• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I think im at the very last part of the game.
Memento deep

The difficulty spike is BRUTAL.

Enemies are savage, RNG is nightmarish (every enemy chains critical, they dodge, they have HP pool worthy of bosses...

And it's right after the previous dungeon with no time spared to equip myself in coffee, curry and other medecine. I'm at the safe house I have no idea how long it is, if I can go back or what lies ahead but I'm getting seriously mauled here...

level 67 all team confident maxed out... Playing on Easy... Is this a true ending dungeon or something ? It feel so punishing and I really hate these enduring battle against the SP drought
Go talk to the Velvet Twin (can't remember which) that's standing outside the Velvet Room. They fully heal your HP and SP for free.
The last area isn't so bad once you make use of that.

Well, thanks to the fact that this was the only game I played I can finally truthfully answer in online surveys how much I play video games. I't about 10-14 hours a week :)

Sometimes I wish RPG wasn't my favorite genre lol. Finding the time to tackle these gigantic games isn't easy.

Lunar15

I think im at the very last part of the game.
Memento deep

The difficulty spike is BRUTAL.

Enemies are savage, RNG is nightmarish (every enemy chains critical, they dodge, they have HP pool worthy of bosses...

And it's right after the previous dungeon with no time spared to equip myself in coffee, curry and other medecine. I'm at the safe house I have no idea how long it is, if I can go back or what lies ahead but I'm getting seriously mauled here...

level 67 all team confident maxed out... Playing on Easy... Is this a true ending dungeon or something ? It feel so punishing and I really hate these enduring battle against the SP drought

End game is the easiest part of the game. You can go to caroline and refill all heath and SP and you should have stuff like concentrate/charge on ann and ryuji that can wreck enemies. Same goes for One Shot Kill for Haru.

I laughed
tumblr_oowgtxcAFJ1wn6hn2o1_540.png

tumblr_oowgtxcAFJ1wn6hn2o2_540.png

BigAT

So I'm getting fairly far in
just caught up with the interrogation, 11/20
. This is my first Persona game, but it's my understanding in P4 that getting the good/true ending depended on some dialogue choices late in the game.

Is there a similar situation here? Not looking to get spoilered on anything, but is there something I should keep an eye open for that will determine if I get the proper ending stuff?

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm getting fairly far in
just caught up with the interrogation, 11/20
. This is my first Persona game, but it's my understanding in P4 that getting the good/true ending depended on some dialogue choices late in the game.

Is there a similar situation here? Not looking to get spoilered on anything, but is there something I should keep an eye open for that will determine if I get the proper ending stuff?

There will be choices, it'll be obvious

On the (presumably) last day, in the final dungeon, and I have every confidant maxed save
the Fool
. I still can't believe I managed that on a first playthrough.
How did you manage that? Im at 8/5 and about to finish
Futubas
Palace and this has been my primary concern. I haven't started Iwai's because I don't have enough Guts yet but everyone is in the Level 3-6 range outside of like two of that are at Rank 7 and 8

Strimei

So just random thing I found, I'm sure some know of it but its news to me:

P5's whole soundtrack is on itunes ($29.99 for the whole shebang)

I only just now discovered it since I was looking up "Life Will Change" (a singer I like did a cover of it and released it) and went "wait, why is there so many P5 lis-OH WOW".

Nice surprise!

And you reach the boss before the vocals even kick in.

On my first playthrough, I went all the way through Kamoshida's palace for the treasure run while avoiding as many battles as I could, and it was hype as fuck. It really got me in that Phantom Thief groove.

The later dungeons get a little too long to do this, though, so I usually just warped to a safe room near the middle.

How did you manage that? Im at 8/5 and about to finish
Futubas
Palace and this has been my primary concern. I haven't started Iwai's because I don't have enough Guts yet but everyone is in the Level 3-6 range outside of like two of that are at Rank 7 and 8
The two confidants to prioritize are Fortune and Temperance. Fortune's Luck Reading is a big help for raising social stats (bigger than you'd anticipate) and Affinity Reading (gained at Rank 7) is monstrously powerful--it gives you affinity points for a character of your choice without costing any time, once per day. And Temperance just really helps out with extra time. The Rank 10 is especially nice--
it allows you to go out at night after going to a Palace or Mementos

I think the number one biggest thing that contributed to my success was Affinity Reading though.

Menitta

I convinced my sister and her fiancé to get P5. They managed to get a steelbook edition so they just gave me the case. That steelbook is eyesex. Like every UI element in this game.

Mediking

Are you making sure to use SP replenishing accessories?

Ehhhh... got ARM PC equipped....

