• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto Rumor: Bandai Namco making several NX games, including a Smash for launch

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
He's an analyst and consultant contracted by many of the big mobile publishers (that includes traditional publishers with mobile departments) in Japan.

Used to work as a reporter as well, so he'd have pretty extensive sources.

Smash is probably a port, but he didn't specify.

serkanrqsu0.png

serkanpart2nou10.png

Source: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692755598497046528

I believe it, a DLC bundle isn't exactly a Nintendo thing to do but it makes a lot of sense for an NX launch title. If it has some form of new content or combined 3DS and Wii U stages the system launch will be off to a great start.

I believe this even less than the typical rumors. The only remote chance of this being true is if it's a Smash 4 Championship Edition with all DLC included

Best part about this news is that increases the likelihood that Sakurai is working on anything but Smash. Kid Icarus NX let's gooooooooooooo

kiri

Interesting, if understandable and predictable rumour.

Would love to see Smash at launch and would certainly triple-dip!

Sponge

Banned
A Smash port at launch would secure my purchase of an NX right away. I bought my GameCube, Wii and Wii U for Smash in mind first. Hoping we get the Ice Climbers back.

Port with more characters probably. Sakurai probably not directing.

Sakurai did say he's already started his next project, wouldn't be surprised if it was this.

Also there's too many Smash Amiibo in the market still for Nintendo to drop Smash entirely. Either the NX is backwards compatible or we're getting a port.

From the What we know-thread.

If i had to guess:

Smash Bros GotY Edition with all DLC
Port of Tales of Berseria (and/or Tales of Zestiria)
Tekken (maybe?)
Pokken

Doubtful, but would be a megaton for me:

Dark Souls 3

Son Of D

Smash 4 NX. All DLC included, both 3DS and Wii U stages plus maybe some new trophies and music rips added in (IE finish the FFVII song list by giving us more than just two songs).

AdanVC

Oh man Smash hype rising once again. Smash 4 port with enhanced graphics and all the DLC included? All of my yes. Smash, and Zelda and maybe a brand new 3D Mario and it would be the best launch lineup ever. Hope Nintendo go big like that.

vareon

Serkan Toto's pretty reputable and he won't do this for shits and giggles.

I think this imply we might have several Wii U port down the line? Could be good for future compatibilities.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does he have a track record?

With things like IPOs and mobile announcements generally, though he did successfully indicate that the first Nintendo mobile game was going to be kind of balls/notably untraditional about a month in advance while their bigger IPs would come later, which was true.

Console games, well, he doesn't normally talk about those to my knowledge in general, sans his personal preferences.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Serkan Toto is usually reliable, he knew about Nintendo's first mobile app before the official announcement.

Top Bottom