• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

FelipeMGM

*ITS COMING TO BOTH PS4 and XB1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXjmJ1-LPp0

Marvel Heroes Omega assembles one of the largest gatherings of iconic Super Heroes, Villains, and locations from the Marvel Universe in gaming history for its upcoming debut on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.

Band together with fellow adventurers in Earth's mightiest Action-RPG, take the fight to Doctor Doom in an epic nine-chapter story campaign, and experience your favorite Heroes, including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, and more!

I never really deep dived into this on PC, though I did try it out during it's initial launch and felt that it was only okay.

I'll give it a shot again on PS4. I just hope that the gamepad controls feel alright.

Luke_Wal

I've never played this game on PC, but I maybe would've hoped the character models and environments would be of a slightly higher quality to come to PS4 and Xbox One.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
damn, I tried to find if a trailer indicating if it was coming to Xbox One too before making a thread but couldnt find.

Google "Marvel Heroes Omega xbox" and you get an announcement trailer on Xbox youtube

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I played an f2p Marvel game with a couple friends on pc a while back. I think this is the same game, but it looks cooler than I remember. May check it out.

IronLich

This is great news. Moreso an inevitability, but better late than never.

I hope your account progress and purchases carry over to PC. There's a Civil War Scarlet Witch run still in me...

VpomRurd

Is the PC version of this actually any good these days? I'm a big fan of Diablo 3, does it have the same sort of replayability or does it get boring very quickly?

Experien

Well they have X-Men characters so I will give it a shot. Though knowing it is FTP means I will just be annoyed by jumping through hoops to get any character I want.

IronLich

Is the PC version of this actually any good these days? I'm a big fan of Diablo 3, does it have the same sort of replayability or does it get boring very quickly?

Admittedly, once you clear the main story, there isn't much else outside of dailies and trials. IF you can round up enough people to run the raids, more power to you. But the replayability boils down to 60+ characters worth of powers and skills to try out.

Slayven

2998933-tn.jpg

Mupod

I haven't played it since a few months after Dr.Doom came out, but I put 500+ hours into it after the 2015 relaunch (I have some friends who were also into it). I originally played it when it first came out, it was rough back then but it had a huge overhaul that turned it into a legit good game.

It's a very casual kind of game compared to something like Path of Exile or Diablo 3, but it's a lot of fun in its own way. I liked that they always favored buffing characters instead of handing out major nerfs, but it resulted in hilarious power creep as they went through the roster over and over doing balance passes. There's a huge number of heroes and while there is a lot of overlap in terms of mechanics, there are some really crazy and weird playstyles to be found. That's the game's strength over other Diablo-likes, things may not be sane or balanced but they throw so many abilities and heroes at the wall, eventually something sticks.

I'm curious what the state of the game is these days - for example when I returned to it in 2015, Dr. Strange was an extremely powerful and high skill cap character. But by the time Dr. Doom was out, Strange was at best middle-of-the-road even though they never went and weakened him specifically. They just kept increasing the average power levels of everybody and he fell behind. Brevik is gone now I hear, so I wonder how it's changed in his absence.

Dashl

Neo Member
I played at launch with a friend, we both bought the X-Force pack and played through as Deadpool and Cable. We haven't played it since we finished the story, but I would love it if my account linked to PS4. I loved the game, but hated using a mouse and keyboard.

After the 2015 relaunch the game was a lot of fun; there was a major update in the last month or two that apparently really ruined it for a lot of long time players. Not sure if that's been translated to the console version (or if it will be).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Gonna need an account transfer from PC to PS4 to get me to play a lot.

It sounds like this isn't happening, so PC folks with a lot of stuff unlocked/purchased are out of luck if they want to move to consoles.

Justified

Yes I play from time to time on my PC, but Im more of a console player so Im in.

DC Online still has one of the Top 5 announcement trailer ever though

Amazed it took this long but better late than never. If you can transfer accounts from PC, I might give it a try on console.

I've never played this game on PC, but I maybe would've hoped the character models and environments would be of a slightly higher quality to come to PS4 and Xbox One.
This game has been out for a long while on PC and they cycle back and visually update a lot of the older characters. Keep in mind this is a Diablo style game so it's not like you're up in the character's face much if at all.

I never really deep dived into this on PC, though I did try it out during it's initial launch and felt that it was only okay.

I'll give it a shot again on PS4. I just hope that the gamepad controls feel alright.
The PC version has had gamepad support for a a long while now and it works pretty well.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Holy shit, finally, I've been awaiting this for years.
Pretty awful trailer though.

Agreed. That trailer was terrible.

I do wonder is this going to be a straight port or if they will make some changes. I played alot of the game on PC, but I really hope they scale back some of the materials and currencies. It got overwhelming the more you played.

Mupod

Will be buying Moon Knight straight away because god dammit it's so rare to actually see him in a game.

When I played he was one of my favorites to use. I liked his low health = more damage mechanics especially in raids where they were ideal. Voice work was really well done too.

Top Bottom