• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V set in Hollywood [Update: Rumored Cast Post 330]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NEOGAFFED

http://gematsu.com/2011/07/oxm-grand-theft-auto-v-announcement-later-this-summer

PS NEW THREAD FOR NEW NEWS.

StuBurns

Banned
BanditKing said:
Hollywood?

I think they mean LA.

How many mob bosses are there in hollywood?
There's lots of corruption and crime in Hollywood. In fact it'd be pretty cool if it's more about high society sin.

I honestly don't care where they do it. All GTA games have a certain depth and charm. Even GTA IV sucked me in for hours upon hours even I hated some of the simulation/friend/minigame crap.

Wherever you feel comfortable doing it R* ... you'll have my money.

abundant said:
I mean the big 3 (E3, GC, TGS) R* doesn't go to those shows. They announce/reveal stuff on their own time.

The big 3? This isn't 10 years ago, PAX East and Prime are VERY important, why do you think a large company might show up to PAX but not E3?

They could just use the locales of LA Noire and actually make the environments... useful. Something so well created and detailed deserves to be used.

bridegur

Kermit The Dog said:
They could just use the locales of LA Noire and actually make the environments... useful. Something so well created and detailed deserves to be used.

If a game is going to make use of environments, GTA is the last one I'd expect to. Liberty City was about as underutilized in GTA4 as LA is in Noire.

abundant

Heart of Black said:
The big 3? This isn't 10 years ago, PAX East and Prime are VERY important, why do you think a large company might show up to PAX but not E3?
Because when a publisher shows up to PAX, they rarely announce anything big, they just bring their existing titles and let the public play them. Where as if they show up to E3, GC, or TGS they're more then likely going to announce a new game or show off something new in an existing game.

For instance, when R* showed up to PAX, they didn't announce anything new, they just let the general public play the RDR demo.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
abundant said:
Because when a publisher shows up to PAX, they rarely announce anything big, they just bring their existing titles and let the public play them. Where as if they show up to E3, GC, or TGS they're more then likely going to announce a new game or show off something new in an existing game.

For instance, when R* showed up to PAX, they didn't announce anything new, they just let the general public play the RDR demo.
Take 2 re-announced Duke Nukem Forever (and had a playable demo running) at PAX last year.

Enco

legacyzero said:
I dont give a damn where it's set. Just give me open, sand box fun like San Andreas and you certainly have my money.

And for FUCK SAKE give me planes!
The flexibility of Just Cause 2 + activities of San Andreas + Saints Row 2 = BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

abundant

Krev said:
Take 2 re-announced Duke Nukem Forever (and had a playable demo running) at PAX last year.

Because when a publisher shows up to PAX, they rarely announce anything big...
I'm not saying announcements aren't made at PAX, they're just fewer announcement than at E3, GC, and TGS. Look, there are different expectations for PAX compared to the other 3. It is expected for a publisher to announce/show off something new if they show up to the big 3 where as when a publisher shows up to PAX, it's not expected that they will announce/show off anything new. I already pointed out that when R* showed up to PAX last year, they just brought along a playable demo of RDR that showed nothing new.

Spokker

I think I'm a pretty sad person when I hear that GTA V might be set in Hollywood (or Vinewood or whatever), and the first thing I think of is, "I hope they include a really detailed version of the LA subway."

But I want it so badly.

Louis

In the Netherlands there's a shit mag called Power Unlimited. Next month's issues got a restyle or something and on the last page there's some thing's that will change in the future for example, you have 3 pictures of Lara Croft. The first picture is Lara Croft how she was, then a picture how she now is and the last picture is a question mark with the text future. You also have these things with the past logo's of the mag itself, but also a picture of GTA. In the first you see GTA 1, in the second you see a picture of GTA 4 and in the third picture you see a question mark.

I think in the issues of 19 august there will be some GTA 5 information. The mag also had some exclusive stuff with GTA San Andreas, so it can be true.

Edit : I can scan the page if people want to see proof. Dont know if that's alright over here.

E-phonk

Banned
Louis said:
You also have these things with the past logo's of the mag itself, but also a picture of GTA. In the first you see GTA 1, in the second you see a picture of GTA 4 and in the third picture you see a question mark.
I think it's more of an "anticipated" thing, instead of a real article that they will have.
On their blog about the Take Two conference today they are still clueless about GTA 5 and are "hoping to hear more about it in 2012"

http://www.pu.nl/power/take-two-houdt-haar-kaken-stijf-op-elkaar-over-gta-5

FinalD

Louis said:
In the Netherlands there's a shit mag called Power Unlimited. Next month's issues got a restyle or something and on the last page there's some thing's that will change in the future for example, you have 3 pictures of Lara Croft. The first picture is Lara Croft how she was, then a picture how she now is and the last picture is a question mark with the text future. You also have these things with the past logo's of the mag itself, but also a picture of GTA. In the first you see GTA 1, in the second you see a picture of GTA 4 and in the third picture you see a question mark.

I think in the issues of 19 august there will be some GTA 5 information. The mag also had some exclusive stuff with GTA San Andreas, so it can be true.

Edit : I can scan the page if people want to see proof. Dont know if that's alright over here.
I predict they'll quote this thread.

Dyno

I'm willing to give GTA another try even though I was not impressed with many parts of GTAIV. Please Rockstar give up your cell phone fetish. Also the shooting needs to be improved.

