• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon leaked? [Achievements leaked too, has REAL dragons?!]

Joystiq said:
Update: The unannounced continuation in question may be an XBLA game called Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Via a tip from the typically reliable @lifelower, we've learned of Brazilian classification ratings for a "first-person shooter" by that name, alongside possible XBLA artwork for the game. That would certainly be a 'surprising' enough announcement. We've reached out to Ubisoft for comment.

Original Story: Far Cry 3 lead writer Jeffrey Yohalem hinted to Joystiq the game is getting some form of upcoming continuation, although whether that's via downloadable content or a new series entry altogether - or maybe something else entirely - isn't clear.

With Ubisoft's recent disclosure that fans won't have to wait four more years for another Far Cry in mind, if we were Ubisoft, we wouldn't want to leave Far Cry 3 and its characters and world behind just yet. We asked Yohalem if that was something he had in mind too.

"Yes," Yohalem told us, "I'm working on something now that will be surprising, I think, when it's announced. But it definitely is a 'strike while the iron's hot' thing, and we'll see."

Ubisoft's recent earning call revealed just how hot that iron is, with 4.5 million copies of Far Cry 3 shipped worldwide. Yohalem previously worked as lead writer on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, so maybe Ubisoft has a Brotherhood-like continuation in mind for Far Cry 3. For now, as Yohalem said, we'll have to wait and see.

i1qeQo9.png

Far Cry 3 was my GOTY for 2012 so very interested in any sort of follow up, surprised they might be going down this route rather than traditional DLC though.

Link to article

Edit: CruchinJelly doing my work for me

SJRB

Gold Member
It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

In fact, come to think of it I'm pretty amazed we haven't had any DLC as of yet. As long as it's for the singleplayer campaign and it adds some cool new weapons I welcome it.

Especially with the outpost reset option I could really get lost in this jungle once again.

edit: wow I totally misunderstood the OP. Wow.

ezekial45

Banned
My money is on a prequel starring Vaas or Vaas in an Alyx style role.

I get a feeling they'd do that. They hyped him up to the be the next big villain, and even though he didn't quite reach those heights, he certainly made an impression on people.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. FC3 was pretty great.

volturnus

Banned
"Yohalem previously worked as lead writer on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, so maybe Ubisoft has a Brotherhood-like continuation in mind for Far Cry 3."

This sounds absolutely terrible.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Love that possible box art. Maybe this will be some bananas isometric thing?

Con_Smith

Banned
We never really see Vaas dead, and with the popularity of the character so high I would hope they find a way to bring him back.

The
second island
did a really incredible job of killing my interest in continuing anything in this game

Edit: this thread could probably use more spoiler tags fellas.

phierce

I'd happily take on another single player campaign.

The above idea involving Vaas could be pretty interesting, but as long as it can stand up next to FC3 on it's own, I'll take any character...sing me up!

duckroll

Strongly considering buying whatever the fuck this is simply because of the logo. I didn't even play Far Cry 3! Lol.

SJRB

Gold Member
Like Skyrim with guns!

I hope it's some strange "chasing the dragon" drugs-related thing

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
For those who used the Nintengaf IRC these last months, i've written some clues about what (one of ) the next entry in Far Cry will be.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, it could just as easily be one of these. Pretty reasonable, considering the typical Far Cry settings. Calling them "Dragons" increases the mythos of the creatures and makes the achievements sound more badass than "You killed a big lizard, I guess..."

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Far Cry Blood Dragon and Far Cry Classic. The latter got rated today in Korea. ;)

I don't know if the person involved is referring to the project i've heard, but the "surprising" could be that. It's surprising in terms of mechanism, rather than content. A new (and trendy) way to make fps nowadays, applied to this license. Can't say more :p

Edit: after seeing the boxart, i'm not sure it's related at all. If it's not the same game, well, you just heard there is another installment, original, on the pipes :p

M.D

Well, it could just as easily be one of these. Pretty reasonable, considering the typical Far Cry settings. Calling them "Dragons" increases the mythos of the creatures and makes the achievements sound more badass than "You killed a big lizard, I guess..."

FUCK those komodo dragons

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The look of the boxart and the achievements make me think it's going to be some weird OTT thing.

If this has anything to do with FC3 the titular dragons have to be Komodo dragons. I mean there was something called a blood Komodo dragon in the Falll release. I'm super confused nothing about this make sense.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wowowow those achievements make this sound amazing

Also a lot of then. Sounds like a big expansion rather than regular dlc.

Top Bottom