• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

jaypah

Wow, it's like MS has a marketing budget or something. Can't believe they literally said "Ditch your PS3". So point blank. MS is all over the place.

HYDE

Banned
wouldn't even be worth it if it was a straight trade across, no thanks...PS3 has more compelling software coming than XBox One imo.

Dunlop

http://content.microsoftstore.com/e...84c6b0a5d2acf59ece44491a6#offer-trade-console

ffs it's for 360 or PS3

Get $100 of store credit when you trade in select gaming consoles
Trade up and get your hands on the new Xbox One
Welcome to a new generation of games and entertainment. Where games push the boundaries of realism. And television obeys your every command. Where listening to music while playing a game is a snap. And you can jump from TV to movies to music to a game in an instant. Where your experience is custom tailored to you. And the entertainment you love is all in one place. Welcome to the all-in-one, Xbox One.

For a limited time, bring in your PS3, Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E and receive $100 of Microsoft retail store credit.
Terms and conditions apply.
See store associate for more detail.

Sonys answer just came in:

genbatzuuuuuuu8xu8y.jpg

nah...jk, just my crappy mspaint skills

Hahahahahahha

You deserve a MEMBER tag and not Jr Member. :p

Dunlop

LAME! M$ can do better.

PS3 has so much value plus you can sale it for twice as much if not more.

So you can sell your used PS3 for $200+ I'm totally in on that just tell me where

Also as I just mentioned...the deal is not exclusively for the PS3, the same $100 discount applies if you trade in a 360

dreamfall

genbatzu's response is hilarious! Somebody send it to Yoshida!

I also don't understand why they'd need something like this- it reeks of desperation, but the situation isn't dire. Both consoles seem to be selling well!

TheHater

I can get more at GameStop with the 30% extra they have going on now

PS: That last 24 hours has been really fun on GAF from the leaks to this.

Hmm night hit the MS store. I haven't really touched my PS3 since the PS4 launched. Dat titanfall controller tho.

also, not sure if worth it for dead rising 3 alone...

So you can sell your used PS3 for $200+ I'm totally in on that just tell me where

Also as I just mentioned...the deal is not exclusively for the PS3, the same $100 discount applies if you trade in a 360

I don't think people have a problem with MS offering an exchange for an MS manufactured console.

It's the advertisement that is at question here. Pathetic and desperate sounding to me.

jedimike

The MS hate is strong...

BestBuy did the exact same thing before launch and people were praising the deal but MS does it and it's desperation...

Getting $100 trade-in credit is a good deal when compared to other retailers offering trade-in credit.

Jburton

Banned
The MS hate is strong...

BestBuy did the exact same thing before launch and people were praising the deal but MS does it and it's desperation...

Getting $100 trade-in credit is a good deal when compared to other retailers offering trade-in credit.

3rd part retailer compared to the platform holder .......... simple.

Mr Moose

The MS hate is strong...

You only get full $100 if you buy an Xbox One at the same time.

McLovin

Oh wow now the PS+ games this month makes sense. A bunch of good stuff is coming out and I was wondering why lol. But still, thats not good enough. Give up you're ps3 and get an xbox one for the same price as a ps4. Or keep the ps3 and buy a ps4 for the same amount. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

I think the uphill battle ms will face with this is:

-a lot of mainstream consumers don't upgrade to nextgen as early as we do, and...

-the PS4 is already $400, so...

-trading in their PS3 at GameStop would get them however many bucks off a $400 PS4, meaning they'd be paying less than $400 to upgrade to nextgen, or...

-they could simply keep their PS3 and buy a PS4, only costing them the same $400 as the xbone deal and they wouldn't be sacrificing their old console that still has a ton of software and support.

So I think it's a very small specific number of consumers that this applies to: they want to upgrade to nextgen right now, they want to switch from PS to Xbox or don't care, they're willing to sacrifice a large software library for a relatively small number of exclusives, and the PS4 that's already $400 standard for some reason doesn't appeal to them.

Malreyn

My 60gb PS3 that can run ps1, ps2 and ps3 games is worth more 100 bucks, considering it can still run my nearly 20 year old library of PS games.

Dysun

I wouldn't trade my PS3 for a Bone straight up. No thanks Microsoft, way too much value in PS Plus and my huge backlog to boot

Krakn3Dfx

Roughly what the February PS Plus free PS3 games would cost me to pick up:

Remember Me $30
Metro: Last Light $40
PayDay 2 $30

Yeah, I'm not seeing the deal MS.

Doffen

So salty! Hating on fun? I think you're just taking things too personally. ;)

Some say salty some say ironic.
There is nothing personal for me about a US only promotion for a console yet to be released in my country.
And if I had it my way I would also been in possession of PS4, but when retailers here are charging minimum 4990 NOK (/$805) for it it's just out of the fucking question. While Xbox One import version are being sold for 4490 NOK (/$725).

DrZeus

Ha! Love this gif!

Idk about this deal. PS+ games and backlog vs X1 for $399 with Titanfall on the way?

Hmmmm. Gonna be good/bad relatively to the person. I just got my PS3 fixed and discovered the greatness that is Spelunky. Not even close imo.

Top Bottom