• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had been able to get to sleep earlier, now I just can't sleep well and I'll be up reading all these reports and thinking about how horrible the human race can be.

Fuck, no one deserves to die like that. So freaking meaningless.

JLG-

According to a witness the shooter was dressed in riot gear with a bullet proof vest, goggles, and dressed in all black. He had a shotgun and slowly walked up the steps shooting at people randomly.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So many people jumping to conclusions and saying dumb shit I here. Slow your fucking roll people, god damn.

Last post in here. Nothing productive will come from this thread.

Tess3ract

Banned
Fox news likes drama, because it increases ratings. It makes sense why CNN is being conservative while Fox News is like THE SUN CRASHED INTO THE EARTH in terms of their style of reporting.

According to a witness the shooter was dressed in riot gear with a bullet proof vest, goggles, and dressed in all black. He had a shotgun and slowly walked up the steps shooting at people randomly.
Reminds me of the movie Rampage. How terrifying that must have been for people. :(

squidyj

It's really impressive how they handle themselves. Not even the slightest sense of panic.

I read a lot of non-fiction, including a fair amount of crime reporting, so it's been fascinating listening to this and comparing it to the reporting that comes out. Especially having caught this on Reddit and here before many reports were out. Man... they're in a random suburb of Colorado, and they're just doing their damn jobs so calmly and evenly.

I think that's the only way you can do it. I sure as shit wouldn't want to be working next to the guy who was freaking out, getting emotional and forgetting to do all the procedural stuff that keeps both of us safe.

Early days but I agree, it feels like that.

I'm not sure about that, I doubt it's terrorist but I don't think you'll find the shooters to quite fit the mold of school shooters either.

Fox news likes drama, because it increases ratings. It makes sense why CNN is being conservative while Fox News is like THE SUN CRASHED INTO THE EARTH in terms of their style of reporting.

I think that is the reports on now. I've watched plenty of CNN breaking news with OMG WORLD ENDING type reporting

LobLob

Banned
So many people jumping to conclusions and saying dumb shit I here. Slow your fucking roll people, god damn.

Last post in here. Nothing productive will come from this thread.

What is wrong with discussing this? This is a major story and tragedy no matter what, you seem to be the one overreacting and saying dumb stuff, sorry.

Nevasleep

I think that's the only way you can do it. I sure as shit wouldn't want to be working next to the guy who was freaking out, getting emotional and forgetting to do all the procedural stuff that keeps both of us safe.
Yeah, it'll probably 'hit' them later when they get a time to relax.

Emwitus

Why aren't big networks like cnn not posting up this story on its website? I'm genuinely stunned right now. Just got back from watching and at one point during the movie a gun went off and scared the heck out of me (obviously from the movie)....I'm praying for the victims and their families.

http://www.cnn.com/US/

Wow this is so fucked up. Heard about this at work through a co/worker. I really can't believe this. Who would do something like this? I hope these fuckers burn in hell

EYEL1NER

It is impressive. If the reports are true and a baby was shot point-blank, I know for sure I wouldn't be able to function after responding to that.

goomba

Banned
I'm thinking about getting a concealed permit after this shit.

images

Of course there is a increase or a greater chance of this happening somewhere else. I am NOT saying you should be afraid of going out to see a movie, but you should be aware of it happening and do what you need to protect yourself best you can. Of course, there is always situations where that too is impossible.

Either way, people learn and gravitate toward things they hear and see. This happens from things as simple as children or even adults hearing curse words and having that trigger them into using the same foul words or reactions to things.

We are taught to learn and to react to things, so there is a good chance of copy cats or repeats with this situation too.

Stay safe.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What is wrong with discussing this? This is a major story and tragedy no matter what, you seem to be the one overreacting and saying dumb stuff, sorry.

The GAF moral police who cant bring themselves to forget about the comment about the guy getting the movie spoiled, talk of religious stuff, "I better go buy a gun now, "man humans are so shit," "can't even do anything in the US without being in danger these days."

Most of the people in here are going to forget about this in a week.

Sky Sources: FBI Considering raising national security level

presumably as a precaution in case this is part of something on a wider scale.

And police checking Hyundai vehicle in car park for explosive device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom