• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Awards 2013

El-Suave

Haven't seen these posted yet:

Game of Gamescom:
Destiny (Activision Blizzard Deutschland GmbH)

Best Console Game Sony Playstation:

Best Console Game Nintendo WII:
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Europe GmbH)

Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox:
Titanfall (Electronic Arts)

Best Next Generation Console Game:

Best Action Game:

Best Role Playing Game:
The Elder Scrolls Online (ZeniMax Germany GmbH)

Best Racing Game:
Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft Ltd)

Best Sports Game:
FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)

Best Simulation Game:
WarThunder (Gaijin Entertainment)

Best Family Game:

Best Hardware incl. Peripheral:
PlayStation4 (Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland GmbH)

Best Mobile Game:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo Europe GmbH)

Best Online Multiplayer Game:

Best PC Game:
Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts)

Best Social/Casual/Online Game:

http://www.gamescom.de/de/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_d&format=html&base=&tp=k3content&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1377367356&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d

http://www.gamescom.de/de/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_d&format=html&base=&tp=k3content&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1377434851&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d

Poor Ubisoft...

oti

Banned
I saw Titanfall, I don't get all the hype. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I just don't see what's amazing about it either.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
How can Titanfall be the best next gen game but Destiny be the best action game?

So strange to me, wouldn't it be both? I hate awards.

TheHater

Haven't seen these posted yet:

Best Console Game Sony Playstation:

Best Console Game Nintendo WII:

Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox:

Best Action Game:

Best Role Playing Game:

Best Racing Game:
Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft Ltd)

Best Sports Game:
FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)

Best Simulation Game:
WarThunder (Gaijin Entertainment)

Best Family Game:

Best Hardware incl. Peripheral:
PlayStation4 (Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland GmbH)

Best Mobile Game:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo Europe GmbH)

Best Online Multiplayer Game:

Best PC Game:

Best Social/Casual/Online Game:
http://www.gamescom.de/de/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_d&format=html&base=&tp=k3content&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1377367356&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d

Poor Ubisoft...

Can someone explain. How can TitanFall win best next gen console game but Destiny win Best Online Multiplayer Game and BF4 win best PC game? Isn't TitalFall pretty much just an online multiplayer game?

Ugh... can't wait for this forced hype train to stop.

It's not even a next generation game, it's cross gen, AND PC, which makes this:

Best PC Game:

Even more stupid.

oti

Banned
OP, you forgot game of gamescom, which is Destiny. (Weird, right?)

* Weltweit größte Messe für Computer- und Videospiele zeigte Entertainment und Business in einer neuen Dimension
* Mehr als 635 Aussteller aus 40 Ländern präsentierten 400 Weltpremieren, darunter erstmalig in der Geschichte zwei neue Konsolen - PlayStation 4 und Xbox One
* Besucherzahlen um 23 % gestiegen, Besucher und Unternehmen aus 88 Ländern der Welt, Besuchertickets waren komplett ausverkauft
* Das beste Spiel der gamescom 2013 ("Best of gamescom" award): Destiny von Activision Blizzard
* 140.000 Quadratmeter gamescom-Ausstellungsfläche ausgebucht
* 6.000 Journalisten (+15 %) aus 61 Ländern berichteten aus Köln

http://www.gamescom.de/de/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_d&format=html&base=&tp=k3content&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1377434851&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d

Eh, I don't really understand why Titanfall is as big as it's becoming. Sure, it looks good, but it consistently wipes the floor with the game show awards. I'd say Division, Infamous, Destiny and Killzone look just as good if not better.

I honestly feel like I'm missing something when it comes to Titanfall, but every time I watch something about it, I do not get the hype and I have no idea why it's running away with awards left, right and centre.

Hiltz

Destiny looks cool, but since when is it categorized as an action game? It's an FPS. It feels like Platinum Games' Bayonetta 2/ Wonderful 101 just got robbed.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Eh, I don't really understand why Titanfall is as big as it's becoming. Sure, it looks good, but it consistently wipes the floor with the game show awards. I'd say Division, Infamous, Destiny and Killzone look just as good if not better.

Guessing it's something you gotta play to understand, I felt the same way way back when the hype train was going for CoD4. Finally played the beta and I understood.

thuway

I really thought Drive Club looked better than Forza. There are also no nominations for Killzone in terms of graphics.

Wait edit: Destiny is best PS4 title? OK...

TheHater

Would you rather one game win all the awards?
No, it just seems they are giving TitalFall an award it shouldn't have consider it on the PC and lost best PC game to BF. It's a MP game and lost best MP game to Destiny. If anything, it should be either BF or Destiny that should have won Game of Show base on the fact that both game beat TitalFall for being the best in those categories .

Also TitanFall is on PC but Battlefield 3 won best PC game, but BF3 lost best console agains't Titanfall?
That shit makes no sense.

Sez

No, it just seems they are giving TitalFall an award it shouldn't have consider it on the PC and lost best PC game to BF. It's a MP game and lost best MP game to Destiny. If anything, it should be either BF or Destiny that should have won Game of Show base on the fact that both game beat TitalFall for being the best in those categories .

That shit makes no sense.

And TitanFall is an Online game ONLY, and still lost agains't Destiny for best online game? and if Destiny online is better than TF, then what is better in TF? the non-existant campaign?

Edit: I didn't liked the Titanfall praise on the E3 awards, but at least those awards made sense.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They named "Best of Gamescom" after the show's over, which must have been after my link source. I can't find that news on the Gamescom website. Will add of course, do you have an url?
If you click your link you can read it as part of the bolded section.

TheHater

And TitanFall is an Online game ONLY, and still lost agains't Destiny for best online game? and if Destiny online is better than TF, then what is better in TF? the non-existant campaign?
I'm not too sure to be honest regarding TitalFall being online only.
but yeah, these awards are confusing as hell.

oti

Banned
They named "Best of Gamescom" after the show's over, which must have been after my link source. I can't find that news on the Gamescom website. Will add of course, do you have an url?

It's the link I already posted. http://www.gamescom.de/de/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_d&format=html&base=&tp=k3content&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1377434851&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=d

It's really well hidden. Look at the forth star. There it is.

Alienous

Call of Duty deserved and received nothing.

Don't see why Destiny is in the Playstation game slot. Killzone should have been there, but maybe it had a bigger reveal too late.

Top Bottom