• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

LiK

Vinterbird said:
Dev diary for those interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzKMQHBbQI

Credit to zoibie for uploading to YouTube.

(could a mod lock my thread, seems like this will be the place for discussion of the screens - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430025)

From the mega thread

kazuma_pt said:
don't know if it's old or not, but i just stumbled across these(in here):
islP5.jpg

HODSD.jpg

Qn4m5.jpg

GzRhm.jpg

Where mah planes?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Cool, I don't mind they copied the Warthog, it's just an incredibly fun vehicle and it deserves to be in more games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The clouds look 'skybox' quality - if they're actually volumetric clouds you can fly through, then :) :) :)

(If not - wtf, flying through clouds was so awesome in Warhawk. I assume you can though, but they look like a HUGE improvement technically over Warhawk's so I kind of wonder...)

StuBurns

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Looks like Transformers meets Halo.
Pretty much, with maybe a little Too Human thrown in.

It looks kind of cool, but not what I was hoping. We'll see, I'm hoping it's first person still.

BeeDog

Dunno what to think of these screenshots, but it looks like some kind of Red Faction bastard. Wanna see it in motion first. Anyway, did someone manage to save the IGN Dev Diary video?

Zoibie

Thinking about it, the mech-hawk makes quite a bit of sense. No more noob in a hawk only killing guys on the ground.

Suzzopher said:
So the "not what you expected" was, the game isn't set in space?

Even though I had cut my hype in half, due to it being ridiculously high. . .I was at least expecting flying shit and space battles.

I think we should maybe wait for more than 4 screenshots before saying not what i expected, eh?

looks cool, color me interested.

Xater

Suzzopher said:
So the "not what you expected" was, the game isn't set in space?

I don't know. I expected alien worlds so it looks to me I was right. Just being in space would mean only spaceships and that's not the whole Warhawk experience.

And boy do I hope I am right about the mechs transforming into planes. That would be the most awesome thing ever.

Dammit, this was not what I was expeting. I was hoping for Warhawk's style with a nice visual upgrade but the art style remained the same.

Suzzopher

That could just be a looking out the moon shot. You know, like how Luke looks out at the moons in Star Wars?

Hope I'm wrong.

feel

I'm liking the less goofy on foot stuff. But all that matters is if I can climb at crazy speed and get inside those clouds in the background.

Not loving that it seems they went with this popular "look" or color palette. The first one had its own visual style that I really enjoyed.

Suzzopher

Woah, not hating. I'm fucking hyped. I was just using the "not what you expected" quote and putting it into context.

You guys pounce fast.

GeoramA said:
Only the ground pics leaked? Lame.
I'm starting to think there won't be any space battles... and that Starhawk is just Warhawk on several planets between different species (which would explain the bright desert-like environment shown in the dev diary).

I'm looking forward to big spacescape skyboxes. I love huge planets and moons and nebulae and shit.

I don't know what to think yet. These shots barely show anything. I need to see the air game.

Top Bottom