• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I'm trying to get two as well. I suppose I could always get the Ferrari F40 that I've held off buying and maybe the Scuttler.

Get both!! I was in my teens when the F40 was launched. That car definitely resonates with me. However, the Scuttler is such a unique machine. It's like a Metal Gear Bats thingy. I love it. Hence, I recommend you to get both!

willp2003

Rumours on eurobricks are that we might get 3 Star Wars UCS sets this year. I find that hard to believe, but I guess we'll just wait and see.

PotC ship is $200USD

Kind of disappointed if it really is that weird looking ship from the trailer hmmm... I mean, don't get me wrong, i am all for strange looking ships, after all i own an love Sea Cow but here i was hoping for the next Imperial Flagship or something similar at least :(

Ponn

Banned
PotC ship is $200USD

Being a ship build with multiple minifigs and sharks it's probably best to brace for blowback with a low piece count at that price, like low 1000's maybe 1500. If it has ship hull parts and masts definitely won't be 10 cents per piece. i wouldn't mind being pleasently surprised but studying that blurry image its definitely not Sea Cow size.

I'm still excited for it because i'm still dreaming of a proper Halloween seaside moc with a ghost ship, creepy lighthouse and general Dagon shit going on. I already got a couple ghost pirate captains from the monsters CMF line ready to go and i'm assuming some more with this set.

Zombie Sharks with lasers!

Being a ship build with multiple minifigs and sharks it's probably best to brace for blowback with a low piece count at that price, like low 1000's maybe 1500. If it has ship hull parts and masts definitely won't be 10 cents per piece. i wouldn't mind being pleasently surprised but studying that blurry image its definitely not Sea Cow size.

I'm still excited for it because i'm still dreaming of a proper Halloween seaside moc with a ghost ship, creepy lighthouse and general Dagon shit going on. I already got a couple ghost pirate captains from the monsters CMF line ready to go and i'm assuming some more with this set.

Zombie Sharks with lasers!

It was a long time ago now, but Imperial Flagship was cheaper than that. And it had 1700 pieces.

Ponn

Banned
It was a long time ago now, but Imperial Flagship was cheaper than that. And it had 1700 pieces.

Yea, but look at the most recent ones. They have been like 700 pieces for $100. Sea Cow was a good ratio though so maybe there is hope for a good ratio.

Kind of disappointed if it really is that weird looking ship from the trailer hmmm... I mean, don't get me wrong, i am all for strange looking ships, after all i own an love Sea Cow but here i was hoping for the next Imperial Flagship or something similar at least :(
We'll probably get a large Pirate ship next vanilla Pirates theme (to wash away the disappoint of Brick Bounty).

I'm optimistic about the forthcoming ship because the LotR Pirate ship was fantastic.

mclem

We'll probably get a large Pirate ship next vanilla Pirates theme (to wash away the disappoint of Brick Bounty).

I'm optimistic about the forthcoming ship because the LotR Pirate ship was fantastic.

Has there ever been a pirate shipwreck? I think that'd be a good look.

Has there ever been a pirate shipwreck? I think that'd be a good look.

I remember seeing an underwater (in a fish tank) moc on Reddit the other day.

Edit:

2UlXR29.jpg

How much did you pay for the Grand Imporium, if I may ask?

Before I answer you, keep in mind that I live in Brazil, and such things are crazy expensive here (new Lego sets are 100% more expensive than in US).

I paid R$ 1400 shipped. It is around US$400. It has all bags sealed but the box was opened (and flated at some point). It was quite a good deal if you consider that it is just 10% more of what Parisian Restaurant costs new here. Of course you get better deals i US, but shpping and taxes would kill them.

Osahi

That's actually the ballpark I was thinking off.

I am pretty jealous, because I'd love to have more Modulars (I only have them from Pet Shop onwards, minus the City Hall which as allready OOP when I started), but I could never bring myself paying so much for one.

willp2003

Eek! Makes my £150 grand emporium look like a bargain last month. Was 2nd hand but in perfect condition (except for a tiny bit of dust on some pieces).

That's actually the ballpark I was thinking off.

I am pretty jealous, because I'd love to have more Modulars (I only have them from Pet Shop onwards, minus the City Hall which as allready OOP when I started), but I could never bring myself paying so much for one.

I only came out from the Dark Ages a few months ago. This is my second modular, after I bought Pet Shop last December. I want them all currentely still available, but have to control my spends. Maybe Palace Cinema in a few months, since it is the next to retire. But it pains me to not get Parisian Restaurant soon, since it looks lovely.

Before I answer you, keep in mind that I live in Brazil, and such things are crazy expensive here (new Lego sets are 100% more expensive than in US).

I paid R$ 1400 shipped. It is around US$400. It has all bags sealed but the box was opened (and flated at some point). It was quite a good deal if you consider that it is just 10% more of what Parisian Restaurant costs new here. Of course you get better deals i US, but shpping and taxes would kill them.

Grand Emporium is a great looking set, but more love needs to be shown to that Camper Van. That thing is such a tight little truck - along with this one it's the only City set I haven't disassembled:

Osahi

I only came out from the Dark Ages a few months ago. This is my second modular, after I bought Pet Shop last December. I want them all currentely still available, but have to control my spends. Maybe Palace Cinema in a few months, since it is the next to retire. But it pains me to not get Parisian Restaurant soon, since it looks lovely.

Parisian Restaurant is the best. Jump on it the soonest you can.

mu cephei

My haul for February:

plus Lego Dimensions Batman Movie pre-order.

DARKNESS! NO MONEY! Now I probably will not be able to spend at S@H to get the Batmen promo....

The camper and the truck are great! but I don't fancy my chances of getting hold of them.

Grand Emporium is a great looking set, but more love needs to be shown to that Camper Van. That thing is such a tight little truck - along with this one it's the only City set I haven't disassembled:

That truck is great, reminds me of a red-and-blue lorry from when I was a kid, but there were no panels for the sides, they were built up from bricks... still have it, but the instructions have fallen to pieces.

Anyway. I have always known my local newsagent sold Lego, but never allowed myself to really look. That's at an end. Spent 45 mins and £32 in there earlier today, they have quite a lot of stock considering, and most of the older stuff is somewhat discounted. :3 I realised I most like things with wheels. Here is what I got:

R-User!

Great OP Phon! Thanks for starting yet another LEGO thread for us! It is appreciated.

To the group: wasn't the last Exclusive set starting with 75XXX the Sandcrawer?

Edit: no, I checked it was the new Death Star. But that 75 number primarily is associated with Star Wars.

My hunch is we will get that Pirate ship in March early VIP with an April 1st launch date if they release it like other licensed sets that launch 1-2months before the film release: Lone Ranger, Angry Birds, LEGO Movie, Star Wars and so on for the most part. Or perhaps an early VIP April for a May 1st release, but that'd be too close to a hypothetical launch for something new for Star Wars 40th Anniversary (almost) celebration.

As always, we wait and see.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well, that would explain why that Ideas set was not approved. But it would be really weird.

How many times would it have been by now that a liked Ideas set got shut down only for Lego make it "on their own"

Though I have to say I have no interest in an UCS BB

Top Bottom