• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
wow.

Kave_Man
image.php

Heartbreaking? YOU BET

kassatsu

Banned
Pens in 6
Habs in 7
Rangers in 6
Bruins in 4

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 5
Canucks in 6
Kings in 7

5/8, got the Pens correct. All that matters

Pens in 5
Bruins in 6

Hawks in 6
Sharks in 7

Also Sens-age, who is down for an avatar bet?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, GG Caps-GAF. It's never easy facing you guys, and it took some legendary goaltending in order to get by this one.

Ovechkin might get some flack for not scoring in this series after game 1, but man did he come to play. He did everything he could and was a real handful. This wasn't shitty early season Ovechkin (hilarious backchecking gif aside), he was playing his ass off for most of the series and just couldn't get it done thanks to McDonagh, Girardi, and Lundqvist.

Gonna be fun to have you guys as divisional rivals once again next year.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sens in 7
Bruins in 6
Hawks in 5
Sharks in 5

Anyway, GG Caps-GAF. It's never easy facing you guys, and it took some legendary goaltending in order to get by this one.

Ovechkin might get some flack for not scoring in this series after game 1, but man did he come to play. He did everything he could and was a real handful. This wasn't shitty early season Ovechkin (hilarious backchecking gif aside), he was playing his ass off for most of the series and just couldn't get it done thanks to McDonagh, Girardi, and Lundqvist.

Gonna be fun to have you guys as divisional rivals once again next year.

ovi.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sens in 7
Bruins in 6
Hawks in 5
Sharks in 5

ovi.gif

Like I said, that gif aside. :D I don't know what happened to Ovie in that game, because it's not how he played the entire rest of the series, and especially not tonight.

Although it was nice that tonight he was more concerned with trying to hit things and being an emotional spark than he was with being focused on getting one past Lundqvist.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Not surprised the biggest douches are the guys hanging onto the tailpipe of the Pens bandwagon.

Go Sens, Bruins, Sharks, and Hawks.

Smash88

Banned
iboI8LAM5PEEIT.gif

HURR DERR SALTY SALTY HURRR PENGUINS PENS HURR DURR COOKE HURRR SALT SALT HURR DERRR

HODOR

Did you see the past thread? The amount of shit I took, when I called the Bruins winning. Leafs fans ragging on me, telling me to go fuck myself with a sandpaper dildo, etc...

You think they wouldn't do the same if the Pens lost to NYI? Come on the Pens hate on Hockey-GAF is high. I would expect the same. Especially since they still think I'm a "bandwagoner".

Am I going overboard? Slightly.

Would Leaf fans do the same? Yes.

You take the good and the bad. They deserve it right now.

Stay salty friend. :)

I like your Game of Thrones reference though. :D

Also:

ibcqHIzeJLmcGa.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Did you see the past thread? The amount of shit I took, when I called the Bruins winning. Leafs fans ragging on me, telling me to go fuck myself with a sandpaper dildo, etc...

You think they wouldn't do the same if the Pens lost to NYI? Come on the Pens hate on Hockey-GAF is high. I would expect the same. Especially since they still think I'm a "bandwagoner".

Am I going overboard? Slightly.

Would Leaf fans do the same? Yes.

You take the good and the bad. They deserve it right now.

Stay salty friend. :)

I like your Game of Thrones reference though. :D

Also:

ibcqHIzeJLmcGa.gif

iQsnAfNpaXbxx.gif

How about you eat my shit.

Acid08

Banned
Welp, this cements it for me.

i7kjlvneLM7kp.gif
Quick :(

And looks like we're getting more support from y'all this round than last. For the good of the league we must prevail.

And just to add a thought: the Caps are fucking pathetic. Holy shit.

Also the podcast link in the OP is just the picture without the site linked to it?

Smash88

Banned
This isnt a fun salt kind of thing.

More like "Add to ignore" kind of thing.

Damn. Can't even talk shit in a sports thread, like you know we all do.

You gotta bring out the ignore list. That hurts man.

Go ahead, maybe you'll learn to take a joke and friendly banter one day.

Smash88 single handedly on par with posting the same volume of bullshit Habs gaf posted before and during their series.

Yeah, because ragging on another team is bullshit. Got it. Keep it up.

EDIT: Holy salt Batman. Didn't know there were this many Leaf sympathizers and people who can't take it.

Smash, I gave you a shout out in this week's podcast.

Hope it's okay as an anniversary gift.

The one week anniversary of Pens Bandwagoners starting to shit up this thread

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cake Boss putting people on ignore? I thought you would be the last person to resort to that

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aaaand I'm finally home. Fucking LOOOOOL.

I need to watch the 3rd period and OT right about now, can't believe I missed all that.

Also fucking LOL again at us breaking 20k after the first round already. I'm not sure I want to read up on all those pages (20ish?) of just tonight, but I kind of want to see the epicness.

Anyone mind giving me a TL;DR of the last... 20 pages?

I need to watch the 3rd period and OT right about now, can't believe I missed all that.

Also fucking LOL again at us breaking 20k after the first round already. I'm not sure I want to read up on all those pages (20ish?) of just tonight, but I kind of want to see the epicness.

Sadness.

So much sadness.

Kave_Man's new avatar (no joke...)

image.php

:(

Smash88

Banned

Trust me you need to go through it. It was a crazy game.

Leaf fans were having heart attacks, while also getting cocky that they had this one in the bag. Bruin fans pretty much gave up hope at 4-1. Once 4-2 hit a lot of people started saying, "here comes the collapse". 4-3 and 4-4 happened so fast (once Boston tied it with 50 seconds remaining in the third period a lot of meltdown and swearing happened), a lot of sadness all around from the Leaf userbase, with some slight hope they might get it in OT.

Bruin fans started to chirp again with happiness and hope.

Once Boston scored and won, well that's when you really need to go see the thread for yourself.

The tears start at post #19848.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549208&page=199

Top Bottom