• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts has an exact same cutscene from MW2

kazebyaka

Banned
Casual gamer won't notice it anyway, but hardcore fans will appreciate the nod to the previous games and devs will save money. Win-win for everybody.

Milennia

Going with fan service on this one. (Ill rephrase since people are indirectly responding to me) , (what THEY feel is fan service, whilst reusing the asset, in other words, what i think they where going for, not how i portray it)
Or intentional. (Same thing)

Reasoning, I'm pretty sure a game that sells like COD has an enormous community.
Do you think they really would be able to get away with just a rushed ending and not get called out on it ?

Its 2 things, rushed yet they did it in such a way that most of the community wont care.

Daffy Duck

Lest we forget the dog is named Riley after Simon "Ghost" Riley.

[sarcasm]Lazy.[/sarcasm]

I don't care, I like the nod back for the fans.

Nibel

QaLGO0Q.jpg

mclem

I... sort of approve of this. Kinda.

In that, well, using stock footage is established and economical in other fields, I don't see an inherent reason why the notion shouldn't fit for gaming. Provided, of course, that the cutscene makes sense in the new context - and I'm not in a position to judge that.

Don't get me wrong: It's absolutely a cheapskate move. I just... don't think being cheapskates is *that* bad if it works.

MormaPope

Banned
Fan Service?

Yeah, just like that infamous picture frame from Mass Effect 3, or the Buzz Aldrin clone. This scene in Ghosts definitely wasn't rushed.

Squire

Banned
Casual gamer won't notice it anyway, but hardcore fans will appreciate the nod to the previous games and devs will save money. Win-win for everybody.

DAT spin.

If you ever apply to be a PR rep or CM for the franchise, this post needs to be on your resume.

TasTokyo

I'm not sure you understand the word exact. You make it sound like it's identical. Whereas it's clearly a newly made cutscene that is meant to mimic the old one.

MormaPope

Banned
Why would there be a homage when this is supposed to be a spin off series? Why wasn't this sort of scene in Modern Warfare 3?

mclem

I'm not sure you understand the word exact. You make it sound like it's identical. Whereas it's clearly a newly made cutscene that is meant to mimic the old one.

Well, it'd have to be rerendered for higher resolutions anyhow.

Edit: Oh, ingame cutscene, not video. I take it back.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Funny, but honestly, no one besides ppl here on NeoGAF will care.

rezuth

Considering how much assets like animations, textures and props are reused through all their games I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom