• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Sethos

Banned
Hitman.

Tried to find a decent AA solution, FXAA was very ineffective and lots of MSAA kills the performance. So here's some mixing and matching of AA while still maintaining 60FPS.

ibgEfJGzxShjyx.png

iMmtDIuvXu26f.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sethos, you liked Blood money right? Be honest with me, how is Absolution as a hitman game?

iNvid02

some games are just to pretty to ignore, absolution looks like one of em

as much as i love big open world games, they cant match that level of detail.

Sethos

Banned
Sethos, you liked Blood money right? Be honest with me, how is Absolution as a hitman game?

Yeah, I did like Blood Money.

I don't want you to put too much into what I have to say, as I've done like 3 missions and my primary goal was checking out how it looked, meaning I may not have been going all Hitman on it. However, you can already see the more confined gameplay compared to the previous games. It definitely feels less free and like you always know where to go - In the other games you could wander around a big ass hotel for an hour, checking out target routes and routines. Now it all seems very OH CUT THE POWER, MOVE INTO THE HOUSE HE'S GUARDING, OHHH A SNIPER RIFLE OUT OF NOWHERE HOW CONVENIENT.

But it's not bad, you get to do all the Hitman stuff of being badass sneaky, hiding bodies, figuring out the best way to get rid of a target without alerting everyone around you etc. but the big freedom aspect has been toned down quite a bit. You can still roam around a level, check out your options and take it slow but that free feeling of wandering around a big location as a 'regular' guy is now replaced with more confined spaces and being a wanted man, so you feel very restrained in your movement.

It's a good game, best looking game this generation without modding, shooting feels great and I love the ragdoll. Lots of atmosphere and sweet kills but just have to come to terms with the new style of play.

So a true Hitman game it isn't, for me. However it's a tight, fun and good looking experience with Hitman elements. Still, it also has some severe 'dumbing down' in terms of boxes and cupboards to hide bodies always seem extremely appropriately placed right next to key guards, stuff like that. In the other games I could be dragging a corpse through an entire compound looking dodgy as hell in an attempt to find a good hiding spot.

Corky

Thanks for the impressions, I really want to try it but my financial situation as of recently prevents me from randomly splurging on games. Maybe a future sale for me.

SMG 1

dolphin2012-11-2219-0k7eav.png

dolphin2012-11-2219-0v5ft8.png

I've asked on Guru3D to no avail but do any of you know how i can get downsmapled resolution to appear in game? I can get my monitor (U2711) to do 3840*2160/2880*1620 @ 30Hz fine in Windows/desktop but the option isn't there in games.

Any ideas?

Blizzard

Banned
Think there might be something funky with your settings still, outlines look a little aliasy. Here it is vanilla maxed out. That or the compression's playing tricks on my eyes

scribble-2012-11-22-0bcycc.jpg
What video card and driver version do you have? I just tried playing with most of the CCC settings for my 5850, but forcing anti-aliasing looks terrible compared to letting the ingame 8xMSAA take over, and choosing supersampling over adaptive AA did not seem to make much of a difference. I feel like my game is still slightly blurrier, especially in the backgrounds, than yours, and the foreground is very slightly aliased more.

MrBig

planetside2-2012-11-2eoqlc.jpg

planetside2-2012-11-2xuqha.jpg

PS2 is just astoundingly beautiful in motion

Last round of pics from me for a while. Wont be able to play PS2 (decently) for a few weeks most likely, and still need to get to AC3 when I get home :(

you people are spoiling all the good AC3 locations. fuck not having context being an excuse, at least have some decency to wait a week before showing stuff not released yet in trailers.

edit: scitek, have my babies

you people are spoiling all the good AC3 locations. fuck not having context being an excuse, at least have some decency to wait a week before showing stuff not released yet in trailers.

edit: scitek, have my babies

Sorry =P, almost every single square foot of Boston and New York looks the same, so boring posting that =(

Hitman Absolution, fuck the haters (edit: aka the reviews), game's not bad! (and even if it was I'd probably play it for the visuals -__-)

hma2012-11-2221-45-58gjkfv.png

hma2012-11-2221-58-4204j8o.png

Shaneus

Man, I fucking love how Mafia 2 eclipses pretty much every fucking game in this thread, save for pCARS and *maybe* Hitman. Quality art direction right there.
No offense intended, but have you done some more tweaking with your settings? That's looking WAY better than a lot of your other shots :)

Anything special about your settings for Mafia 2, scitek? Or just vanilla with some nVidia-only AA that I could only dream of utilising?

dEvAnGeL

Thanks for the impressions, I really want to try it but my financial situation as of recently prevents me from randomly splurging on games. Maybe a future sale for me.

SMG 1

dolphin2012-11-2219-0k7eav.png

dolphin2012-11-2219-0v5ft8.png
corky can you please share what version of the emu you're using and your settings, im new to this and haven't been able to find a good balance for donkey kong or the both galaxy games, thanks

Corky

corky can you please share what version of the emu you're using and your settings, im new to this and haven't been able to find a good balance for donkey kong or the both galaxy games, thanks

Hey, I use the latest ( -831 dirty ) version but ever since reinstalling dolphin I haven't been able to get the ~99% perfect peformance I used to have in the galaxy games... been tweaking and changing settings for the past week but nothing I use works well so I'm guessing I either need to go back to an old revision or that I erroneously remember my smg 1 performance, smg 2 was near flawless. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my settings and configs are useless as the performance isn't perfect, which it HAS to be with smg and LLE otherwise you're just listening to a choppy mess of a soundtrack.

Man, I fucking love how Mafia 2 eclipses pretty much every fucking game in this thread, save for pCARS and *maybe* Hitman. Quality art direction right there.

No offense intended, but have you done some more tweaking with your settings? That's looking WAY better than a lot of your other shots :)

Anything special about your settings for Mafia 2, scitek? Or just vanilla with some nVidia-only AA that I could only dream of utilising?
I'm always tweaking my settings. :) Sometimes I just get tired of one particular look so I mix things up for the sake of variety. There's a combination of other things that help, too - Arenanet fixed the FOV (no longer so tight), plus Nvidia added built-in negative LOD bias for SGSSAA. And then I added lumasharpen on top of that. (I'm also using driver FXAA, but that doesn't show up in screenshots - probably for the better.)

And yeah... Mafia 2 looks insane. Have to admit, though, Sleeping Dogs can get pretty darn close in visual splendor.

Edit: Some Assassin's Creed 3, messing with SweetFX trying to make the game look more interesting. Surprisingly difficult (any increase in vibrancy or saturation just seems to make skin tones go haywire).
Screenshot135107.png

Screenshot80734.png

haikira

Just bought The Walking Dead game today. I really shouldn't have visited this thread.

I'm not super sensitive about spoilers, but shouldn't the image above at least be a link for now? There's probably a couple of people like myself who waited for the full release and i'm guessing that image is from very late on.

Loginius

I usually dont like SweetFX but I really enjoy it in this game.
(my settings are a little dark sometimes but I think it fits the game very well)
Also discovered that the new RadeonPRO is awesome. Finally something with the basic options of nvidea-inspector for us AMD users.

iULB5BQQEaWrb.png

ibvgy96HhSHjxv.png

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Just bought The Walking Dead game today. I really shouldn't have visited this thread.

I'm not super sensitive about spoilers, but shouldn't the image above at least be a link for now? There's probably a couple of people like myself who waited for the full release and i'm guessing that image is from very late on.

This thread is like a PC game spoilers thread.

When a new game is released, it seems to be a race as to who can post the biggest spoilers as fast a possible.
I came to terms with this a long time ago.....I still find myself getting fucked when I pop back in.

I try to wait atleast a week before posting any shots from mid-late into any game thats just been released.

I actually came in here to see if there was any good Hitman shots, left with Walking Dead and Assassins Creed spoilers.
:(

I also thought we could implement a sorta of cool down period for new releases in this thread.
e.g Wait atleast a week before posting true spoilers, and if for some explicit reason spoilers NEED to be posted they should be links, but then again too many rules will fuck up the flow of things.
People get excited when they get new games.

Top Bottom