• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuma Kiryu is "probably" the most requested first guest character in Tekken 7

While I would single handedly buy Tekken 7 for this I would rather he be a character in the next Virtua Fighter.
hqdefault.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense for SEGA to keep him for a guest spot in VF. You know if there is ever another one...

I honestly think he would fit better in Tekken. And I vastly prefer VF over Tekken.

VF is much more grounded, especially in comparison to other fighting games. Kiryu is in the borderline supernatural territory which is a great fit for Tekken.

He would work great in KOF as well imo, but I'm very biased there. ;)

Endo Punk

That would be cool. My Tekken days are firmly in the PS1 and PS2 era. I do look back fondly doing 10 hit combos and parrying like a boss. TTT remains my favourite. Kiryu will not get me back to the franchise but a T4 style shake up certainly will.

Loona

No Mai no buy.

She's already in DoA5 Last Round as DLC, at least, where she fits since she's an aesthetic inspiration for that series.

On the Tekken side, on the other hand, Heihachi is like a fusion of Geese Howard, Scrooge McDuck and Harada himself, so Geese would be the better SNK fit.

Ya know what, I want the reverse. Dragunov in Yakuza.

Also if this happens, that means Virtua Fighter exists as a video game in the Street Fighter universe. Think about it.

Edit: And so is Dead or Alive because DOA and VF are in the same universe too!

SF, VF, Tekken and Yakuza already share a universe in the Project X Zone series.

I've said this before harada would be near deity levels if he manages to get geese

Amen! I missed the 2nd tweet Harada posted about that, so time to propose Mr Howard again and give likes on everyone that mentioned the character.

I want Kyary Pamyu Pamyu to be a guest fighter.

There's something close in the shape of Sylvie in KoF XIV:

Kazuya vs Kazuma lol

who is even gonna win that fight

The audience.

Loona

I honestly think he would fit better in Tekken. And I vastly prefer VF over Tekken.

VF is much more grounded, especially in comparison to other fighting games. Kiryu is in the borderline supernatural territory which is a great fit for Tekken.

He would work great in KOF as well imo, but I'm very biased there. ;)

Doesn't even have to be specifically KoF - an excuse for Kiryu or Majima to have a brawl with Yamazaki would elevate any game from any of the involved companies.

Pompadour

Do these requests matter? Usually when guest characters are announced as being part of a fighting game they're already locked down.

Do these requests matter? Usually when guest characters are announced as being part of a fighting game they're already locked down.
True it is unlikely that they'll change whatever they have planned for the 2 characters in the season pass.

But who knows they might do a third (fourth? Technically Eliza is pre-order only for 30 days then she's paid DLC) character if the demand is truly high and the stars do align.
P.S: Congrats on the new avatar, luce xD
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3x10vm4f9jc4kg4g8kgkgo08o_640.gif

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
These fighting game trends are going to make Virtua Fighter 6 so depressing. Guest characters, season passes...

Use that in a new Megamix!

Loona

There really should be more guest characters in fighting games in general.

I'm all for crossovers and guest characters - it's great to see a character retain its gameplay identity in a sufficiently different system or genre, not to mention the narrative implications - but legally it can be a bit of a mess, especially when it comes to trying to port the game to different systems years down the line, with licensing contract renegotiations and whatever else is involved.

That being said, Namco Bandai has a healthy history with crossovers in general (at least with making them - making them available worldwide and preserving them for posterity is another issue entirely), between the likes of Project X Zone and Super Robot Wars in their history, so I trust them more than most with this sort of thing.

Powalski

Banned
This would be an incredible fit for Tekken 7 and probably wouldn't be that hard to license seeing as how both companies are on good terms.

B00TE

Oh man, please let Kiryu get in. He'd fit right in, and I would love to see what heat actions they'd go with if that's something they do.

Baleoce

Wouldn't mind a soul calibur character tbh. Probably wouldn't be any licensing issues there either both Bandai namco. Already seen yoshimitsu in SC

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh Geese would be a fantastic choice.

