• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.5 Update File is apparently up on update servers

Frumix

Suffering From Success
4980ffe6a74377b0b0dca6c779523ad2.png
Update file (308 MB)
Recovery file (859 MB)
Edit: links taken down

Just like on PS3, it seems it's the same file across all regions
(data in the american xml seems to be erroneous somehow)
Not sure what you might need it for this early, but here you go.

Update if old.
IMPORTANT: If you're unsure what to do with any of this, wait until official Sony page goes online.

Excko

I'm not sure I'd grab it now, in case they modify it before launch. However, it is a good thing that it is available before launch, because I am sure that the servers will be swamped on release day, causing headaches to anyone who tries to grab it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I've never updated using anything other than the download on PS3 way before.

So I put this on a USB and update from storage media?
That's what you can do on PS3, PSP and PSV, yeah, not sure if PS4 works the same way but it probably does.

Well the important news here is that with each update Sony seems to be adding a recovery file for if things go wrong. As someone with two PS3s borked dude to dodgy updates, this is a massive relief.

Im also very happy you can still update via USB.

spwolf

Hope we can install this on a usb, that way I can save myself the trouble of the insane traffic jam to grab this file.

do you think they will sell 80 million consoles day 1 or something? Because regular firmware updates for 80 million download fast, i dont see why this wouldnt.

They use CDN for downloads, it is not going to be any kind of problem.

Great, a workaround if the servers get too hammered to download on the console, which I don't think would actually happen but the options there.

Jezbollah

When I went to a Game PS4 lock-in, we spent a while watching them prep the demo kiosks. One kiosk had a system update - I suspect it would have been updated to v1.5

Saiyan-Rox

Do we know if these updates have region differences? I seem to remember the process of grabbing them from the site saying to make sure you get the right one for your region.

Yoday

I feel like I'm the only one not worried about servers crashing on release date...
I'm not worried at all either. I don't think the server load is going to be as bad as people think. The launch is staggered across regions and time zones, and most people are going to stick to physical media for launch at the very least. A 300MB patch is practically nothing so the servers aren't going to get hit too hard outside of the update and the minority of people downloading their games.

Top Bottom