• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 Consoles (PS4/XBOXONE)

U2NUMB

Saw it earlier in the X1 store.. bundled with the first game for $35. Full princed said $69 and no way to buy SW2 on its own.. either way I bought it.

About 3 hours in and I love it.. combat is great and I like the loot and the overall vibe of the game. Visually I am let down as I have seen how great the game can look on PC. But it plays well so there is that....

Edit: That PS4 Pro footage to me looks much clearer than X1 so certainly some work has been done or maybe its just native res thats doing the trick.

eshwaaz

Only about an hour in on PS4, but the sound mix is awful. The clicks of menu navigation are louder than my revolver. Not a great first impression.

zedge

Seriously F PSN and its shit download speeds.. Its been downloading for over 3 hrs now and its at 4 GB of 6.8.... WTF

I have a 150MB connection. Downloads on my Xbone are fast as hell compared to this.

/end rant

Seriously F PSN and its shit download speeds.. Its been downloading for over 3 hrs now and its at 4 GB of 6.8.... WTF

I have a 150MB connection. Downloads on my Xbone are fast as hell compared to this.

/end rant

Make sure you don't have any streaming apps open like Netflix and try pausing and resuming.

I bought the steam version for $24. I am still early in the game, but I am really surprised it's running at 30 FPS on consoles. It seems to be really optimized on PC and it was running 60 FPS at 1080p without much hassle on a GTX 1060. It was not CPU dependent either. I am fairly sure that the PRO could handle this game at 60 FPS at least. I just hope they at least increase the resolution.

Glad its not just me with shit download speeds....psn is a joke sometimes...my xbox took 10 minutes to download this...looking at my ps4 ...67 hours remain...thats even after i pause...restart

Justinh

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
i honestly thought they did. so strange.

No they just force dev to suport Ps4pro in their upcomming games but there's no obligation of framerate or adding bells and whistle(it can be a game resolution bumping from 900p to 1080p but that's it) ,IIRC there's a resolution minimum of 1080p but on ps4 pro it shouldn't be a problem.

120v

I bought the steam version for $24. I am still early in the game, but I am really surprised it's running at 30 FPS on consoles. It seems to be really optimized on PC and it was running 60 FPS at 1080p without much hassle on a GTX 1060. It was not CPU dependent either. I am fairly sure that the PRO could handle this game at 60 FPS at least. I just hope they at least increase the resolution.

particle effects in the game are pretty nuts. Pro could handle it fine but i don't think they wanted to bother finding the 'middle ground' to keep it above 30 on vanilla

Played about 3 hours on the PS4 (pro). Looks decent and runs well. The only issue is that the levels are reused alot which given the rpg elements isn't ideal as I'm level 11 and seen one of the levels 4 times. Overall pretty fun though and the shooting feels great.

Dave1988

This being 30fps on Pro is disappointing, but I still decided to get it. If anyone's interested in playing co-op, my PSN is Dave1988.

Could they really do that, though? What if a dev didn't want to do the extra work for Pro benefits, they're just refused a release on PS4?

Then it's on Sony for not making the Pro easy enough to develop for that devs consider it a burden. Either way the Pro situation is a goddamn mess.

Oneself

30fps on the Pro? Oh well, I'll wait for a 60-70% discount on PSN then.
I expected great things after the well done SW console ports. =[

scitek

30fps on the Pro? Oh well, I'll wait for a 60-70% discount on PSN then.
I expected great things after the well done SW console ports. =[

They may still patch in Pro support, but I wouldn't be surprised if they time it with a sale.

Mossybrew

Well I've only played a couple hours on PS4 but as first impressions go, I'm really digging the game. If you like shooters with RPG systems, it seem like a no-brainer. Seems like there's going to be a lot of weapons to find and a lot of customizing and tweaking them, plus gear and powers for your dude. Fun game, surprised it released so under the radar. Didn't play the first one but picked up the double pack since the price was better.

dochuge

I don't know I'm not feeling this one so far. Shooting is fine but the environments aren't really interesting and I'm constantly having to go to the menu screen to equip or check out new gems. It takes the flow out of the game for me. I hope it starts growing on me but feeling a little disappointed. I liked the first one quite a bit.

Mossybrew

I'm constantly having to go to the menu screen to equip or check out new gems.

I think you need to make a personal rule to just check out what you've picked up after a mission is complete. Personally I don't mind checking every little item out but if you find it's interrupting your game flow, seriously just wait till you're back in the hub, check out your inventory then.

Game is 900p on xbox but appears to run smoother than ps4 version running at 1080p (im running on a pro)...not sure whats going on here....its a very rushed port after sinking around 6 hours into each version.

HiiiLife

So many cutscenes in this. But the game is fun in co op. Had to turn off all that film grain, motion blur BS. Feels like it looks a lot better now.

It's a little weird to me too, it's so well optimized, just to test, I was getting around 38fps average at 4k resolution on my 1070, which is bonkers.

What's with the stealth release? If it wasn't for that Digital Foundry video I would've had no idea it was out on consoles. Got it last night for PS4 and it's amazing fun so far. Played a couple of missions and felt like a 80's ninja movie protagonist the entire time.
Hope they'll patch in some sort of support for PS4 Pro owners, maybe 4k or 60 fps? If Doom and Bf1 can do it, this game certainly could do it.

Is there an option to auto pick up items. Mashing X constantly is gettin as annoying as these cutscenes lol.

They should auto pick-up within your character radius or when you walk over them if the PC version is to go by. There is even a skill which increases pick-up range on PC. Is it not so on console?

Top Bottom