• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

MjFrancis

Other than Esparza I have the exact opposite picks.
Overeem is in post-horse meat condition. I believe he can beat Roy Nelson, I just don't think he will. If he proves me wrong I'd be happy but I've been reconditioned to bet against the Reem these days.

First UFC Heavyweight Champion, Hall of Famer and "The God Father of Ground and Pound" Mark "The Hammer" Coleman's retirement from the sport he loved and gave us so many memories has not been very kind to him as of yet. Mark had a hip replacement in 2013 and after surgery was named Wrestling Coach for Team Penn on Season 19 The Ultimate Fighter. After filming and returning home his hip popped out several times and pain began on the other side. He has struggled and lived with the pain for well over a year and became sick a couple weeks ago. He was taken to hospital where a doctor checked him out and had to stay for four days on antibiotics, when released he went to see hip doctor again and scheduled to have surgery on March 9th, only to discover while open on operating table he was full of infection and very close to being septic and lucky to have caught this! He is currently hospitalized with a plastic hip until full surgery can be perofrmed in April. Mark currently has no income. His insurance is about to end, and we are currently looking into disability. I am looking to raise funds to help his cost of living, doctor bills, medication, and make up what he will lose in the next few months in appearances he will miss. Anything will help and thank you dearly! God Bless!

http://www.gofundme.com/SaveTheHamm...80&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined

I dont like the negativity towards GSP. Come on guys, you are smarter than this.

Edit: Mark Coleman always looked very ill to me.

iddqd

Oh hey a new OT!
It IS bigger than soccer after all!

Also excited for saturdays event, what are the betting odds for Henry Cejudo making weight?

dream

UPDATE #2 16 MINS AGO
We have increased our goal amount due to recent conversations with the medical professional/home care professional about the cost of medical services that Mark has already encountered and will continue to receive.

lol, Wes increased the goal to HALF A MILLION DOLLARS

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

TheChits

Are we allowed to talk about betting sites on here?

Also, accidentally bumped the other OT (my bad).

Pretty sure we are. Even if we aren't, I highly doubt anyone in this thread will have any problems with it haha. I haven't looked at the odds for this card yet

The infinite wonders of the American wealthcare system.

From what I can tell Hendricks has taken a better common-fucking-sense approach to cutting this time. There's a good chance that he finishes Brown, but I see it being 29-28 Hendricks.

Yeah, but I can have all the guns I want. As long as I never get sick or hurt the system works fine. Lol

Speaking of guns....
n3Vhz5P.jpg

uz4Cr7M.jpg

I'm on the waiting list for this when it comes out this year. Even though I already have a pump shotgun I don't have a double barrel pump. Well, nobody does yet because they've never made one before.

If we had higher taxes for healthcare how would I have the money for something as useful as that?

'Murica!

Oscar

Pretty sure we are. Even if we aren't, I highly doubt anyone in this thread will have any problems with it haha. I haven't looked at the odds for this card yet
I'm on Bovada.

I'm really considering Benoit +375 vs Sergio Pettis. Despite fighting mostly grapplers not known for their power, Pettis' last 3 opponents have managed to severely rock him. Benoit hits like a truck, and has great killer instinct. Worth adding him in a parlay IMO.

A $10 parlay for Benoit/Nelson/Joanna rewards $290.

industrian

Yeah, but I can have all the guns I want. As long as I never get sick or hurt the system works fine. Lol

In all honesty, it's the reason why I'd never live in America. Affordable (if not 100% free) healthcare should be a global human right.

With that said, Australia is nearly at the same level. My girlfriend went to see a doctor over here and it cost her $150 to talk to a doctor and to get some skin cream.

Meanwhile I was in-and-out of hospital in Scotland all throughout November with issues regarding blood clots in my lungs and it cost me nothing at all. Even the prescription medication cost nothing.

Wow new thread. Bout time

Watch Overeem find a way to lose this one too. Hopefully Roy's chin is cracked and Reem lands a flying uber knee to the face

industrian

"There are some exceptional guys, like Frankie Edgar and Chris Weidman. Those two never took anything. I watch them closely. Everybody takes steroids except them." - Renzo Gracie talking crazy.

I'd probably agree with Frankie Edgar.

Also, it appears that Struve is training with the Blackzillians.

scabro

"There are some exceptional guys, like Frankie Edgar and Chris Weidman. Those two never took anything. I watch them closely. Everybody takes steroids except them." - Renzo Gracie talking crazy.

I'd probably agree with Frankie Edgar.

Also, it appears that Struve is training with the Blackzillians.

they got him sparring with Rumble lol

can someone who is already dead die again?

industrian

I can understand training with Struve to get used to fighting a guy with reach, but Jones' reach advantage is combined with his speed and ability to escape when he gets hit. Struve... just gets KO'd instead.

TheChits

Went to talk to my professor about an independent study topic and came away with two projects. One for the middle school and one for my college
inhCik8o7he67.gif

Ultimate and Boxing Gaf duking it out in Rousey threads makes me smile.

I haven't even looked at that thread yet

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There's a strawweight champion? When did that happen?

UFC is really compelling these days. It's just hard to follow all the action. Uh...yeah...that's it. Something something than soccer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There's a strawweight champion? When did that happen?

UFC is really compelling these days. It's just hard to follow all the action. Uh...yeah...that's it. Something something than soccer.
Yeah, they opened the strawweight division with a season of TUF, winner became champ. A lot of the fights were really good.
the second one i think it was where they literally give carla like 2 seconds of screen time right at the end as theyre on the plane killed me
Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed she was on the same plane as Dos Anjos. Yeah?

scabro

Yeah, they opened the strawweight division with a season of TUF, winner became champ. A lot of the fights were really good.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed she was on the same plane as Dos Anjos. Yeah?

yeah theyre like "oh and heres carla" *cut*

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
give me strength, friend gr1m

the second one i think it was where they literally give carla like 2 seconds of screen time right at the end as theyre on the plane killed me

I wouldn't even troll that thread.

Went to talk to my professor about an independent study topic and came away with two projects. One for the middle school and one for my college
inhCik8o7he67.gif

I haven't even looked at that thread yet

I actually heard you say 'gosh dangit' when I read that.

I know. That thread won't die. Lol

I'm just waiting for ninjitsu vs European fencing style without bankai arguments.

Boogie

New thread is as good a time as any for me to try to drag my absent ass back into the community.

'sup guys?

Top Bottom