• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
New (unique) codes are out if you filled out a survey:

Origin continues to win.

iC3tx.png

guess those salty dudes on the EA forums will also be pleased. well, except the ones who were crying for other people's games to be deleted.

-------

New code incoming, will not be exploitable (maybe, lol)

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9047546.page

Hi everyone,

Last week, we emailed some Origin users in North America asking them to participate in an online survey, and offered a promo code for $20 off their next Origin purchase in return for completing the survey. Unfortunately, due to some misuses of the promo code, we had to discontinue its use early before its stated expiration date.

We wanted to clear up the confusion: all users that completed the survey will receive an email soon (in the next 1-2 days) which will contain a new code for $20 off a purchase of any EA game on Origin priced $19.99 or above.

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.

-----

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/9040620.page#25426225

Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston

Sam hopes you enjoy your games. Have fun guys!

LvqyV.png

(pic credit to alr1ght)

------------------------------------------------------------

Works with SD exclusive sale too apparently: http://slickdeals.net/f/5316094-Slickdeals-Exclusive-60-off-of-85-different-games

Code: OS3874XVC

THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES. VALID IN U.S. AND CANADA. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.

I got NFS Hot Pursuit for free. Have fun

Cool. 'Bought' like 3 C&C games.. cause, why not?

I actually had everything else I would have wanted, strangely enough.

alazz

So that code is for $20 off a purchase with regular price of $19.99 or more and therefore doesn't conflict with the SD sale price?

I think all origin people get that code. I just got one for taking a 5 question survey for them. Took 30 seconds.

Yeah, I got the same thing about an hour ago. Still deciding what to use it on. At least I got quite a few days to figure it out.

I didn't know that everyone got the exact same code, though. Hah.

SlickVic

Nothing in that SlickDeals list I've been dying to play that I haven't already bought, but don't mind a free game. Thanks OP.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
It doesn't look like the Slickdeals promo and this code actually work together. Using the code will take $20 off the original price, but it only offers the lower of the two deals. I tried it with Amalur, but it kept offering me the $16 price. Using it on the Origin client with the base price brought it down to $19.99, so I know the code works with it. I thought I was about to get it for free, but oh well.

Still, this is freaking sweet. Thanks. There has to be some game on there that I know I both don't have and can run on my laptop.

Leaning towards Bullet Storm. Any other games I should be aware of first? And how are some of you getting more than one? Isn't it a one time offer?

CaLe

Tried with ME 3 both from the client and the site, the code didn't get applied... Anyone else had any luck ?

Tenck

Hmm game doesn't show up on my account. Even updated Origin to check it out.

Wonder if they caught on to this already.

You know...the title of the thread says "PC," but I don't see anything that says otherwise. At least not when I get it from that survey. It does mention it on that link that it's PC only, though. Can anyone confirm? If it's PC digital only, then I guess I'll just get something for that.

LQX

Have a total of $28 and that code did not work for me. Are you dudes using the client or site?

You know...the title of the thread says "PC," but I don't see anything that says otherwise. At least not when I get it from that survey. It does mention it on that link that it's PC only, though. Can anyone confirm? If it's PC digital only, then I guess I'll just get something for that.
I tried using it on Dead Space 2 for 360 earlier but it didn't work.

Have a total of $28 and that code did not work for me. Are you dudes using the client or site?
I used the site.

Top Bottom