• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games already launched that you want to buy someday.

BDGAME

These last years were amazing in the volume of games that launched. So many that is hard to buy everything and one or other game are left behind.

In that thread, try to remember these games that you don't buy yet, but will buy in a near future and tell why you not buy it until now.

I will buy:

Ori and the blind florest. I don't want to buy a Xbox for just 1 game and only now I have a pc that can run it.

Bomberman for switch and Snake pass are too expensive. When they get a price drop I will buy for sure.

I'd love to play Skyward Sword - but I don't want to shell out for a used Wii for just one game. I hope it gets a re-release someday.

chadtwo

So, so, so many games (the majority of the games I would like to buy someday are already launched), but I guess most notably, I would like to play BOTW but am not ready to buy a Switch and refuse to purchase a Wii U...Although games like Super Mario Odyssey make it harder to resist the Switch

Ooccoo

Fallout 4 (with all DLCs)
Nioh
Alien: Isolation
Far Cry Primal
Tales of Berseria
Prey
Yakuza 0

And there's probably more I'm forgetting right now

I'm a patient man. Also, Persona 5 took much of my free time already

edit: Skyrim SE on PS4 probably too

I wanna try Nier Automata but I wouldn't have time to play it right now anyway. My friend has it so I might just end up borrowing it from him someday.

So, so, so many games (the majority of the games I would like to buy someday are already launched), but I guess most notably, I would like to play BOTW but am not ready to buy a Switch and refuse to purchase a Wii U...Although games like Super Mario Odyssey make it harder to resist the Switch

Yep. I got BOTW on Wii U. But might get a Switch at the end of the Summer for all the cool games coming out. Glad I waited.

Opa-Pa

Dishonored 2, Prey, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein TNO, Yooka-Laylee and Nier Automata.

The last two are the ones I'm most looking forward to, but I'm looking to be done with the Yakuza series before buying anything else... Automata though, I was insanely excited to get day 1 though but money was tight at the moment :(

killatopak

Gold Member
Doom
Wolfenstein
Metro
TLOU
Uncharted 3 and 4
Until Dawn
RE7
MGS5
TLG
KH 1.5+2.5+2.8
Horizon
Infamous
TEW
Alien Isolation
Bloodborne
Forza Horizon 3
Ratcher and Clank
Ori
Yakuza 0
Tales of Berseria
MGR:R
SRW V
Tekken 7
Diablo 3
Farcry 4/Primal
Persona Q
W101

Off the top of my head. I would have already bought a lot of these had I not spent my money on GAAS like league, and overwatch.

My backlog is enormous, so I decided to buy pretty much every game at bargain prices going forward. Bought Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh for 25€ each lately.

Waiting for Nier and Persona 5 to hit that price too.

maxcriden

I'd love to play Skyward Sword - but I don't want to shell out for a used Wii for just one game. I hope it gets a re-release someday.

Get a Wii u. Then you can play all Wii and wii u games. Plus plenty more on VC for both that likely won't make it to switch.

gelf

How long have you got? I have 200+ games in my Steam wishlist alone and even then there are other games going back generations that I'd still like to play.

I don't rush to play the latest and greatest all the time.

eXistor

The new Hitman. I can't fit it into my schedule right now and it's way too expensive for my taste (I see it as a year-old game). When it's €20-ish I'll buy it.

Maybe when Andromeda hits the bargain-bins I'll give it a try. I doubt it's as bad as people make it out to be.

My backlog is enormous, so I decided to buy pretty much every game at bargain prices going forward. Bought Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh for 25€ each lately.

Waiting for Nier and Persona 5 to hit that price too.

Same here. Decided I want to actually get Persona 5 so will wait until I can find a copy for cheaper ($25). In the mean time it will be plugging along on some of the backlog.

Another one is Breath of the Wild, but I'd need either a Wii U or a Switch for that, both of which I do want but it's been very hard to decide which will be the better option, but that's a story for another day.

Prey, Tekken 7, and Injustice 2. I typically wait until fighting games are $40 or less as I don't play them for the multiplayer aspect and Prey will be bought when it's around $30 as the demo didn't exactly get me hyped, but will play it due to it being a Arkane game.

Indelible

Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Forza Horizon 3
Been waiting for these to hit $30 Canadian but it hasn't happened yet. I also want the Last Guardian but I can wait for that to hit $20.

Falk

that puzzling face
qjm8sTg.png

am i doing this thread right?

wiibomb

mine include Bioshock the Collection since I want that one at about $20, or less...

Resident Evil 7...

and may be Nier Automata, but I'm not sure I could have time for that one

farisr

Nioh (when I've made progress through my backlog)
Re7 (when it's super cheap on PS4)
Injustice 2 (again, backlog)

Only three I can think of. I usually end up buying games I'm interested in when they​ come out due to deep discounts (and end up increasing my backlog).

g11

Yakuza 0
Dragon Quest Builders
Puyo Puyo Tetris (boo physical media)
RE7
BotW (Once I have a Switch)

There's probably some stuff from 2016 that I'm forgetting. Prey is a maybe at this point. Demo didn't do much for me.

IbukiLordSA

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - stupid name
Legend of Zelda, The: Breath of the Wild
Victor Vran
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star
Valkyrie Drive -BHIKKHUNI-

Erevador

Cheered to see so many mentions of Yakuza 0 and The Evil Within. Both great experiences.

Ideal time to hop aboard on both of those franchises.

Top Bottom