• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

The_Monk

Ok, I read the title as "No Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for Europe" =(

But I'm glad I was wrong! Is there any news regarding price? This is a January 2013 release right?

I hope it's not too expensive. I want this game just for the History, the bright colors and the non-violence style. I hope this to be a good Chillout game but I'm worried about the difficulty...

tsab

Time to import from Europe again, I guess. :\

Damn it Americans. First our Dreamcast Shenmue 2, now this

I kid ;)

On topic though, I was going to wait for a price drop for the normal version. I might actually preorder the CE now! :D

Cheska

I'm in! Though admittedly its pretty annoying that I've imported more CEs for games from Europe than I have bought from NA in the past year :/

PR:

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced that it will be releasing a limited-run Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ – Wizard’s Edition alongside the standard version of the game on January 25, 2013 across EMEA and Australasia exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, an epic tale of a boy travelling between two worlds on a quest to save his mother, is developed by the critically acclaimed Japanese development studio, LEVEL-5. The game features animations produced and cut-scenes supervised by the legendary Japanese animation company, Studio Ghibli, and music by the world-renowned Joe Hisaishi.

The Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition will include a 300+ page hardback physical copy of The Wizard’s Companion, the spellbook Oliver uses throughout his journey in the game. The full-colour Wizard’s Companion contains a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game along with in-depth item descriptions, spells and history of the other world. The limited-run Wizard’s Edition will also contain a plush doll of Drippy, Oliver’s guide through his adventures, as well as exclusive “golden mite” and “golden drongo” DLC familiars. Fans who pre-order Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch at participating retailers will also receive two exclusive familiars developed especially for the western release: flutterby and griffy.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is the heart-warming tale of a young boy named Oliver, who embarks on a journey into another world to become a wizard in an attempt to bring his mother back from the dead. Along the way Oliver makes new friends and tames many of the wonderful creatures that inhabit the world, raising them to battle other creatures on his behalf as he takes on formidable enemies.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be available January 25, 2013 across EMEA and Asia Pacific and will include both English and Japanese voiceovers as well as English, French, Spanish, Italian and German text.

Shahed

Europe tends to get a lot more CEs in general.

I wonder why that is. Because making different language versions of stuff like the 300 book page must be a pain. Wouldn't it be easier to make a US version?

Do we in the EU tend to buy more Collector's Editions? I know I do generally, but I don't know anyone else that does, even if they are interested in the same type of games

canedaddy

I think I have to have this. Love Level 5 and that game looks unbelievable.

Any advice for someone who's never imported before? Recommended outlets?

Chopper

I asked if the book comes with the regular version, just to clarify.

"@NamcoBandaiUK: @chopperjackson collectors edition only, sorry."

There you go. CE is essential!

Price...???
Where can I pre-order...???

TzKvp.jpg

This guy is DLC!? I assumed he's the main pokemon monster as he's always been featured in videos.

On topic though, I was going to wait for a price drop for the normal version.

You're an awful person!

I might actually preorder the CE now! :D

Might? Yeah, you're still pretty awful

Too bad you get a Level-5 game with that nice book.

But... but... but... Dragon Quest IX!?
Provided you had people to play with and attempted none of the post-game quests it was actually pretty fun.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do we in the EU tend to buy more Collector's Editions? I know I do generally, but I don't know anyone else that does, even if they are interested in the same type of games
It might be because of the rapidly falling prices (at least in the UK), so they want people to buy the game on release.

Firebrand

I've never cared for CEs but... I desire this.

I don't even own a PS3. Will have to find one.

So what happened to the DS version, they're not localizing that?

RPGCrazied

NA will get a voucher code for the DLC. I seriously doubt NA will get much. Maybe a theme for the XBM.

I mean it is Namco. All we got for ToG F was codes for costumes and a theme. EU got a CE. :/

Who was it that messed up the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Edition pre-orders? I seem to recall someone took too many orders, then by the time they told people they weren't getting their CE because there was no stock, it was far too late to order it somewhere else. Bunch of pissed off customers, and rightly so.

I can't remember what store it was, but I'd like to avoid using them for this.

tsab

Price...???
Where can I pre-order...???

This guy is DLC!? I assumed he's the main pokemon monster as he's always been featured in videos.

You're an awful person!

Might? Yeah, you're still pretty awful

But... but... but... Dragon Quest IX!?
Provided you had people to play with and attempted none of the post-game quests it was actually pretty fun.

It depends if I have to pay by Drachmas until then.hehe

AAaaahh!! I'll but it at a high price!

This is exactly what I was hoping for!

Also, the italian adaptation (text only) seems to be very good, judging by the PR. Very funny work on some names, like the "elettroquaglia" in the DLC, and in the title too (Strega Cinerea/Ash Witch instead of the generic White Witch).

Very interesting, this might be the first game I'll actually play in Italian since Final Fantasy IX, which had an excellent adaption!

I'm more interested in the game because of the C.E. >_>.

I love Ghibli, but the overly kiddie nature of the game has driven me off so far.

About the price, knowing Namco it wouldn't be strange if this was offered to all those that preorder the game at the same price of the regular edition like Dark Souls and Tales of Graces F. This does seem to have more content though, with a 300 pages hardcover book and a plush doll...

Boss Man

I'm so incredibly hyped for this game. I feel like I've been waiting for a real jRPG for 10 years. They better not screw with the box art for the American version.

UrbanRats

Also, the italian adaptation (text only) seems to be very good, judging by the PR. Very funny work on some names, like the "elettroquaglia" in the DLC, and in the title too (Strega Cinerea/Ash Witch instead of the generic White Witch).

Sounds cool, but i generally don't dig these "liberties".
I remember in Legend of Dragoon there were a lot of cultural adaptations, that i didn't dig too much (and i'm sure that was also true for a lot of other games and countries).
I understand that some things may work in Japan but not here, still, i don't want anyone to filter other countries' cultures for me.

In the case of LoD that i remember, they had changed Dart saying something like "you'll be a good wife one day" to something like "you'll be a good woman, one day".
As outragous as someone can consider the first sentence over the secod one, i'd like to know about these cultural differences, as i think they are interesting, if not enriching.

Anyway, rant aside, i hope they haven't changed such plot elements in this one.

Top Bottom