• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week Famitsu Cross Review

Tenbatsu

REVIEW

DS
Call of Duty 4 | 7-8-7-7(29/40)
Koinu no Heya | 6-6-6-6(24/40)
Contra: Dual Spirit | 7-7-7-7(28/40)
THE LEGEND OF KAGE 2 | 7-7-8-7(29/40)
SIMPLE DS Series Vol.34 | 6-6-7-6(25/40)
Mahou Nikakerarete | 7-7-7-6(27/40)

PS3
SkaTE | 8-8-7-8(31/40)

Xbox360
Skate | 8-8-7-8(31/40)

NEWS
- 怒首領蜂 大往生 Black Label X (X360) | Shooter | 2008 Release

- Ketsui (Cave, Xbox360, Unknown)

- Disgaea DS: 魔界の王子と赤い月 aka Prince of the Demon World and the Red Moon(Sorry for the rough translation)

- Mario Kart Wii: Can choose between auto drift or manual drift, 24 Characters 12 revealed this issue
Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, Peach, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Green Turtle and Yoshi

- Link Crossbow Training | 5月1日 | 3800YEN

- Star Ocean: Second Evolution: Chisato Madison and Noel Chandler shown

- 水夏 aka Tsuika (Anime) for PSP announced

- MHP 2nd G | Dodo Purango, Papa Konga, Shogun Gizame Rare Version, New mode: Treasure Hunter in Training Centre

RELEASE CALENDER
Xbox360/PS3 | Dragonball Z: Burst Limit | 5th June
DS | Zoo Tycoon DS | 19th March
DS | Itsudemou Rouban | 19th June

soul

· Ketsui (Cave, Xbox360, Unknown)

· Price still undecided.
· Game is 20% complete.
· Original elements
· Xbox Live-compatible (ranking score)
· Better graphics.

Disgaea DS: Prince something announced, no screens

Summer Water (???) for PSP announced

Masaki Sakari(?) producer for the Ketsui game

Defuser

Not this shit again... Why do you guys think that you managed to get the scores but not other info plus not updating OP the means you can start the famitsu thread?

batbeg

Defuser said:
Not this shit again... Why do you guys think that you managed to get the scores but not other info plus not updating OP the means you can start the famitsu thread?

Because this is basically how it's always worked, even when Neo started the threads. The information always dripped along and the thread shouldn't be locked, because there's still shit for us to discuss in here.

Like Disgaea DS :D Nice. Is Summon Water another Nippon Ichi game or...?

Chris R

ItsInMyVeins said:
That's funny, since it should be at least 9/9/9/9. 10/10/10/10 would also be acceptable.
skate was a good game, but it had alot of issues that held it back.

skate2 should be the best skating game ever though if they can fix the issues (FRAMERATE/ECT) and add in new things.

Durante

I think it's unlikely that the DS Disgaea game would be a port, but stranger things have happened. It's more likely a spinoff. More information would be nice.

soul

Kafel said:
PMed DDP infos to soul. Yell at him if he doesn't post them. :D

It's pretty similar to Ketsui:

Price undetermined, development is 30% done, game uses original elements, Xbox Live-compatible, more powerful graphics.

extra info;

- It seems to say something about "plus playing", perhaps it's something similar to a "new game+" aka persona 3/ffx-2. Not certain though.
- Support online downloads.

Tenbatsu

batbeg said:
Because this is basically how it's always worked, even when Neo started the threads. The information always dripped along and the thread shouldn't be locked, because there's still shit for us to discuss in here.

Its an anime game, not sure from which company.
13139948_2006030310022662619500.jpg

OP Updated.

Mechar

Neo Member
Disgaea DS sounds really nice. I´m curious if they perhaps might have some touch screen-elements in the game or maybe a versus mode over Wi-Fi. That would be awesome.

Troidal

Not like its news or anything, but Famitsu definitely hates military FPS.

EDIT: Ohh, the DS version. Reading comprehension FTL.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
anyone planning on checking out that legend of kage game? i'm curious, but probably not curious enough to buy it

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Troidal said:

it`s the ds version...gawd....

btw. disgaea ds ? YES......

Mechar

Neo Member
Troidal said:
Shooters in general aren´t that popular in Japan. But the score was pretty generous. What did the consoleversions score?

AniHawk

Tenbatsu said:
- Disgaea DS: 魔界の王子と赤い月 aka Prince of the Demon World and the Red Moon(Sorry for the rough translation)

Wow. I remember when they were doing the online poll from the NISA website. Apparently the people in Japan were taking it kinda seriously.
The girl who had to do it was pretty much given last-minute notice. Felt bad for her

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Segata Sanshiro said:
D-did they just quad-seven Contra 4? :eek:
TOO HARDCORE

2d sidescrolling games generally don't do well in famitsu these days.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Took them a while for Disgaea DS. Does the article talk about when in the timeline it will be set? "Prince of the Demon World and the Red Moon" sounds like a port of the first game, I hope that's not the case.

Is there any more info on their other to be announced games?

lyre

Segata Sanshiro said:
D-did they just quad-seven Contra 4? :eek:
They gave all the MM Zero games similar scores. It's a well known fact Famitsu sucks at 2d action/platformers.

And on a simlar topic, looks like Kage 2 shows promise of the same thing. *crosses fings*

jarrod

Banned
Wow. Cave's single handedly made 360 the shooter console in Japan. Ketsui and Do Don Pachi Daioujou? Not XBLA but full retail?! Cave self publishing?!?

I also wonder where this puts Arika's Ketsui DS "conversion"? Though I guess it's different enough (boss rush + competitive play only) to be seen as a complimentary release?

soul

Dascu said:
Gamefront.de is reporting a new Wii game from Taito: Space Invaders Get Even.
Yeah there's a small article about it in this issue, I don't see WiiWare anywhere though.

drohne said:
anyone planning on checking out that legend of kage game? i'm curious, but probably not curious enough to buy it

Same here. It looks really cool, and I actually kinda like Legend of Kage, but I'm going to need some other gaffer to tell me it isn't terrible.

B.K.

GreenNight said:
Disgaea DS better be a goddamn spinoff and not another port.

Based on the title, it might be a prequel.
The Demon Price is most likely referring to Laharl and the Red Moon part might be reference the fact that his mother gave her life to save him and became a Prinny. In the first Disgaea, Etna said Laharl's father died saving the Netherworld from an invading Overlord from another Netherworld. Maybe Disgaea DS will tell that story.

icecream

Public Health Threat
batbeg said:

Except by the time the OP made this thread, most of the information was pretty much there. So there's little reason not to take the extra 5 minutes to make the first post complete.

And it's not 'Summon Water,' it's Suika. Probably a port of the ADV that's been released on the PS2/PC.

Top Bottom