• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

woke up this morning and radio station was talking about the lines for the 4S here in the city. One of the guys they interviewed said he likes the lines because the people share a common interest and you can make “200 new friends”.

I wonder if this guy is actually going around and talking to all the folks in line, asking for their Ping info...

LegoDad

LCfiner said:
woke up this morning and radio station was talking about the lines for the 4S here in the city. One of the guys they interviewed said he likes the lines because the people share a common interest and you can make “200 new friends”.

I wonder if this guy is actually going around and talking to all the folks in line, asking for their Ping info...
Lol Ping!

Appleman

Just got an email from Rogers... apparently my phone has shipped to the retail store, and it should be available for pickup by the end of the day! I was getting worried...

For any who're interested, it's a white 64GB and I was 95th in line at time of order, status changed to "In Progress" on Monday or Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
caliblue15 said:
So much for camping out, show up at 4:30am and no one in line... 3 hours left sittin in my car...
Ha! This is just what happened to me, except on PST. I actually dropped by at 12am, but no one was here. Well, 4:51am now outside the Verizon shop at the local mall, and still no one here! I think I'll just chill in my car until 7:00am or until other people start showing up.

LegoDad

Zefah said:
Ha! This is just what happened to me, except on PST. I actually dropped by at 12am, but no one was here. Well, 4:51am now outside the Verizon shop at the local mall, and still no one here! I think I'll just chill in my car until 7:00am or until other people start showing up.
Exactly what I did. 7am and now standing in line, 2nd, let the people sleeping in car take 1st like they should.

Called UPS. She wasn't sure if it would get here today.

TimeKillr, I'm fairly positive yours will arrive monday since you are in montreal.

I live an hour from mount hope and she said it still had one more stop in conchord ontario which is about 15 minutes from my house and then it goes on the ups truck for delivery. If that wasn't done by around 8am (now) then I'll be getting it monday as well.

Said to call back in a few hours because I may be able to pick it up at the UPS warehouse after 3pm today!

TimeKillr

criesofthepast said:
OUR PHONES ARE TOUCHING!! I'm going to be pissed if this doesnt come here today. I live one hour from mount hope. Had to google where that was. lol It's basically Hamilton.

No estimated arrival yet. The monday arrival from before is gone.

I think what's more likely to happen is that they'll get redirected today to whatever center they need to go, then we'll get em monday...

Sigh.

**edit**
criesofthepast said:
Called UPS. She wasn't sure if it would get here today.

TimeKillr, I'm fairly positive yours will arrive monday since you are in montreal.

I live an hour from mount hope and she said it still had one more stop in conchord ontario which is about 15 minutes from my house and then it goes on the ups truck for delivery. If that wasn't done by around 8am (now) then I'll be getting it monday as well.

Said to call back in a few hours because I may be able to pick it up at the UPS warehouse after 3pm today!

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Typically Concord -> MTL is a day... Oh well. I'll just take monday off or something to make sure I'm home. This is the very first time I've seen something go from Louisville to anywhere else but Montreal, but hey.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
LCfiner said:

There is something cool about waiting in line with people who are equally parts as crazy as you are and have a somewhat common interest.

...but I wouldn't go as far as saying "Friends". There is a certain level of temporary friendship that is formed, though. I spent 12 hours last iPhone launch with the same group of people. You're gonna talk. :lol

Kunohara

Appleman said:
Just got an email from Rogers... apparently my phone has shipped to the retail store, and it should be available for pickup by the end of the day! I was getting worried...

For any who're interested, it's a white 64GB and I was 95th in line at time of order, status changed to "In Progress" on Monday or Tuesday.

Mine changed to in progress yesterday actually. I really hope I can pick mine up today, but considering your status changed on Monday, I'm not so sure.

Dynoro

killerpenguin said:
My girlfriend just walked into the O2 store at lunch and got one without any issues.

Not jealous at all...