The older badass thing just kinda suits Tekken, it'd be funny if all the guest characters were in that mold. Akuma, Geese, Kiryu and uh who's a female fighter... Ivy?

J-Tier

No

Because much no one buys vurtua fighter.

Unless you want him in dengeiki bunko?

No one buys vurtua fighter

Unless again, you want him in dengeki bunko
Why would it be Dengeki Bunko? That a Dengeki light novel/manga series crossover. Fighting Vipers or Sonic the Fighters, with is a Sega Crossover makes more sense.

You could have Kiryu, Bayonetta, Akira, Pai, Selvaria Bles, Lloyd Irving, Velvet Crowe, Jack Cayman, Eggman Robotnik, Beat, Ryo Hazuki, Ulala, a Sega Hard Girl, and the list goes on and on without even diving into the cartoony animal characters.

At this point, you could even include Segata Sanshiro and Mike Hatsune.

Doomshine

Like, just him side-by-side with Kazuya in his spiffy purple suit. I can picture it perfectly and holy SHIT, this is just so fucking good.

The second character is coming spring 2018
(and you know, early 2017, so maybe even later)
, I don't think it's completely impossible that they could get some fan input for that one.

Kazuya has been a main character for a while though.
nah canon wise, Kazuya hasn't been the main character since the first Tekken. Heihachi was the main in Tekken 2, and Jin's been main ever since.
I doubt any input from the west is being listened to
why would you doubt that?
Kazuya vs Kazuma lol

who is even gonna win that fight
we already know that.
I mean we had a poll and the result was pretty conclusive (and obvious).
haha well, to be fair, when the thread originally died the first time, Kiryu won by 2 votes...out of 420. That's conclusive by definition but it was damn close and if I may so myself the closest poll in NeoGAF history.

I should have added that this is coming based off of Harada's own tweet for suggestions. I don't think he would tease the fans having a say if ultimately they don't. I'll add his tweets to the OP.
Oh man f'in do it Harada, Kiryu Vs Kazuya hype!! Also it would be a good promotion for the Yakuza series!
Whatever story mode they have planned they should do Kiryu as Kazuya's long lost brother.
If it was to happen, wouldn't he be a PS4 exclusive guest character,like Kratos was for MK9 or Cole (InFamous) for SxT?
I was wondering that too. He is still at the end of the day a 3rd party, has appeared in Binary Domain and Project X Zone 2, even though he is basically a PlayStation mascot.

This game, if he does end up becoming dlc, would be crosspromoting Yakuza 6, which is also a Ps4 exclusive.
The second character is coming spring 2018
(and you know, early 2017, so maybe even later)
, I don't think it's completely impossible that they could get some fan input for that one.
This also all started from Harada's own tweets of fan requests.

TreIII

Why would it be Dengeki Bunko? That a Dengeki light novel/manga series crossover. Fighting Vipers or Sonic the Fighters, with is a Sega Crossover makes more sense.

You could have Kiryu, Bayonetta, Akira, Pai, Selvaria Bles, Lloyd Irving, Velvet Crowe, Jack Cayman, Eggman Robotnik, Beat, Ryo Hazuki, Ulala, a Sega Hard Girl, and the list goes on and on without even diving into the cartoony animal characters.

At this point, you could even include Segata Sanshiro and Mike Hatsune.

...Umm! :D

But seriously, the fact that Sega hasn't gotten AM2 on something like this already is something I'll never understand. Or hell, approach Capcom with the crossover idea...

cordy

Banned
Don't be surprised if it's Sakura or Sagat.

But yeah Kiryu would fit in perfectly well, he'd be great and honestly he'd be one of my most played.

With Tekken x Street fighter on the horizon (?) and the Kiryu thirst, I hope this culminates in a SEGA x Namco x Capcom fighting game.

It would be like Project X Zone except I would actually want to play it.

Top Bottom