• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, arguing GDDR5 is not good is stupid.

I also see an explosion of "not interested/hype gone/not buying" if Kinect is flashed on the screen for more than 1/1000th of a millisecond. (from people that wouldn't buy anyway of course)

It depends if it's included when you buy it and how big of a feature it is for me.
If I can play games without it then I'll be interested.

Kyoufu

I think Fable NEEDS the power of next gen.

Would love to play a new Fable in more populated towns and all.

I disagree. I think Fable needs to be put to rest, especially when the creator of it is no longer with the company. And the Kinect on-rails game has damaged the brand to the point where I think it'd be in their best interests to develop a new IP at least.

Pug

If the rumored Cable deals are true Microsoft will have a heavy subsidized option tied to your TV cable bill, that Sony won't be able to directly compete with. That was what I had in mind with that post.

Ah got you Corto, I'm assuming if those cable deals are real it will be US centric. Possible I suppose they could do something similar in the UK but it's very unlikely.

iMax

I disagree. I think Fable needs to be put to rest, especially when the creator of it is no longer with the company. And the Kinect on-rails game has damaged the brand to the point where I think it'd be in their best interests to develop a new IP at least.

Yeah, I'm bored of Fable. Lionhead needs new IP. Now's the best time to do it.

Hindle

Banned

If anything PM held the series back. Now he's gone they can stop aiming too high, and make a much better designed game.

iMax

His resume is very impressive for someone his age and in his position. I don't get the hate he receives, he's not crazy charismatic, but he's gotten the job done for MS.

I think most people don't actually know he's a gamer. Out of the big three (Kaz, Reggie, and Don), he probably cares the most the core gamer. He's just had lousy media training, that's all.

L1NETT

Good find Inspector OP.

Really hope MS do what they did in the early 360 days. I would be surprised and disappointed if they went for a majority of Kinect, "casual" games and largely ignored the "core" gamer.

Oh and I hope Mattrick isn't presenting, would rather Major Nelson or something. Not that I think Mattrick is a bad bloke, just I don't find him very engaging.

Pug

How do you know they haven't already? The rumoured specs you've seen are over a year old. A lot can change in a year.

edit: unless...
:p

Becuase The leaks we have seen has show Durango memory and bandwith are based around the move engine and the Esram. Sticking GDDR5 in it would require a complete redesign.

iMax

Becuase The leaks we have seen has show Durango memory and bandwith are based around the move engine and the Esram. Sticking GDDR5 in it would require a complete redesign.

OK, and how do you know the leaks are accurate? Seriously, go back into the archive, this has happened before. Things can change.

Kyoufu

If anything PM held the series back. Now he's gone they can stop aiming too high, and make a much better designed game.

I think Lionhead would benefit from a new world with new rules and characters.

The goalposts have moved since the creation of Fable. We have RPGs like The Witcher, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma etc.

Microsoft needs more than "Fable" in my humble opinion.

THIS.

Ugh, I hate his smug face. I miss the Peter Moore days. Hell, get Phil up there. I like him.

ipjYSV61LfbEk.gif

Yeah, this is reactionary to Sony.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

We are in for interesting times.

Good to see there's a legit Microsoft insider on these boards. If you could divulge, is Microsoft worried about the 8 GB of DDR5? How will their console compete with that megaton? Any tidbits are welcome.

grkazan12

Thanks for the clarification guys. Well at least the that doesn't make him a complete and total suit, he seems like a good guy. Idk he just comes off as not as enthusiastic as the early 360 days. God do I long for the days of Moore,Allard, and even Robbie Bach to some extent.

deadlast

How do you know they haven't already? The rumoured specs you've seen are over a year old. A lot can change in a year.

edit: unless...
:p

remember back in June of last year ADM was throwing lots of resources at their MS project. That sweetvar guy posted what was happening, then ninjas came. I suspect that there were some redesigns going on which came because of what Sony was doing.

abadguy

Banned
I think Lionhead would benefit from a new world with new rules and characters.

The goalposts have moved since the creation of Fable. We have RPGs like The Witcher, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma etc.

Microsoft needs more than "Fable" in my humble opinion.

Lionhead was said to be working on a new "MMO like" IP recently according to job postings.

PhatSaqs

Banned
What key aspects does Microsoft needs to work to put the Nextbox on the 1st place?
In addition to games, something that makes GAF unhappy. MS has been good at introducing new shit that changes and impacts gaming as a whole. From broadband only, to downloadable console demos, to XBL/XBLA, to achievements, etc. Whatever it is it needs to be something other than "hey look a new console!".

Sulla1980

It would be great if Microsoft could come out and show me something that I didn't know that I wanted. Like achievement points, which seemed (and was) dumb, but still offered some in-game goals that could be fun to achieve.

KAL2006

Banned
I wonder if Sony will crash the party by announcing more PS4 games just after this event.

Sony still haven't announced games from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Ready at Dawn, Polophony and Last Guardian PS4 version. Of course they can save all that for E3, but it would be effective if they announced a few of those straight after MS conference.

statham

I wonder if Sony will crash the party by announcing more PS4 games just after this event.

Sony still haven't announced games from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Ready at Dawn, Polophony and Last Guardian PS4 version. Of course they can save all that for E3, but it would be effective if they announced a few of those straight after MS conference.
for message boards maybe, all the websites/magazines will be all over durango.

Top Bottom