• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

That Layla neckbreaker looked so brutal last night.
Tl5si.gif

It really looks like this was awfully close to going very wrong.

RBH

Finally got the chance to watch Lesnar/Cena.

Up until the finish, I absolutely LOVED the match. Lesnar looked even better than his last WWE tenure, and Cena was so damn good at gaining sympathy from the crowd.

But that finish........man. That's the kind of finish you save for the end of the feud, not when it's just getting started. Just didn't make any sense at all to me, especially since Lesnar is sticking around while Cena looks to be taking time off. Even worse was how post-match, they didn't even do something like show an angry Lesnar glaring at Cena and wanting revenge. Instead, they just have Lesnar sheepishly walk off while Cena cuts a promo afterwards (that should've not been on TV at all).

So yeah, probably my MOTY so far even with that finish, but that finish.........*sigh*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really looks like this was awfully close to going very wrong.

Yeah. Layla sure was happy to be back. And why wouldn't she, she got a title as a reward. When her music hit, my pavlovian response was "McCool is coming back?!" but I was way wrong :D

UberTag

NoRéN;37442020 said:
What the fuck is a Bork?
It's a word the Swedish Chef says to get his food to cooperate.
In the above example, Cena is Brock's food. He won't stay in the pot like good food.

$(KGrHqJ,!hwE1K+T1EqYBNeBcn87)w~~_35.JPG

Here's a picture of Brock prepping to blade Cena at last night's PPV:

bork.jpg

Heel

haha or even worse, he could be some cynical smug little twerp who copy pastes a news article that doesn't belong to him.

Tell you what dream, since i'm in a good mood today, I'm going to leave you with this.

If I ever see you post the observer again, I'll go to a mod. That's a promise.

easO0.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could tell when people were legitimately butthurt and when they're just acting funny. Real talk. I like all of you here.

jmdajr

I laugh every time I see this picture. I can't help it.

So, WrassleGAF: I missed out on Layla during my wrasslefan hiatus. Aside from being hot as fuck, what do I get to look forward to? Is she... good?

Looked pretty solid last night in my opinion.

Kaladin

Layla is probably good enough to wrestle in the indies if she is ever released from WWE for some stupid reason.....and you can't say that about most WWE divas.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's hard to separate real and fake in this thread.

Can dream really not post the newsletter anymore? And if so, is it really G-Fex's fault?

I mean, people post whole articles from Game Informer or other paid mags when there is a huge exclusive reveal in one of them...

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Can dream really not post the newsletter anymore? And if so, is it really G-Fex's fault?

I mean, people post whole articles from Game Informer or other paid mags when there is a huge exclusive reveal in one of them...
I don't even really like Kane.

Please.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I laugh every time I see this picture. I can't help it.

So, WrassleGAF: I missed out on Layla during my wrasslefan hiatus. Aside from being hot as fuck, what do I get to look forward to? Is she... good?

She's better than Kelly Kelly and Eve, but she's not as good as Beth, Kharma, or Nattie, but that's okay. Because she's hot as fuck. She seems to be one of the few divas who wants to improve though.

Well, posting scans of a magazine is not allowed, but the summaries/key points are.

Maybe we could do the same with the Observer! I bet no one would miss seeing "which was a weak gain for the time slot."

The Best and Worst of WWE Extreme Rules '12
http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/04/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-extreme-rules-12/2
Best: Big Show Losing Because He’s Fat And Stupid
To once again quote Casey, good pro wrestling is putting Cody Rhodes into a match he has no chance of winning, then having him win. The Intercontinental Championship is back on the waist of the guy who changed its strap color to match his underpants and all is right with the world. Now Cody can get to the business of defending it (regularly) against guys who can go and Show can spend the next 6-8 weeks hip-hop dancing with The Great Khali until they win the tag team titles, break up and have the worst four matches ever.

Anyway, this match was shorter than Santino/Miz, but I found myself really enjoying it for a wonderful reason: at some point between x and y, WWE decided to go over “foreshadowing” with the boys and they loved it. So in a match that has to end with Big Show being sorta fat and dumb and breaking a table with his oafishness, that finish is foreshadowed by Cody Rhodes being nimble as f**k and Beautifully Disaster Kicking Big Show from a table. Daniel Bryan telling the referee he’s got until five, then getting DQ’d for knowingly keeping Sheamus in the ropes past five was another great example. Basic storytelling structure can make pro wrestling really kick ass, and whoever pointed that out before Extreme Rules went on the air deserves a raise.
Best: Brock’s Touching Tribute To Sabu
Lesnar_Sabu_Brock_WWE_Extreme_Rules.gif

Get well soon, buddy.

Kaladin

jbl5Yw2QfcIFme.jpg

dream

I'm sorry, DMeisterJ. I really can't do it anymore because G-Fex threatened to snitch.

Maybe he can write a dirtsheet about his e-fed. Looking at his barren birthday thread, in which he shares a picture of the birthday cake he bought for himself, it would appear that he has nothing but free time to do just that.

Top Bottom