• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January PS+ update includes Grim Fandango Remastered and Hardware: Rivals on PS4

I have just received an e-mail about the PS4 Playstation Plus games for January:

untitledb4o1d.jpg

The e-mail also included a voucher for a Grim Fandango Theme.
No word on the other games in the e-mail and no post on the blog yet.

Grim Fandango is a great choice, was waiting for it to come to Plus, haven't played it in years. Don't know anything about Hardware: Rivals.
I will update the thread when we know more. In the meantime, here are the launch trailers for both games.

Edit:

Full list of January PS+ games:

Grim Fandango Remastered
Hardware: Rivals
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

DAMN, I bought Grim Fandango in October for like 4 bucks and haven't played it. My own fault, I kept saying "this is gonna be PS+", then felt like playing it so I bought it, then got sidetracked with other stuff entirely(mostly Transformers)

Oh well. Hearing people talk about it will likely convince me to play it

Hasney

Already platinumed Grim Fandango, but glad other people get to share in such a wonderful game!

Missed out on the Hardware Rivals beta but I do love car combat so looking forward to giving that a shot.

I'll give Hardware Rivals a try. I heard that Grim Fandango is basically "strategy guide: the game" and can't be beaten without one, so I am not interested

Oh man, Hardware Rivals. Played the beta and I found it pretty to look at but not fun at all. Maybe its been improved since then. Already played GFR, fantastic albeit a bit clunky, hoping the vita selection is better.

kanuuna

something something why am I paying a monthly fee
Knack something something

I'll try Hardware Rivals. Grim Fandango I'll save for my backlog.

PS+ really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately. A free game and a remaster?

Don't really play online much anymore might as well just let my subs lapse in Feb.

It's a shame Ive been PS+ since PS3 days without a break.

Kouriozan

Hardware : Rivals looks like the typical PvP only games that I never managed to like. Hope the PS3 selection will be better.

Is green fandango cross buy? Would like to try this on my vita.

Yeah.

I already have Grim Fandango and don't have much interest in MP only games but I'll grab the theme. I hope there's at least one game that interests me in the PS3 and Vita lineups but I'm not going to cry if there isn't.

DAMN, I bought Grim Fandango in October for like 4 bucks and haven't played it. My own fault, I kept saying "this is gonna be PS+", then felt like playing it so I bought it, then got sidetracked with other stuff entirely(mostly Transformers)

Oh well. Hearing people talk about it will likely convince me to play it

Same here... Should have played it before Tales of the Borderlands and I would have felt a little better. :p

jwk94

PS+ really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately. A free game and a remaster?

Don't really play online much anymore might as well just let my subs lapse in Feb.

It's a shame Ive been PS+ since PS3 days without a break.

Nothing wrong iwth getting a remaster (although I'm not interested in it). Hardware Rivals is a F2P game though?

Pretty terrible month IMO. This is not at all the direction I was hoping the service would go in 2016. AAA game, please! Infamous First Light last January was so much better!

Gorger

God damn it I am never buying another Double Fine game on PS4 ever again.

I buy Broken Age.. BOOM free on PS+
I buy Grim Fandango... BOOM free on PS+

At least Grim is easily worth the money.

Hasney

Pretty terrible month IMO. This is not at all the direction I was hoping the service would go in 2016. AAA game, please! Infamous First Light last January was so much better!

I mean, people will keep asking for that and then one day we'll get The Order.

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I heard that Grim Fandango is basically "strategy guide: the game" and can't be beaten without one, so I am not interested

It can be beaten without a guide unless you're impatient or if you're going for the platinum, because some of the optional conversations etc. tied to trophies can be easily missed.

Top Bottom