• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Chabbles

Kona actually had a Pro patch since day one.

For real ?. Is it possible that enabling "boost mode" on a game (like Kona) that already has a Pro patch could cause frame rate, pacing issues ?. I started with boost enabled and restarted 20 minutes in because it felt so stuttery, shit felt noticeable smoother after, but maybe i just imagined it.

So im trying to figure out whether or not Dead Island benefits from boost mode, In the OP (below) is mentions Dead Island, but no specifics. What does this mean ? Boost added ?
The specifics of Boost Mode improvements are listed in a separate post from the official support. There's a header for them, but the easiest way to distinguish the lists is the Boost Mode title bars being light instead of dark.

For real ?. Is it possible that enabling "boost mode" on a game (like Kona) that already has a Pro patch could cause frame rate, pacing issues ?. I started with boost enabled and restarted 20 minutes in because it felt so stuttery, shit felt noticeable smoother after, but maybe i just imagined it.
It's very unlikely that Boost Mode would interfere with official support. However, with games like Kona or Dead Island where framerate is not totally solid in any mode, your results may vary from instance to instance. How smooth they are crucially depends on what's onscreen, so a run through the same area might give different results if not exactly identical. I can say the bump in both these games is there, but isn't particularly large. Natural variability from run to run may swamp the generalized improvements.

I've updated the OP, but despite it being nearly a week since the last update I couldn't add much. Since I don't have a Pro myself, I count on material uploaded to this thread or elsewhere on the internet, and there just hasn't been much new recently. Anyone who's found this resource useful, if you own any games I haven't included, it would be great to get 4K shots from various modes. This is especially true for the games in tables 3 and 4 of the OP, or for anything released recently.

Thanks again for all your help, and please let me know if you have any suggestions for the thread. Much appreciated!

Ahasverus

Since I don't have a Pro myself, I count on material uploaded to this thread or elsewhere on the internet, and there just hasn't been much new recently.
Whaaaaaat? If there's a person in the world who deserves one, it's you, as you've built the most extensive Pro database out there. Come on Sony, throw this man a bone.

Anybody know if Prey will receive support?
Well, Bethesda are currently running a contest where you can win a Pro customized with Prey artwork on it, along with the game and a 4K HDR TV "To enjoy it in its complete glory". That's not a definite "yes", but it certainly strongly suggests it'll have support. I can't find where they've announced any official details, though.

Vashetti

Banned
Ofcourse it will, any game released after pro launched will have some form of pro support. This excludes rereleases or western releases of older games that came before Pro, like Yakuza and Persona.

There have been several games launched since the Pro that have no support.

black070

There have been several games launched since the Pro that have no support.

Apart from Yooka Laylee*, what other retail release has launched since October without Pro support ?

*obviously excluding Japenese localised releases i.e. Persona 5, Yakuza 0 etc.

Vashetti

Banned
Apart from Yooka Laylee*, what other retail release has launched since October without Pro support ?

*obviously excluding Japenese localised releases i.e. Persona 5, Yakuza 0 etc.

Not sure, but I've definitely read some that have no enhancements.

Probably some in this very thread.

Does The Walking Dead: A New Frontier have any kind of Pro enhancements ?
You may want to check the Boost Mode list! Minor framerate improvements reported; let me know if you see otherwise.

Ah yes, Styx. Well, there do seem to be the odd exceptions with smaller name titles - but as far as the vast majority of retail releases go, I think Pro enhancements should be expected.
LEGO City Undercover also seems to have no official support, just Boost Mode. (Though the difference between Boost and "official support but not much" is rather ephemeral.)

Anybody has tried Risen 3 with boost mode?
I've seen no reports on it. If you check it out, it'd be great if you can post shots/videos/impressions. Thanks!

Footos22

Seems like a toss up now, since the very similar title Styx: Shards of Darkness did not.

wtf.gif

TMC

What happens with games like Yooka-Laylee where the game releases after PS4 Pro, but doesn't really support it? Is there a benefit to be had with boost mode for those games?

What happens with games like Yooka-Laylee where the game releases after PS4 Pro, but doesn't really support it? Is there a benefit to be had with boost mode for those games?
With Yooka-Laylee specifically, there's no Boost Mode benefit because the game already stays at 1080p and locked 30fps. But with LEGO City Undercover and Styx, some minor framerate dips are smoothed out by Boost Mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does anyone have any links with decent info on temporal injection? I find it to be a very, very impressive reconstruction technique and would love to learn more about it.

Was it ever confirmed if The Division was using that? I know R&C and Spider-Man are.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought pro support post pro launched were mandatory for newer titles that have fresh release.

The developer presentation that leaked last year mentions "All PlayStation 4 titles released October 2016 or later should support both the original PlayStation 4 system and the Neo system", but that refers to games running on both systems, not having to support the Neo in some sort of proper manner. This was reiterated a few months later in "The Ultimate FAQ", which states "virtually all new PS4 game releases moving forward will be able to take advantage of PS4 Pro capabilities on day one, or in some cases shortly after launch via a downloadable update" (emphasis mine). In fewer words, there was never a mandate, just a misunderstanding -- PS4 Pro support is merely encouraged.

philm87

Only played a few hours, but Skyrim still definitely has framerate issues in 4K despite some patches. I've got nothing to compare it to on release, but it's still very playable and doesn't spoil the experience too much. 4K textures and resolution look pretty good.

bubumiao

Gonna ask this here because most people in this thread probably have a pro and a 4K TV.

If I have 1080p movies on an external hard drive and I play them with the media player on PS4 Pro will they be upscaled to 4K?

This is a bit weird, they patched the crashing in boost mode, but not actual Pro support :p

Was probably a simple fix versus lots of work.

If we can't get a patch for Witcher 3 after they made a couple 100 million off ps4 users then SOMA not getting an update seems reasonable.

I know hardly anybody plays it (but I love it!) but has anybody had problems with Dangerous Golf mode crashing with boost mode on or off? I have boost mode on and it keeps crashing after a round - and I keep forgetting to turn boost off before I play to check if it's an issue.

Top Bottom