• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PC port locked to 720p, no gfx options (nm, Durante fixed it)

The original state of the game was pretty bad, but things are better now. Read this to minimize the game's instability issues and maximize your enjoyment!

FIXES:

ENHANCEMENTS:

In addition to this thread it's always wise to take a look at the game's Steam forums if you are looking for help with an issue you experience: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/

============================================================
ORIGINAL POST:

Buyers beware: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/0/792924952946860943/

Gamersgate version is unlocked and according to the ppl who got the game from there, there are no PC options at all not even the Resolution can be changed its locked at 720p.

Yep, framerate is good but the resolution is locked at 1280x720. I checked the .ini files and there are no resolution options...

Japanese devs strike again. whyyy

Durante pls

It's not Deadly Premonition if it doesn't have huge technical flaws, but stlil...

iW81iuSDXS0oW.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
Would higher resolutions make a big difference to this? It wasn't exactly a pretty game, IIRC.

Hilarious I had the feeling this would happen. There is really no excuse to have a fixed 3D rendering resolution on PC as Durante showed with Dark Souls PC.

Do they program on 720p monitor over there or what

Arthea

I wasn't expecting that.
Resolution aside, I'm more interested does it run any better than on PS3, but it's probably to early to ask.

Saty

For a Japanese developer's first effort on the platform, i'm less bothered with that. Would you rather no game at all? And it's a learning experience for them. Look how good the PC version of Dark Souls 2 is shaping to be.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Uhh, you guys realize this is Deadly Premonition, right? Did you expect something technically competent? This is part of the experience. :p

For a Japanese developer's first effort on the platform, i'm less bothered with that. Would you rather no game at all? And it's a learning experience for them. Look how good the PC version of Dark Souls 2 is shaping to be.

Was there any news on that at all except for "yo, this time actual 1080p and 60 fps"

FuKuy

Meanwhile there are still many other proper PC games on Greenlight waiting for approval. Life is unfair.

Raytow

You know what is funny, everybody goes "oh japanese developers" but forget that freaking Capcom made three of the best console ports with DMC4, RE5 and RE6, this is just laziness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This is exactly how the Dark Souls thread began before people started throwing around "entitled" like a frisbee. Creating an option that adjusts a game's internal rendering resolution is a very trivial thing and there's simply no excuse for it missing in a game powered by a 3D renderer.

I'm putting my account on the line if there isn't a 4K, 60fps, hi res fix by some modder day 1. This news is unworthy of the outrage.

Honey Bunny

I'm overjoyed!

I had no idea Deadly Premonition was coming to pc. Fantastic. Though, I'm not sure how I'd feel playing it at a super high res with tons of AA or whatever. It's supposed to be an ugly game.
Keep faith, considering the dev history, and without judging the game itself, I'm fairly confident it will still be ugly ;-)
Thank you for the reassurance. I do hope they deliver a terrible port.

As much as being a broken piece of shit is part of the Deadly Premonition experience, that's not really how PC games work. Graphics and resolution options are standard; there's no not doing that.

Well, at least the framerate is okay. Honestly, I'm not super bothered since Dark Souls PC started out worse and was still modded to a nice level. However, I really don't see why developers don't put in the effort for this. Things like resolution changes and that seem really basic.

Corto

They'll fix it. They just uploaded the Xbox One version. Honest mistake.
Durante, please save us!

Top Bottom