• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Ahh fuck, they're 'fixing' the app shutdown issue after the update. We had a good run.
Goddamn. Good thing I finished LR Goku and just need like 75 Frieza medals. Greedy cunts get so much from summons but want more from people doing continue.

WT is gonna suck...
That update is already in Global and they still haven't taken it out yet.
There's a news post that directly addresses it.

Hmmmm... advertising Super 17, but showing us SSJ3 Angel Goku in the process as well. xD

ud04nkhuillz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB..._bamco_post_information_about_the_new_dokkan/

MiTYH

Damn, RIP reset trick. I used you since the beginning, you've helped me through so much... tears will be shed. Thankfully I'm done with the Boss Rushes, so... it's not AS big of a loss, but it will be missed.

Will probably do one pull on the Super 17 banner, mostly because I want Rose or a SSJ4 Vegeta dupe. I've got a lot of random stones so even if there's nothing, I won't feel toooo bad

Piku_Ringo

Banned
As long as Bamco has your cash in their back pockets, you're tears are inconsequential

In no way am I trying to start a fight here or am I questioning your "skill" or whatever the hell it is that Dokkan Battle takes, but seriously guys? A restart glitch? That's some scrub ass, scrubby scrub, s*** tier stuff. Then you guys have the gall to make topics and comments on the board criticizing the game for lack of depth or challenge, but at the same time abuse a restart glitch when you fail? Just f***ing take a loss. You guys aren't even a little ashamed to admit you relied on this? Why the hell are you guys freaking out so bad? How often did you use it? I'm legitimately perplexed seeing some of the regular posters on this board happily admitting to being sad it's gone. What the hell?

Pretty much

As long as Bamco has your cash in their back pockets, you're tears are inconsequential

Pretty much

Well to that I say, there's challenging and there's stupid mechanics. If there was some sort of indicator about a super it wouldn't be so bad. Hell, even if they made it so the enemy can't super on the first fuckin turn I'd be happy. But when an enemy is in their final stage, goes first, and supers right off the bat that's some bullshit. I can't seal em with my sealer so even when I do what the game wants me to do I get fucked.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Game wants us to either be risk averse and waste items or take the gamble and get punched in the face.

Haven't used the glitch much, or even senzu beans (approaching 999 of them) since SS4 came out. That basically broke the game's difficulty.

Yeah I was a lot more upset about this when it hit JP before we had potential systems and ridiculous power creep. I haven't used it in forever, even in WT, Broly broke that too. Only LR Goku made me use it once or twice.

I didn't know the glitch existed until Boss Rush came out. I used it a few times there, but that's it. I'm not too shaken about it being taken away.

Their wording is what's hilarious tho. "We apologize sincerely for having this glitch in that everybody liked!"

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah even i never have to use it anymore....teams are way too OP even with casual play lol.
Also those Top Tier items are OP as well.

When you enter a map with+250k HP you probably dont think about resets.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll never pull a summonable LR so I don't even worry about how good or bad they are.

L Thammy

294-58m-q45qv-0-ttiero

got a cloud but I'm still like 15 large orbs away from 100%ing Goku Jr. Half the time I got clouds it's been nothing but 3s and I was only able to land on one spot. It's taunting me.

It would be nice if we could hock the leftover orbs to Baba too.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Well to that I say, there's challenging and there's stupid mechanics. If there was some sort of indicator about a super it wouldn't be so bad. Hell, even if they made it so the enemy can't super on the first fuckin turn I'd be happy. But when an enemy is in their final stage, goes first, and supers right off the bat that's some bullshit. I can't seal em with my sealer so even when I do what the game wants me to do I get fucked.

The more challenging the game, the better it will be.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Maybe if the game didn't randomly decide to kill you it would be strange to use such a tactic. Too bad it's Dokkan Battle which does exactly that. Wrong change to the wrong problem. Garbage logic from a garbage reddit post.

Maybe if the game didn't randomly decide to kill you it would be strange to use such a tactic. Too bad it's Dokkan Battle which does exactly that. Wrong change to the wrong problem. Garbage logic from a garbage reddit post.

My big issue is the 'solution' they made. That scouter takes an item slot, activates on the turn after you use it and isn't helpful. Despite the fact I have some top tier units, the reset method was still used for the World tournament because fuck trying to get 20 wins in a row and pray a super doesn't ruin it all. At this point seeing a super is useless when events just disable that and stunning. I don't even understand why they did that?

Edit: oh right Super Vegeta got his dokkan and it's underwhelming. But Angry Goku got his dokkan and the 90% attack buff is pretty good. Getting him to SA 10 was worth it.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I suppose a that point if it's such an issue the way the game is set up, then perhaps it's time for those people to step away from the game for a little while.

So in settings there's a battery saver mode that says "slightly reduces frames". I had it on battery saving for the longest time, recently turned it off. It moves SO much smoother like considerably noticeably smoother and nicer...slightly reducing my ass.

edit: 100%'d finally. That's 5 Rainbows.
Androids, Goku, Bulma, Hercule, Goku Jr. Not sure if I should rainbow LR Piccolo...also up to 22 EKs. Release better banners dammit!

Taking a "git gud, scrub" stance on a game with essentially zero actual skill involved is weird

Yeah it's quite bizarre. The only "skill" is metagame: teambuilding and positioning. The game itself has no skill at all, not being able to see when you get supered is only difficult because it makes you guess. That's not really challenge. But there are so many inherent limitations in this game's design I think they're unlikely to ever be seriously addressed at this point.

BrunoM

So today u hit 777 days I found this game 6 days into it and have only missed 14 days both being vacations out of the country lol

At over 400 stones saved got a lot of elder kais and stones in my gift box and characters too helps save space lol
With 78 belts still At almost 300Million zeni

Never played a mobile game to this point well not even close to close lol

Here's my box and I'm 100% F2P

Didn't post my full box lol just first 10 pages lol
I got the lr hercul 2 of them at Sr one sa10 one sa8 at 78 belts

I'd say 97% of the units that are able to be awaken I got the medals for it I just awaken units as I use them

So today u hit 777 days I found this game 6 days into it and have only missed 14 days both being vacations out of the country lol

At over 400 stones saved got a lot of elder kais and stones in my gift box and characters too helps save space lol

Didn't post my full box lol just first 10 pages lol
I got the lr hercul 2 of them at Sr one sa10 one sa8 at 78 belts

I'd say 97% of the units that are able to be awaken I got the medals for it I just awaken units as I use them

meanwhile I spent lots of money and my box is trash D: lady luck hates my atoms.

ffvorax

cut

well if you are really free to play you are super lucky... grats!

Styles

So is Bamco seriously going to leave the leader skills for SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron as "To Be Released" for half a year? SMH

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Why not? You should blame yourself for helping them get top grossing in spite of that.

Pumping em out as fast as a level 350 logs in and logs out these days. Whelp boys, we doomed ourself. Highest grossing nonstop had the effect we feared and dreaded, more cards no content. Ill keep an eye out but i think its time to collect rewards and take a break for some weeks. Game has gone into a despair pit

Agreed.

MiTYH

We lose the tree of might stage tonight, right? I took too long getting Baba Nappa's SA up, trying to work on my TEQ Turles but he just will.not.drop.

You can tell nothing's going on when the thread almost makes it to Page 3.

Excited to wake up to some new stuff tomorrow. Not much to do today except grind old stuff.

BrunoM

well if you are really free to play you are super lucky... grats!
Yeah I'm f2p always been not sure I'm super lucky there were periods of time I didn't pull ssrs for months the WT helped a lot buidling my ssr collection back in the day

And as for now I would say the ssj4 banners were the ones I was lucky did pull them both with in 300 stones then back to saving for major ones

But I hope I get to pull some great cards coming up lol

It's all about periods of time I guess when I first started for the first 2 months I wasn't able to pull a single ssr

And I'm sure your box is not trash

Not trash per se. However when we compare boxes and amounts spent mine is very much trash lol. So SSJ4 for me, no Rose, no LR Broly, etc.

BrunoM

Not trash per se. However when we compare boxes and amounts spent mine is very much trash lol. So SSJ4 for me, no Rose, no LR Broly, etc.
I get what you mean
But lr broly is the only LR pullable that I have I don't see myself being able to get any other being f2p means I only go for major banners and the ones that are 3 plus 1 free

For now I think I'm saving until gogeta unless something comes our way in global

Top Bottom