• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

hao chi

I tried to dust of my Yukiko and it just did not work haha. Abort! Haven't played her in forever.

Thanks man it was fun! ^_^ We'll have to do this again sometime!

Just use her against me sometime then. I'm free to Yukiko's zoning
even though I main her myself.

BTW, sorry for not responding to your invite earlier. I was already in a lobby, and we were getting ready to switch over to Blazblue.

cj_iwakura

Is this real?
tumblr_mwu8heZZo51spdy36o4_r1_250.gif

Almost finished P4G (my first persona), story in this game any good ?

I enjoyed it. There are some repeated events from different perspectives at times but overall it's good.

If you're going to get Ultimax then you'll want to play this first if you're interested in continuing the story. Thankfully Ultimax is going with a more streamlined story mode which should flow better.

Almost finished P4G (my first persona), story in this game any good ?

Not really. The majority of the story is told in non-voiced internal monologues that become tedious to read since they're used as filler. There's probably 20 lines of internal monologue for each line of spoken text.

So uh, I may be entering the P4A side tourney at CEO.

Who wants to help me suck less? :D I'm so rusty.

I blow ass and would not be of any help to you, so... Me! :-D

I was actually looking to get back into this myself - get some practice in before Ultimax is released. I can't say that I would be much help, but if you need someone to forever combo into oblivion, then feel free to add me on PSN!

PSN ID: LoveDeterrence

Geneijin

Oh? When's the lobby? I can make some time tonight (I so need to unwind).

PSN: Kopyasu

Edit: Good games Love Deterrence. Who you plan on maining in Ultimax anyway?

cj_iwakura

I blow ass and would not be of any help to you, so... Me! :-D

I was actually looking to get back into this myself - get some practice in before Ultimax is released. I can't say that I would be much help, but if you need someone to forever combo into oblivion, then feel free to add me on PSN!

PSN ID: LoveDeterrence

Sorry, didn't have much time last night. I have some time now, though, if there's any interest.

Oh? When's the lobby? I can make some time tonight (I so need to unwind).

PSN: Kopyasu

Edit: Good games Love Deterrence. Who you plan on maining in Ultimax anyway?

Thank you, Kopyasu-san! Good games, indeed. You are very good, and I hope to be half as good as you by the time Ultimax arrives. :-D Mitsuru, for sure!

Sorry, didn't have much time last night. I have some time now, though, if there's any interest.

Don't be sorry, yo! I'm always down for some P4A. :) I probably won't be around much tonight (NBA draft), but I plan on playing just about every day until Ultimax arrives, so feel free to add me if you would like a punching bag! ^_^

FluxWaveZ

Man, barely any player lobbies up right now. Guess people are busy watching CEO or something, heh.

If anyone wants to play right now, let me know and I'll set up a lobby.

FluxWaveZ

I'm hoping they keep the titles since it was pretty cool seeing what other people came up with.

I think mine was something like "Iron Heart of the Big Boss".

It was either an Atlus editor or their PR, but customizable titles have been confirmed to return in P4AU. There'll probably also be those small custom portraits that the arcade version has in the console version, too.

FirLocke

Alright, so I've finally ventured online after playing many sets against a friend of mine for a while, and well, I got rekt. I won 7 or 8 matches out of about 25. I was perfected once by an Akihiko, a couple of times by a certain Yukiko, I perfected one guy and every other match was relatively close.

I main Akihiko, and I have a couple of questions. What should I do after I land a sweep? I find myself freezing, almost as if I didn't expect my sweep to land, but really I have no idea what to do afterwards.

And what are some of Akihiko's combos? I can manage the easy 3 or 4 move combos(manual not auto), but the Akihiko that perfected me had a combo or two of about 8 moves which I couldn't do anything about. I must learn these things!

Also, I haven't gotten used to paying attention to my meter as I mainly play Soul Calibur and Smash, how should I spend it?

What's up guys! After watching evo this year and last, I've been bitten by the fighting game bug and want to give this a try. I enjoy the mainline Persona games a lot, so I figure this should be something I would enjoy.

Are there any guides for a complete beginner to fighting games in general for this? Likes terms and what not?

Bladenic

So I'm playing this game finally, and I know it's canon. But isn't Golden also canon? Which clashes with the characters and their appearance, most notably Kanji still having dyed hair.

FluxWaveZ

So I'm playing this game finally, and I know it's canon. But isn't Golden also canon? Which clashes with the characters and their appearance...

The epilogue for Persona 4 Golden takes place a long time after Persona 4 Arena. P4A takes place during the Golden Week following Persona 4, while the epilogue for P4G takes place some time much later in the year.

Bladenic

The epilogue for Persona 4 Golden takes place a long time after Persona 4 Arena. P4A takes place during the Golden Week following Persona 4, while the epilogue for P4G takes place some time much later in the year.

Ohhhhhh right. My bad. That makes sense.

Just need few tips..

What's better to use d pad or analog stick? I'm more inclined to use dpad because its more convinient to do basic movement like backstep with dpad. But the combos involving rotation of left analog stick are impossible to do with dpad. I was switching between dpad and analog stick, but its impossible to do challenge combos that way. How do you ppl play it?

I'm using ps3 controller and I felt that some of the challenge combos just impossible to do with the controller. Just wanna know if its gen possible?

cj_iwakura

Just need few tips..

What's better to use d pad or analog stick? I'm more inclined to use dpad because its more convinient to do basic movement like backstep with dpad. But the combos involving rotation of left analog stick are impossible to do with dpad. I was switching between dpad and analog stick, but its impossible to do challenge combos that way. How do you ppl play it?

I'm using ps3 controller and I felt that some of the challenge combos just impossible to do with the controller. Just wanna know if its gen possible?

I use analog mostly, but d-pad sometimes. It's all I use for Street Fighter.

And yeah, anything's possible. Someone won EVO with a PS1 controller's d-pad.

Top Bottom