I'm like 5-6 safe rooms into the 5th palace and Haru says we are just half way through. Whew this feels long...

HAHAH! THE IRONY! Haru just told me that and I saved then turned the game off. Lmao I had enough of Palace 5 of today. That really annoyed me. I'm like, "I've been fighting SP draining clowns all day and I'm still just halfway??? What is this? Kamoshida's Palace all over again?"

Mediking

But the treasure is just through that door!
/s

When Morgana first said that... I got so excited because I thought the nightmare was over...

But then Morgana said it again... and again...

And Haru now said we're only halfway...

Lmao I turned it off after that.

Ng+ spoilers
once you start ng+, you restart your level. But is it possible to beat the twins as soon as you unlock mementos if I have the ultimate yoshitsune?

pixxxelz

Ng+ spoilers
once you start ng+, you restart your level. But is it possible to beat the twins as soon as you unlock mementos if I have the ultimate yoshitsune?
its pretty hard but yeah it can be done, first phase is the hardest imo since they use bullet and theres nothing you can do about that except pray to rngesus that you don't get hit.

Starting NG+... what carries over and is there any cool changes?

Compendium, Social Stats , Money, Key Items that unlock mechanics and equipment (but not consumables except those you got after the final​ boss).

Nope, you even get the Tutorial popups again. The only new stuff is
Satanael being fusable and the battle with the Twins

SlickVic

Weird, I didn't have much issue doing persona negotiations in the first 2 palaces, but now in the third one, it feels incredibly vague.

For a Irritable persona, I'm supposed to pick the 'serious' answer, but I really have no clue which one is supposed to be the 'serious' choice. I'm hesitant to even bother now, since messing it up means the fight continues, and a certain enemy in this palace can use their insta-kill light attack on MC for a quick game over. I have the party member skills to step in for failed negotiations, but doesn't seem to trigger that often.

The two confidants to prioritize are Fortune and Temperance. Fortune's Luck Reading is a big help for raising social stats (bigger than you'd anticipate) and Affinity Reading (gained at Rank 7) is monstrously powerful--it gives you affinity points for a character of your choice without costing any time, once per day. And Temperance just really helps out with extra time. The Rank 10 is especially nice--
it allows you to go out at night after going to a Palace or Mementos

I think the number one biggest thing that contributed to my success was Affinity Reading though.
Got her to rank 7 and used it. Do I have to wait for it to take effect? I was hoping it would be immediate

AHA-Lambda

Uh ok, I expect some backlash but I had to put my thoughts down, and I've gave Persona 5 about 10ish hours now (passed the first palace) and I just don't think it's much of my cup of tea =/
FWIW, I've never played persona before, and have only ever played one other traditional/old school jrpg before, and that was back in the ps1 days (FF8, didn't like it either).

I don't think tt's a genre that I find interesting in gameplay terms, but I thought to give this a bash cos much of everything else about it did tick my interests, plus the huge acclaim helped too.

But yeah I don't like the combat gameplay; I had already somehow found myself underleveled on Easy mode, and struggling to progress through the 1st palace against the time limit.
So I put it on the Safety mode except now the game basically plays itself, and it's now just a very long and drawn out visual novel.

Well I can trade it in for most of the money back.
I fully expect comments telling me I played it wrong, and yeah I'm certain I have, but I can't say I am particularly bothered. Like I said I just wanted to put my thoughts down =/

AHA-Lambda

What level were you? It's ok if you don't like it but being underleveled on the first palace on easy mode sounds unusual.

Think it was about level 7, I think?

And I found that bout the time I got to the first mini-boss every enemy was a red highlight with the "third -eye", and I was struggling to get much progress by that point.

I didn't get it, by all accounts I hear of many clearing dungeons in a couple days at most, and I was going to take much longer, on easy =/

Weird, I didn't have much issue doing persona negotiations in the first 2 palaces, but now in the third one, it feels incredibly vague.

For a Irritable persona, I'm supposed to pick the 'serious' answer, but I really have no clue which one is supposed to be the 'serious' choice. I'm hesitant to even bother now, since messing it up means the fight continues, and a certain enemy in this palace can use their insta-kill light attack on MC for a quick game over. I have the party member skills to step in for failed negotiations, but doesn't seem to trigger that often.

You get two questions per encounter, the first is supposed to let you feel out the style of answer that the Persona doesn't like. It's still weird and vague a lot of the time and if you guess wrong on the first question you still only have a 50/50 of guessing the "liked" response.

If you know an enemy can use Insta-kills of a specific element its probably a good idea to try and have a Persona that Resists that element at least.

Top Bottom