• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight for Youth | FG charity tournament | April 14

USD

Fight for Youth Charity Tournament - April 14th - Trailer
Fight for Youth #01 featuring Clockw0rk (Charity Tournament Documentary)
Fight for Youth #02 featuring Clockw0rk (Charity Tournament Documentary)

STREAM

This charity event will be streamed by Offcast. Tournament is scheduled to start at 11AM PDT:

http://www.twitch.tv/offcast

DONATION

If you would like to donate towards ASES Prep and Afterschool's Got Talent (see the above videos or the info section below), please go the the following site:

Fight for Youth donation page at WePay

Huge amounts of donations from lots of sources all ready. After TwitchTV announced they would match the first $2000 in donations, SRK announced they would match all of TwitchTV's. BROKENTIER, Level|Up, The Box Arena, Cross Counter, eightarc, BradyGames, Capcom, TwitchTV, SRK, HORI, Mad Catz, TRITTON and Namco Bandai are among those supporting the cause.

There will be also a head-shaving event. At $7500, $10,000 and every $5000 after that, a name will be drawn out of a hat and someone will have their head shaved on-stream.

INFO

Fight For Youth is a charity tournament being held to benefit ASES Prep, which is the afterschool program that operates in 12 schools in the Norwalk/La Mirada School District. Funds raised will go towards their "Afterschool's Got Talent" show on May 16th which will be held at Excelsior Auditorium in Norwalk. The money will also be used to rent charter buses that allow the kids to take field trips to locations farther than the immediate vicinity of Norwalk.

The tournament will be held April 14th at Sanchez Elementary in Norwalk, CA. Featured games are Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom and Street Fighter X Tekken (doubles). Doors open at 10am and tournament starts at 11am.

Arturo Sanchez Elementary
11960 E. 162nd Street
Norwalk, CA 90650

For more information about ASES Prep:

http://www.nlmusd.org/ases
https://www.facebook.com/asesprep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IuF2BkxOfk

SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS

BROKENTIER
Level|Up
The Box Arena
Cross Counter
eightarc
BradyGames
Capcom
TwitchTV
SRK.com
HORI
Mad Catz
TRITTON
Namco Bandai and others

GAMES

Street Fighter X Tekken - Doubles
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Singles

PLAYERS

Not entirely sure who will be going, but expect plenty of SoCal's finest to be in force.

Alex Valle
Airtola
Clockw0rk
Combofiend
Fanatiq
Gootecks
James Chen
Justin Wong
KillerKai
Knives
LLND
Marn
Mike Ross
Noah
Rip
Royalflush
Tatsu
Wentinel

h3ro

Really excited for this tourney!

I wonder what team Justin will go with. His Felicia is lethal.

Marn's Steve Fox is so fun to watch.

Actually that's Steve Nash.
i

impact

Banned
GAMES

The beginning of the end for AE in USA.

ismk

GAMES

Why would you say it's the beginning of the end of AE? It is still extremely popular in tournaments and you have to remember that organizer (Clockwork) is SFxT and UMVC3 player, I don't even remember him playing AE recently.

LOL, I think the reason SF4 isn't there because they only wanted 2 games and SFxT is the new hotness(well not really lol). Plus Clockwork isn't a SF4 player(or a SF player at all), and it's his tournament. But attendance for SF4 is still pretty strong and on par with these 2. Don't expect SF4 to drop to MK or Tekken levels anytime soon(when it comes to attendance that is).

h3ro

Tatsu being first is anti-climactic since he got rid of the tatsu-police look.

Great cause, proud of these guys for putting this together.

Excuse me while I throw up, I can't watch this monstrosity. Tatsu should have never been there, he didn't deserve this. This shouldn't be happenening :*(

Top Bottom