• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD is being developed by High Voltage Software (The Conduit)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, this is at least somewhat surprising.

High Voltage Software said:
Games

Nineteen years in the games industry have rewarded us with an impeccable pedigree of over 70 shipped titles; a number that grows by the year! We have shipped product on nearly every console in existence since 1994. The teams at High Voltage have repeatedly proven the ability to create fun games in any genre and on any platform.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Hideo Kojima's legendary series Zone of the Enders arrives on PS3 and Xbox 360 for the first time with the highly-anticipated Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Converted to dazzling high definition graphics and including an all new opening cinematic, this is the way the high speed mech action of Zone of the Enders was always meant to be played. Includes Zone of the Enders and a never-before-released-in-the-US version of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.

Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Publisher: Konami
Date: TBD
Source: http://www.high-voltage.com/games.htm [Via]

Despite this not being done by Bluepoint games, is this something to be worried about? I know their actual game developing track record isn't the greatest, but maybe they can handle an HD porting job well?

Kusagari

jerseyshore-shithv7kig.gif

Zen

Banned
They're a technically competent studio to be sure, no worries there. If they were making the game there might be cause for concern, but it's a port, and they're great with tech.

Scratch another one off my "games to get" list.

You're not getting me with this bullshit again, Konami. Never again.

Not sure why you're over reacting.

This was the only game I planned on buying for my PS3 for the holidays. Guess I'll scratch that off and leave it at 2 games purchased this year for it.

Ridley327

Kind of a surprise, but High Voltage is at least capable of being technically proficient, so I'm not too worried that we're going to see a repeat of what happened with SH HD Collection. Not to mention, KojiPro is still overseeing the game; they're not going to let them fuck it up, especially since the future of the series is at stake with this release.

Wasn't DMC HD Collection done by the same guys who did all of those Godzilla games last gen?

HardRojo

This moved from a definitive purchase to a let's wait and see in my list, I mean, I know High Voltage is competent and all but I'd rather read some feedback first just to make sure.

Wouldn't you be overreacting regardless of the developer then?
I was already wary of this collection after the Silent Hill debacle. Hearing the port is being handled by the Conduit guys does not instill confidence.

If Bluepoint had done the port, I'd be all in.

However, I would love to be wrong about this.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, someone posted about this when The Grinder was last brought up, and then I asked about it in the ZoE HD opening thread. It was surprising, and probably one of the potential reasons we haven't heard of the Vita version.

Ridley327

Yeah, someone posted about this when The Grinder was last brought up, and then I asked about it in the ZoE HD opening thread. It was surprising, and probably one of the potential reasons we haven't heard of the Vita version.

Armature waiting on High Voltage to finish, maybe? I dunno; transfarring materials for the PS3 version has been since removed, so who knows what's going on.

Wait, maybe I'm not quite up to speed, but what does it mean, "never before released in the US" version of ZOE2?

Did the Japanese/Euro version of original have extra content?

I honestly would look it up, but I'm trying to go on a blackout since I've never played them.

Top Bottom