• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What has President Trump accomplished so far? (Objective answers please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoGip

eAz4ZPe.jpg

Its very easy to only see all of his failures, especially if you only read from left leaning sources, so im wondering if there was anything I missed.

Has Trump objectively succeeded in fulfilling any promises? It seriously seems like hes failed on half, and not even tried with the other half.

I am trying to take a neutral stance and genuinely see if he has actually done anything at all? The best I can think of is trading tax cuts for some jobs?..

EDIT:
Credit sazzy post #3
https://trumptracker.github.io/

RhzwFJa.png

Edit 2:

I guess even much of the above either didn't really happen or was in motion prior to him becoming pres.

The SC one confuses me. Is appointing a justice really something to take as an accomplishment when it's procedure? (Even if a stolen seat)

RPGCrazied

Nothing? Travel ban? Failed twice. Healthcare? Failed, and on its way to failing again. Firing off bombs like a lunatic isn't helping matters. And now he is trying to do healthcare again next week. Oh yeah, don't forget disgracing world leaders. He has done one thing really well though and that is playing golf.

He really is incompetent.

Mesoian

I mean, he put a giant shunt in American tourism and made immigration a lot more frustrating and dangerous.

That's...kind of it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The SC one confuses me. Is appointing a justice really something to take as an accomplishment when it's procedure? (Even if a stolen seat)

Well Obama couldn't do it in a years time...

/s (because these type of threads seem to need clarification)

Kurdel

Banned
Funny how the snake oil salesman can lower expectations now, after promising the most transformative first 100 days.

Trump said:
"On Nov. 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities and honesty to our government," Trump said in an October speech in Gettysburg, Pa. "This is my pledge to you. And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people. And importantly, we will make America great again. Believe me."

And here he is, threatening to make the country less safe by cutting federal funding to police departments in sanctuary cities.

I know youre looking for only serious objective answers so I will submit this:

He has probably forced a mass education of citizens on how to vote / protest / remove him. He has also destabilized the world and made a lot of people laugh.

Wilsongt

Rolling back Obama era pollution control
Stripping federal LGBT contract workers of protections
Placing unqualified individuals as heads of office
Forced a heightened since of security in Southeast Asia

RPGCrazied

Also said he would defeat ISIS in 30 days, and have a cyber security plan in 90 days. Its day 91, failed both of those.

Ridiculous standard of 100 days? lolol BUT ITS SO EASY!

Even a dumbass can do it!

But yes, SCOTUS is the accomplishment. Even though that was a bit of a shitshow and took the GOP having to throw out established rules.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
He's done a good job enriching his organization and his friends. He's a terrible president, but he's doing a hell of a job grifting.

Also: trumptax.me.

zeemumu

He repealed a bunch of legislation from the Obama Administration. Whether that's good or bad is up to you but he did do it.

RPGCrazied

How's the Supreme Court pick a win? They broke the rules on that. They had no where near 60 votes. They just shoved him through breaking rules. Bravo?

Stopdoor

this should be helpful; there are several more websites tracking the same.

https://trumptracker.github.io

Some of the failed promises here are pretty lol-worthy. You think you've heard every stupid thing about him, and then...

"Culture: Broken If I become president, we're all going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' again."

"Immigration: Broken Deport "criminal illegal immigrants" within one hour of being sworn in."

"World: Broken Rather than throw the Chinese president a state dinner, buy him "a McDonald's hamburger and say we've got to get down to work"."

"No president has been bitchmade to as many world leaders, nor have threatened primaring more members of his own party in the first 100 days than me! Fact!"

Made our country a fucking joke at best, a xenophobic, reckless danger at worst.

My serious answer is this, and should be similar to yours. Left right or center, it shouldnt matter.

How's the Supreme Court pick a win? They broke the rules on that. They had no where near 60 votes. They just shoved him through breaking rules. Bravo?

The democrats weren't going to vote for anyone but a left leaning judge that Trump would never nominate. What choice did the Republicans have? Leave the seat empty for four years?

RPGCrazied

The democrats weren't going to vote for anyone but a left leaning judge that Trump would never nominate. What choice did the Republicans have? Leave the seat empty for four years?

Just like they did for Obama not confirming Garland? He was no liberal. Obama was pleasing both sides.

I mean, he's the one who went out and set a ridiculous standard of accomplishments for the first 100 days. He told everyone he was going to defeat ISIS by now.

Kurdel

Banned

Yes, lean further into partisan appointment of judges if you can't agree, that will definitely not tear your country apart.

I hope you feel the same if he wants to enact some shitty law that he can't get people to vote for and brute forces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom