• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Who Isn't Very Nice: Families of Sandy Hook victims can "Go to hell"

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the majority of the American people mourned the deaths of the victims of the tragedy in Newtown, CT, many in the conservative media aren't so sympathetic.

According to citypages.com, conservative radio show host, Bob Davis, went on a lengthy rant about the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings and ended his comments by saying they can "go to hell."

Davis: And here's the other thing that drives me crazy. They trot out the victims. And I have something I want to say to the victims of Newtown, or any other shooting. I don't care if it's here in Minneapolis or anyplace else. Just because a bad thing happened to you doesn't mean that you get to put a king in charge of my life. I'm sorry that you suffered a tragedy, but you know what? Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss. I'm sick and tired of seeing these victims trotted out, given rides on Air Force One, hauled into the Senate well, and everyone is just afraid -- they're terrified of these victims.

Emmer: Well they're being used -- they're being used...

Davis: I would stand in front of them and tell them, 'go to hell.'

Co-host Tom Emmer, also referred to the family members as "pawns" who were being used as part of a "political charade."

The argument over gun rights and gun laws is and will continue to be one of the most controversial and hotly debated topics in American politics. Though many Americans are often divided on where to draw the line, comments made by Bob Davis, and agreed by his co-host Tom Emmer, are nothing short of disgusting and disrespectful. The "Davis and Emmer" show received many e-mails from listeners who were offended.

Citypages.com also noted that co-host, Tom Emmer, came within 9,000 votes from being governor of Minneapolis nearly three years ago.

Link

....I have no words. NO words.

DarkKyo

Conservatives are by and large disgusting parasites.

I own a gun, but some people like this piece of shit have an unhealthy sexual attachment to theirs.

It's how they compensate for having no conscience. Makes for a sad, scary person.

The irony being that people like Davis would have no problems with Arab-Americans giving up liberties to make them feel more secure.

Oppo

So he's using his ability to say what he wants, in order to scream about a loss of liberty, caused by other people saying what they want?

Darklord

Banned
don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss.

A gun is worth more than a child's life? Wow, what the fuck is wrong with Americans and their gun nuts? It's like some sort of twisted sexual fetish for them.

ieFCOUDkd6UWg.gif

Piece of shit.

i-Lo

Why don't we let people like this face the same situation as those he objects to so that they can understand the magnitude of crassness of their point of view?

Dude Abides

Banned
Par for the course. Hardcore movement conservatives are the spoiled petulant children of American politics. Their backlash was successful in the 70s and 80s, and now they're trying it again.

I'm read the Bold and I'm confused. Is he referring to the Boston incident? Also what happened that took away his liberty? Some law change or something?

Order

Fuck him. We shouldn't even pay attention to this bitch so he can live his sad life without the one thing he wants: attention

Averon

Not surprised at all. The rightwing have a severe lack of empathy. If it doesn't happen to them, it doesn't matter/it's a liberal fabrication/it doesn't exist.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A gun is worth more than a child's life? Wow, what the fuck is wrong with Americans and their gun nuts? It's like some sort of twisted sexual fetish for them.

Are you British? Because if you are, you're part of the problem. You guys could invade us any day now, and if our rural citizens don't have 30 round clips, then we'll all be having tea and crumpets in a British slave colony this time next year. Instead of coming in here and judging us, maybe you should go learn a book. Start with Red Dawn. There is also a movie of it.

I don't think it's possible for me to be shocked by what is said by any Conservative talk radio host at this point. I'm sure his listeners loved it.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm read the Bold and I'm confused. Is he referring to the Boston incident? Also what happened that took away his liberty? Some law change or something?

The Sandy Hook shootings, and he's referring to the concept of background checks(which are already required at gun shops) being required at gun shows also. Minor inconvenience that only helps legitimize gun ownership and shut off another avenue for criminals to get guns.

That counts as taking away his liberties.....

In a very basic (philosophical) way he's not entirely wrong though in that security comes at the price of freedom. The question is obviously where we draw the line.

But blaming the victims for their (completely legitimate) opinions/feelings? Telling them to "go to hell"? Completely despicable.

Yes, exactly. But we live in a 21st century modern industrialized largely urban society. There are 30,000 gun deaths a year. ~90% of the population has decided that stricter gun background checking (with no additional bans at all) would be prudent move. Yet these lug-heads can't handle it and thus lash out at the existence of inconvenient dead children.

"Deal with it"

It's almost like he doesn't know that they lost their children.
Perhaps there is some sense in it; maybe his lack of empathy can be directly attributed to congenital sterility or impotence... you don`t want people like this procreating, anyway...

I admit I`m frequently flabbergast by the unconscionable crap that`s permitted to be broadcast in the United States.

Monocle

Are you British? Because if you are, you're part of the problem. You guys could invade us any day now, and if our rural citizens don't have 30 round clips, then we'll all be having tea and crumpets in a British slave colony this time next year. Instead of coming in here and judging us, maybe you should go learn a book. Start with Red Dawn. There is also a movie of it.
Personally I interpret every dropped r as a threat. If they can butcher our language so easily, what's to stop them from butchering the people who still speak it properly?

BFIB

Oh, don't worry guys, his apology remark is coming soon. Actually, I'll type it out so he can just copy mine:

"As for my comments yesterday, I would like to send my deepest apologies to the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Obviously tempers have been running high between both parties, and some of my personal beliefs took charge over what is acceptable behavior. I have nothing but respect for any individual that lost a child in that tragedy."

Apology? Check
Blame the parties for the reason? Check
Still stand by your beliefs? Check

Yep, just copy and paste asshole.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh, don't worry guys, his apology remark is coming soon. Actually, I'll type it out so he can just copy mine:

"As for my comments yesterday, I would like to send my deepest apologies to the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Obviously tempers have been running high between both parties, and some of my personal beliefs took charge over what is acceptable behavior. I have nothing but respect for any individual that lost a child in that tragedy."

Apology? Check
Blame the parties for the reason? Check
Still stand by your beliefs? Check

Yep, just copy and paste asshole.

Nah, too much admission of guilt. If there is an apology it'll be "I'm sorry people took offense to my comments". Lay the blame on the listener, not the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom