• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE trademarks 'Infraworld', very likely the next Quantic Dream game.

Superannuation finds stuff. It's sort of...what he does. This time, he's scouted out a SCEE trademark that he thinks could be a new Quantic Dream game - yes, the same French company that made Heavy Rain.

The trademark can be found here. It's owned by:

1. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited

Address:
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
10 Great Marlborough Street London, W1F 7LP
United Kingdom
Legal Entity Type: Limited Liability Company

With brand new filing dates;

Date of Status: 2011-07-08

Filing Date: 2011-05-17

He also linked us to a Eurogamer article from the start of the year with this information;

Superannuation spotted mention of Infraworld, the game COO Guillaume de Fondaumiere confirmed was canned back in 2006.

But, as Superannuation notes, creative tour de force David Cage said in March last year that the basis of the story for his next game is already written.

There's even mention of Infraworld in a Heavy Rain Easter Egg. Could it be back on?

So, to decipher this; since the trademark is still piping hot, it's very possible Infraworld is Quantic Dream's next project, either not cancelled or brought back from the dead.

It also sounds like the mental idea that could only ooze from David Cage's 'artistic' (read: crazy French) brain.

Link

Sounds like a good punt. Maybe we'll see this announced this year.

One of two games Quantic are working on for SCEE.

Audioboxer

I am ready. I don't care about the hype/drama/expectations/Cage fever, on the surface as games I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain for what they were.

JJD

The only thing I know is, if this is a Quantic Dream game, I won't be buying it on impulse, like I did with Heavy Rain, if I buy it at all. Cage will have to work harder to get my money.

newjeruse

cuyahoga said:
The low standards gamers have depress me.
You're like a bug to a flickering light whenever Quantic Dream or David Cage comes up.

And this is definitely a better name than 5ive or whatever the title was which popped up last year.

cuyahoga said:
The low standards gamers have depress me.

It might be a lower standard then movies or books, but at least he is trying his hardest to actually push the industry towards something other then guns and bro's. I would gladly take Cage and lower standards the another Gears of War.

Gravijah

funkystudent said:
thats some sneaky shit right there.

I like this thread of leaving hints of the sequel/next game in the first game.

For some reason, I thought that was a Heavy Rain Home area or something. Haha.

jg4xchamp

I'd like to think that with this being Cage's third attempt at a videogame he finally gets his plot to a more reasonable standard. The sheer stupidity of Indigo Prophecy and the plot holes in Heavy Rain really tested my appreciation for those games.

At this point I can only give him credit for trying something new(which I respect), but we're at a point where what he makes now has to be good.

erragal

jg4xchamp said:
I'd like to think that with this being Cage's third attempt at a videogame he finally gets his plot to a more reasonable standard. The sheer stupidity of Indigo Prophecy and the plot holes in Heavy Rain really tested my appreciation for those games.

At this point I can only give him credit for trying something new(which I respect), but we're at a point where what he makes now has to be good.

Omikron doesn't count?

Vinterbird said:
It might be a lower standard then movies or books, but at least he is trying his hardest to actually push the industry towards something other then guns and bro's. I would gladly take Cage and lower standards the another Gears of War.
Yeah I'm with you on this one.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
newjeruse said:
And this is definitely a better name than 5ive or whatever the title was which popped up last year.
This is a different game than Fiv5.

Vinterbird said:
I agree with this as well. Bottom line is it was a fresh experience that I was engaged in despite any flaws. I support that 100%.

I'd like them to do a Vita game.

Their penchant for getting players to interact with games differently would really fit well with the device. Microphones, cameras, touch screen, track pad, motion control, buttons. It's like a playground for them.

Though saying that, if they are going for that cinematic, mature experience. . .the PS3 would probably be better.

Man

Looking forward to this. If it wasn't for the thumb-olympics and waggle-hell sections of HR I would have enjoyed it much more.

Vinterbird said:

I'd like to frame this and put it on my wall.

Tommy Wiseau's alter ego is back, to thrill us again with his fourth masterpiece.

Infraworld, you say? Sounds like Cage/Wiseau has licensed 70's Ultraman clone Inframan! Get ready for David Cage level writing, controls from Hell, and quicktime kung-fu battles against monsters and robots!

V_Ben

Banned
I kinda hope it goes somewhere completely different to where Heavy Rain was. I'd love to see QD make something with a crazy premise, and see what they'd do with it. Something more along the line of The Nomad Soul...

spats said:
I think it was a jab at some of the outrageous accents. :p

I see. Well yeah, give people the accents of where they are meant to be from.

This game sounds Sci-Fi to me. Accents might not be an issue.

theBishop said:

I don't see how a portable system would make sense for QD. The Vita would give them different controller options, but all of their games are very story driven. They're much better suited for the PS3.

spats

Metalmurphy said:
They had that in the game and they only registered it now? Risky.

It would've been just another poster, but since the Infraworld TM filing passed now they have a cool little detail tying the games together. Could've just as well been Potato Racing HD if it hadn't.

edit: Could it still be a working title though? Didn't they pull something similar with Heavy Rain?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Can't wait! Really looking forward to this, I loved the experience of IP and HR.

EDIT: So it was originally cancelled because it didn't appeal to publishers. Makes me wonder what the heck this game will be like.
Old logo I guess.

infraworld.jpg

Carl

Thought Heavy Rain was really different and fun, and really enjoyed the story despite the plot holes etc.

Really looking forward to their next game :) Not sure on the name though! Sounds a bit weird. Sure it will be awesome though. Have full faith in QD and Cagey

Top Bottom