I would love if they incorporated those awesome visual mods that have been going around. That would make me excited.

DarkChild

Banned
Found this,next week Dutch gaming event.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/index...-look-2011-the-first-25-games-announced-r1043

The upcoming Dutch gaming event called First Look, which this year is in Utrecht for the first time, has just confirmed its first 25 games. After a period filled with events such as PAX and GamesCom, the Dutch event is often the first to give a debut.

This year we can confirm that Rockstar will be at First Look again and that they are bringing two games that they are keeping secret. First Look whether they are announced and not shown yet, or new games that weren't previously officially announced is not yet known. We also see the list of games including 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ and Electronic Arts, all of whom bring their biggest releases. This list is not final, because it will run each time a stack of gaming public.

First Look will be the weekend of 1 and 2 October in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht.

2K GAMES
The Darkness 2

Codemasters
F1 2011

ELECTRONIC ARTS
Need for Speed ​​The Run
Battlefield 3
FIFA 12

MICROSOFT
Forza 4

NAMCO BANDAI
Soul Calibur V
Ridge Racer unbounded
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Dark Souls

NINTENDO
Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles

Nintendo 3DS
Starfox 64 3D
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario Kart 7
Metal Gear Solid 3D
3D Super Mario Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising

ROCKSTAR
Surprise, surprise

THQ
Saints Row The Third
UFC 3

UBISOFT
Assassins Creed Revelations
Just Dance 3
Rayman Origins
Driver San Francisco

Daeda

Its Max Payne 3 (edit, just to be clear, even though Im dutch gaming press I know nothing of this event, but its pure logic)

DarkChild

Banned
[Nintex] said:
You seriously think Rockstar is going to unveil GTAV there?

It's more likely to be Max Payne 3.
No,they will most probably just announce it out of the blue like they always do,I just thought this is interesting to post.

HooYaH

DarkChild said:
No,they will most probably just announce it out of the blue like they always do,I just thought this is interesting to post.

It's going to be Max Payne 3. The event is too low key for that big of an announcement.

DarkChild

Banned
HooYaH said:
It's going to be Max Payne 3. The event is too low key for that big of an announcement.
I agree,but who knows with R*...I mean,why would it be a "surprise,surprise" for MP3?Its not like we don't know about it...

Anyway,they are looking for game testers at R* Toronto AND R* North.They looked for 12 month contract workers in June,it means GTA V(or AGENT) are probably late in development,announcement can come any time.

HooYaH said:
Rockstar doesn't need a big event for a GTAV announcement. They might as well just release the news on a sunday and the whole gaming community would freak out. That's why they don't care much about E3 either.

Sennorin

Banned
blahblah...blah said:
All this begs the question: where the FUCK is the next GTA game?! GTA IV came out in April 2008 for god's sake!

3 years don´t sound much for game as big as a GTA-title.

Digishine

Banned
it will be L.A Noire for the PC I think. And Maybe GTA V could be announced u never know with rockstargames they are a bit steve jobs but in the game business.

L.A Noire will bomb on PC and Rockstar knows this. They also know Red Dead Redemption wont bomb on PC and that PC gamers really want the game bad. I dont see what the problem is. Who has made the decision to put L.A Noire on PC but not RDR?????

I H8 Memes said:
L.A Noire will bomb on PC and Rockstar knows this. They also know Red Dead Redemption wont bomb on PC and that PC gamers really want the game bad. I dont see what the problem is. Who has made the decision to put L.A Noire on PC but not RDR?????
I'b be really amazed if they announced RDR PC after all this time. Noire on PC might bomb but they would have been working on before the fanfare died. It's the better bet for what tey might announce. R*'s self hype is always through the roof for GTA, when they finally say something it will be big and loud.

Sennorin said:
3 years don´t sound much for game as big as a GTA-title.
Vhat?

GTA3 2001
GTAVC 2002
GTASA 2004
GTALBC2005
GTAVCS2006
GTA4 2008 (originally 2007!)

This generation is so slow.

Yeah, yeah, Bigger budget, HD graphics, BS, BS, etc, etc.

randrews

Neo Member
Hey guys.

For those of you who are still interested, it appears that there's been some more casting leaks from the actor's pages website. Same deal as the earlier stuff, except that Telsey and Company didn't list GTA5 as Rush this time. Why's it GTA5? Well if you look at the character descriptions, they allude to characters from GTA4. Seems legit? I'll let you guys judge.

Anyhow, here's character bios

JANE BELL
(45-50 Female United States)
Caucasian. 5'4" - 5'6". Ugly, lives alone. Very carefree and smooth-tongued.

JEFFREY
(38-45 Male United States)
Irish ethnicity. Tall and athletic build. lost his money by gambling and recently started working for his stepbrother. He is a bit lunatic.

WILLIAM
(35-40 Male United States)
Jeffrey's stepbrother. likeable and talkative. Owns a restaurant in Beverly Hills.

EDDIE MCREARY
(45-50 Male United States)
Irish ethnicity. lives with his cousin. Smokes weed and loves partying.

MARCO
(25-28 Male United States)
Young Mexican FBI agent. Has a strong sense of humor and likes to hang with friends.

Here's the link:http://www.actorspages.org/notice_details.php?pd_id=9600

Hey You

Sounds like old news, Listing was posted back in June and shooting was done in July.

Was this posted before or is this a brand new casting list?

Top Bottom