not the same kind as the PS3 paper (I brought in LA noire for reference). That the staples kind wrinkles and i would have to ship it out to get in done?

Somebody fucking help.

Canova

Banned
Kung Fu Grip said:
When you guys are taking these to staples, kinkos or whatever, your buying the glossy paper right?

They had it but the employee told me i need the laser printer kind? I only saw inkjet. And its near $30 by the way!

Another employee told me the glossy is not the same kind as the PS3 paper (I brought in LA noire for reference). That the staples kind wrinkles and i would have to ship it out to get in done?

Somebody fucking help.

My shop didn't ask too much. I just showed them the sample, they know what to do right away. The paper don't have to be exactly the same, as long as glossy, people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I printed 27 covers for 23 bucks

Kung Fu Grip said:

Somebody fucking help.

The paper probably won't be the same exact type but IMO it doesn't matter.

Just try out a different couple styles and see what you like. And why are you buying paper, just take it to a place and have them do it, it's like $.70 per page.

Canova said:
My shop didn't ask too much. I just showed them the sample, they know what to do right away. The paper don't have to be exactly the same, as long as glossy, people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I printed 27 covers for 23 bucks
Did you bring paper in? $23 how? She said i had to buy a case of paper. Which was $30.

Was yours laser?

EDIT- demosthenes the girl said i need to buy a pack!

Kung Fu Grip said:
Did you bring paper in? $23 how? She said i had to buy a case of paper. Which was $30.

Was yours laser?

EDIT- demosthenes the dumb bitch told me to buy a pack!

Don't be so mad, it's probably just store policy, where was it?

I went to Office Max (Copy Max) b/c Fed-Ex Kinko's won't do it b/c they're afraid of the copyright logos.

demosthenes said:
Don't be so mad, it's probably just store policy, where was it?

I went to Office Max (Copy Max) b/c Fed-Ex Kinko's won't do it b/c they're afraid of the copyright logos.
It was staples in the bronx.

Unless she was confused, i don't see why i would have to buy a case just to print 2 papers.

Besides that. Whats with this laser printer stuff?

Canova

Banned
Kung Fu Grip said:

Was yours laser?

EDIT- demosthenes the girl said i need to buy a pack!

no need to buy a pack, she didn't know what she's talkin about. one paper only costs me 30 cents,

Kung Fu Grip said:
It was staples in the bronx.

Unless she was confused, i don't see why i would have to buy a case just to print 2 papers.

Besides that. Whats with this laser printer stuff?

yeah mine done on laser printer, but the shop should have it. i mean how could you have a printer shop and not have a laser printer

Canova said:
no need to buy a pack, she didn't know what she's talkin about. one paper only costs me 30 cents,

yeah mine done on laser printer, but the shop should have it. i mean how could you have a printer shop and not have a laser printer
She said the paper had to be the laser printer type. All i saw was inkjet.

RE5? Oh shit... please knock it out of the park, I have the gold edition and actually like the cover so... impress me!

Getting Deus Sex tomorrow so will definitely print that one out in the coming days.

RedSwirl

brandonh83 said:
RE5? Oh shit... please knock it out of the park, I have the gold edition and actually like the cover so... impress me!

Getting Deus Sex tomorrow so will definitely print that one out in the coming days.

If you guys are okay with the art saying "Biohazard 5" then I could have some badass shit going down right now. Otherwise I'm still trying to find good art.

RedSwirl said:
If you guys are okay with the art saying "Biohazard 5" then I could have some badass shit going down right now. Otherwise I'm still trying to find good art.

yeah I've been searching for high res stuff all day, I'm doing a Silent Hill HD Collection and it's pretty tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom