• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher series sales reach 8 milions

Well, to be fair a lot of that last half will be under $5 sales on steam.

Still, that's awesome! Not too shabby for only 2 entries.

Yeah and let's not forget that:

Witcher 1 is PC exclusive game
Witcher 2 was timed PC exclusive with delayed X360 port.

PS. I've got 5 copies myself :D

L1NETT

Congrats CDPR

Such a fantastic franchise, and 3 is my most anticipated game in a good long while

Looking forward to the Witcherverse post Geralt.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I've bought The Witcher 1 at least 5 times for gifts and the The Witcher 2 at least 3 times. Witcher 2 was, once on PC on release, once on the console for support and then one to a buddy. I love the series.

sublimit

Banned
I decided to start watching Let's Plays of the Witcher 1&2 yesterday to "prepare" for W3. Gameplay of the first two games doesn't interest me but the story seems really good.Really nice atmosphere too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I own them both. Actively hate the first one and haven't ever played the second one. I am a part of the problem.

PFD

Grats to CDPR, very well deserved. Feb 2015 can't come soon enough

I own them both. Actively hate the first one and haven't ever played the second one. I am a part of the problem.

Second one is nothing like the first, so you might enjoy it. Give it a try

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Grats to CDPR, very well deserved. Feb 2015 can't come soon enough

Second one is nothing like the first, so you might enjoy it. Give it a try

Does it have that awful timed button press combat system from the first game?

Hystzen

If CDPR had the man power and time they could do something similar to Metro Redux to boost sales for W3 and future titles. Although that probably mean I will own 3 versions of W2 and 2 W1

PFD

Does it have that awful timed button press combat system from the first game?

No, it's a completely different combat system. Plays more like an action game. The devs said they were inspired by the Batman games and Demon's Souls when they created it

Aeqvitas

Excellent news, love that more people get to experience these excellent titles. With increased visibility for the Witcher 3, it could become mainstream similar to Skyrim.

I will sadly admit I never finished the first once because in my play through on a Mac it got to the point where it would randomly crash about 25% of the time there was a loading screen.

sublimit

Banned
No, it's a completely different combat system. Plays more like an action game. The devs said they were inspired by the Batman games and Demon's Souls when they created it

I remember they mentioned Batman but can you give me a link for the Demon's Souls mention?

PFD

I remember they mentioned Batman but can you give me a link for the Demon's Souls mention?

It's been a while, I honestly don't remember. It might have been in a video interview. But I know for sure that they mentioned DS as an inspiration

LiQuid!

At the risk of sounding like a weapons grade hater, I don't like either of those games either. I'm going to just say Steam sales claimed another victim on this one.

sublimit

Banned
It's been a while, I honestly don't remember. It might have been in a video interview. But I know for sure that they mentioned DS as an inspiration

I haven't played the W2 but from the videos i've watched the combat looked nothing like Demon's Souls.
It was actually the most common complain for the game.

Briarios

This is my most embarassing gaming secret: I own the first two -- haven't played either. ;( I plan to rectify this before 3 comes out.

robo

looking forward to this, not played the early games.

Will be a nice change next year when it drops.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Hopefully the combat is better the third time around as that was my biggest complaint about the previous games. Good sales though nice milestone.

Hugstable

Banned
Amazing and well deserved. Neither of these games should be missed by anyone owning a PC. They are just that amazing.

Atone13

I picked up 2 on sale 'cause at the time I was unsure if my capable, yet far from top of the line rig would play it well enough to enjoy it. Well it did, and I did enjoy it a good deal. So much so that I'm currently saving for some upgrades to be purchased and installed in time for 3. Let the hunt begin.

An-Det

That's fantastic news, and well deserved. Here's hoping to double that with Witcher 3 after the exposure and mindshare already out there. I really needed to get around to playing the second game, myself.

Philippo

I hope TW3 sells a fuckton of units, they deserve it.
And with a multiplatform release and great impressions from the press, it seems very likely.

erawsd

Good stuff, CDPR deserves it. I really hope W3 becomes this gens Skyrim, I would love to see what CDPR can do with a $100 million.

In Witcher 3 related news, the Yennifer model sheet for cosplayers(PDF) is out. It's the first full view of her in game model. Although if it's like the Ciri and Geralt guides it's a much older version of the model from before the first trailer she was in.

That looks pretty bad, ctually. Hopefully the character model has been updated. The other ones we have seen look much better.

Regarding the new sales milestone, I hope with this much exposure they can get at least 1,5 to 2 million sales in the first few months, when they actually make a lot of money with it.

Top Bottom