:(
My local store sold out of the 64GB (the one I'm after) in both white and black in about an hour. I'm rather displeased with O2 at present

Dany

Banned
Which sizes are you guys getting? I have a 16gb 4 and having to constantly fiddle with the settings is annoying. I might get the 64 gb. Family events usually cal for me to be the camera bearer so might as well.

TommyT

Mesquite, TX, United States 10/14/2011 5:16 A.M. Out For Delivery

Will be fun waiting at work until it's received at my apartment. I think I'll be taking a late lunch! Might get sick afterwards...

Dany M said:
Which sizes are you guys getting? I have a 16gb 4 and having to constantly fiddle with the settings is annoying. I might get the 64 gb. Family events usually cal for me to be the camera bearer so might as well.

I'm getting 16. I really don't think I'll have a need beyond that. However, I do have 2 more upgrades available on the account if I want to go bigger... and I've never had an iPhone before :\. So we'll see.

RubxQub

I've got FedEx and UPS coming to the house. Who's gonna win?! WHO'S GONNA WIN?!

I'm going to be so pissed if my wife's phone gets here before mine :lol

KingDizzi

Banned
Right ordered myself a white 16GB, going with T-Mobile rather than O2. They said it might take up to 30 days which I could not care less about, what I care about is the colour. For those that have a white iPhone 4 or 4S, it's a pretty little bitch right?

Dany

Banned
RubxQub said:
I've got FedEx and UPS coming to the house. Who's gonna win?! WHO'S GONNA WIN?!

I'm going to be so pissed if my wife's phone gets here before mine :lol

I've ordered enough crap through amazon to know when. UPS is 3-5 while Fedex is 11-2 for me.

RubxQub

Dany M said:
I've ordered enough crap through amazon to know when. UPS is 3-5 while Fedex is 11-2 for me.
NOOOOOOOO

Eric WK

RubxQub said:
NOOOOOOOO

I ordered at 3:10 AM through Verizon - they shipped UPS which means my phone should be here, oh around 6 PM tonight.

My buddy only preordered because I kept telling him he should, so he preordered at around 7 PM last Friday through Apple - they shipped FedEx which means his phone will be here by noon.

<--- Not happy.

Woo! It's out for delivery! It's on a FedEx truck in my town, but the site says it's scheduled to be delivered "By 3:00pm", which means it'll probably be here at about 7pm.

daegan

Would have mine by now but setting up Sprint in the Apple Store has been an ordeal. This poor girl has been helping me for an hour...Sprint needs to fix their shit.

SuperPac

AlphaTwo00 said:
Got mines, walked out in 30 minutes.

Can't quite use it yet cause their machine to transfer sim didn't have it set for 4s yet.

FWIW and maybe it's different outside the US, I have never had to transfer a SIM with an iPhone and I've upgraded to every new model. Your old SIM just gets deactivated as your new SIM is associated with your number.

Blackhead

Redarse
Vik_Vaughn said:
Mine's on the truck. Out for delivery. It seems rational to drive around town trying to find the FedEx guy, right?
You wouldn't be the only one. The only problem I forsee is that your competition is wearing ski masks and packing machine guns. Good luck

ToD_

Alright, it's out for delivery. I'm leaving work at 1pm which should get me home just before 2pm.. I better not miss this thing!

Shiv47

Huh, mine is out for delivery from FedEx, and while my wife is at home to sign for it, it also happens that my boss is out today and I could just leave and work at home instead...

<begins shutting down laptop>

RubxQub

Tucah said:
UPS just delivered mine (and they never come until 5PM!). Can't wait to play around with this thing.
HOPE RISING! COME ON UPS!

ToD_

Tucah said:
UPS just delivered mine (and they never come until 5PM!). Can't wait to play around with this thing.
This worries me!! UPS never shows up that early, and I won't be home until ~2pm.

Was 3rd in line at 2AM. Got mine at 8:01. :D

zt0PJl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom