• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The latest AMD beta drivers have an entry for Halo 3.

<profile Area="UDX" Usage="Halo3" Notes="Halo3">
<value Property="Version">1</value>
<value Property="MTShaderCompile">False</value>
</profile>

<application Title="Halo3" File="halo3*.exe">
<use Area="UDX">Halo3</use>
</application>

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_3_beta_2_download,6.html
Source: http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/halo-3-for-pc/

Steam Database entry: http://steamdb.info/app/216800/
Reference Information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511484

Update

Official Microsoft Response

We currently do not have plans to release any Halo titles on Steam, nor do we currently have plans to release a PC version of Halo 3.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-halo-game-on-steam-or-a-pc-version-of-halo-3

Frankie's Response

No. There are no plans to do either at this time.

In my opinion the use of 'we currently have no plans,' is sidestepping the question and not a flat out denial but leaving it open to interpretation.

Very interesting.

Update: Similar Denials From Halo:CEA

Stinkles said:
I never ever denied the actual remake. Before it was green lit, you know, before we were ever going to make it, I denied it. Because that was true.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39567334#post39567334

343i wanted a complete remake of the original game by November 11, the date of Combat Evolved's release, giving Saber just over a year to complete the project

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved_Anniversary#Development

Halo: CE Anniversary was released in November 2011, so that means the game was likely in production in July or August of 2010.

Halo: CE Anniversary was officially announced in June 2011.

Excerpts from interview with OXM

Date: February 2011

Source

Franchise development director Frank O'Connor has told The Official Xbox Magazine in the UK that no major Halo release is slated for 2011...

"There'll certainly be more Halo fiction entering the universe, but we've no new games to announce right now."

Pressed again for word on Master Chief in 2011, O'Connor added, "I imagine he will be chilling. Literally."

Interview with X360 Achivements

Date: March 2011

Source

Can you comment on the rumour about a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved?

Well like you just said, it's a rumour. And if you really really want to play Halo: Combat Evolved in 720p HD, go to Games on Demand. It's there right now for like $9.99!

eLJJCdg.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
iFm4moC606Sk8.gif

Halo 3's alright with me, but i'm even more excited about how much credibility this would give some of the other outlandish entries we saw on that list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This would be awesome on PC. Do we think it would get a sizeable MP community?

I'm sure it'll carve out its own healthy slice of the Steam community a la Call of Duty, assuming it's Steamworks or otherwise not GFWL.

Grief.exe

iFm4moC606Sk8.gif

Halo 3's alright with me, but i'm even more excited about how much credibility this would give some of the other outlandish entries we saw on that list.

There aren't many other outlandish ones left over besides KOF and Halo series

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+) Released
Super House of Dead Ninjas Released
Dyad Official
Retro/Grade Official
Angry Birds Space Released
La-Mulana Official. Test App has achievements
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Fez Official. Test App has achievements
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6 Test App has achievements
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Resident Evil: Revelations Official.Test App has achievements
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

BadAss2961

Wasn't impressed with the game on 360, but a PC release could be much improved and breathe some life into the multiplayer.

They should let Epic bring the rest of the Gears series while they're at it.

MrBig

This would be awesome on PC. Do we think it would get a sizeable MP community?

That would be completely dependent on a lot of things, such as modding support, OS requirements, GFWL, DRM, proper support for non-360 controller input, and general port quality, etc. Issues with those things are what killed halo 2 vista

Hypron

I'll probably get the game if this turns out to be true (and the game is not exclusive to windows 8). I've heard lots of good things about the game but I don't enjoy playing fps's with a pad.

GOD. YES, PLEASE. Halo 3 was easily my second favorite Halo ever! For it to come on my favorite gaming platform would be a dream come true.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This game is pretty much confirmed at this point, lol

Btw, Duke Nukem Steam is now called Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition. And it hasn't been released yet.

CzarTim

Guys, this is crazy, but I wanted to post it anyway:

- Bunch of M$ games showing up on Steam database (Halo 3?)
- Age of Empires 2 HD to have Steamworks
- GFWL to be discontinued? Likely.
- Valve working on Steambox
- Valve lets a bunch of people go.
- M$ helps Dell go private.
- Piston will be Windows

So... Steam to come with all Windows machines + Dell distributes 'official' Steambox. Linux threat was a negotiating tactic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Halo: CE will become Halo: CEA. Sabre3D is a multi-platform engine, so much of the heavy lifting is already out of the way, plus the game has a toggle to switch between the classic and updated graphics.

GavinGT

Banned
Man, Halo 3 multiplayer was so awesome. Popping a grav lift to get to the top of the tower on High Ground and then shotgunning a few unsuspecting enemies was so satisfying. And bubble shields never got old.

I really didn't care for the prevalence of mutual melee kills, though.

The missing part there is steam coming on the 720 as well. They have already covered most of their BC needs already with these three games, and a new Call of Duty at launch will take care of the rest.

Would explain this move plus the Sony early reveal if they got wind of it.

GavinGT

Banned
The missing part there is steam coming on the 720 as well. They have already covered most of their BC needs already with these three games, and a new Call of Duty at launch will take care of the rest.

Would explain this move plus the Sony early reveal if they got wind of it.

Whatever happened with Steamworks on PS3? Everyone made a big deal about it at the time and it seems to have gone nowhere.

iavi

This thing is everything but confirmed at this point. How many instances does it need to leak before MS just says yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom