• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Awesome post! MixedBag here, some updates on our games:

- as announced on Twitter our metroidvania forma.8 finally entered Sony QA and we should be able to ship the game in February! Really happy on how the Vita version turned out! :)

- we're still working on Wheels of Aurelia Vita port. The game runs on VitA but performances are not good right now. We have some more optimizations coming. Really hope to be able to do it.

- we have a couple more games coming this year on Vita. ;)

Really hope you can get Wheels of Aurelia on Vita. Looks neat, I've been holding off on PS4 version in anticipation. Just FYI, as long as it's running alright, I'd probably take it :p

Also very keen to see what your surprise announcements are :)

Wozman23

I've given up on Snapshot. I loved it on Steam. It's a shame as it was such a great game that more people needed to experience. The Vita and PS3 versions were announced in 2012 as coming out that fall. There was even a playable demo on retail demo units at one point. The developer, Retro Affect, pretty much disappeared from social media in 2013. They randomly reappeared in late 2014 to tweet about trying to get a grant, and disappeared again. Since then nothing but crickets... Then the crickets died and there was nothing but deafening silence.

This was the last time I heard from developer: http://www.psnstores.com/2014/10/snapshot-still-coming-to-ps3-and-vita/

Hints seemed to suggest that a PS4 version was in the works, and news would be coming 'soon,' but after another two years, I think their definition of 'soon' may be less of a human construct, and more of a tortoise from Galapagos perspective.

HotHamBoy

Some of the games in the OP are definitely canceled/vaporware.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer for sure.

Since when was BoI Afterbirth confirmed for Vita?

Definitely a lot of games that are M.I.A.

Can't remember the last time we heard about the console ports of Legend of Raven.

incpdo

Awesome post! MixedBag here, some updates on our games:

- as announced on Twitter our metroidvania forma.8 finally entered Sony QA and we should be able to ship the game in February! Really happy on how the Vita version turned out! :)

- we're still working on Wheels of Aurelia Vita port. The game runs on VitA but performances are not good right now. We have some more optimizations coming. Really hope to be able to do it.

- we have a couple more games coming this year on Vita. ;)

Reaaally dig the art style and really happy to see forma 8 on vita is a thing . congrats!

Just saw that Activision's Amazing Spider-Man has been removed from the eShop on Wii U and decided to check PSN. Sure enough, the Vita version is now delisted too. RIP.

nouSCbj.png

Z7VNlMV.png

incpdo

You don't lose the game if you bought it. You just can't buy it now
That depends on the situation , I had 60 games on PSM. Psm is gone. I cannot re download a majority of them and cannot erase the ones downloaded. As I said . Physical is the best situation I can even lend or sale the game.

PQube is teasing Uppers on Twitter.

If ever there was a game that needs a rebalance its that game. Higher difficulty, less health for enemies late in the game (they take way to long to kill, makes the levels feel monotonous without challenge), and more enemy variety. Then I'd buy it again. Oh, and speed the game up while they are at it.

A friend of mine sent me those pics:

6rpkCVK4.jpg

rMVUD-tv.jpg

Seems like Axiom Verge is getting a retail release through spanish distributor BadLand Games (worked with PQube, IFI or NISA before).

PQube is teasing Uppers on Twitter.

I hope to god you're right about that. The teaser definitely seems to fit though. I wondered about Akiba's Beat but it just doesn't fit at all.

Yay!

edit: Omg, PQube liked by tweet saying "uncontrollable hype if it is", it has to be :D

Just saw that Activision's Amazing Spider-Man has been removed from the eShop on Wii U and decided to check PSN. Sure enough, the Vita version is now delisted too. RIP.

Funnily enough, my local Grainger Games got a restock of Amazing Spider Man for Vita recently, a new copy appeared on shelves. Which I thought was kinda odd.

Hey, at least the game got a physical release so it's not gone forever!

Seems like Axiom Verge is getting a retail release through spanish distributor BadLand Games (worked with PQube, IFI or NISA before).

That would be mind-blowingly awesome. Really happy we got Teslagrad physical too.

HotHamBoy

That depends on the situation , I had 60 games on PSM. Psm is gone. I cannot re download a majority of them and cannot erase the ones downloaded. As I said . Physical is the best situation I can even lend or sale the game.

You are right, but with the games go the patches.

I wouldn't want to play most games released this gen on version 1.0.... some are outright broken. So it really doesn't matter if you buy physical when you still need the updates.

Pata

If it appears on Badland Indie's website, it probably means they are not just distributing the game, but publishing it too.

What other indie titles have they published and released at retail thus far?

Well, they didn't manage a retail release of their own title (Dex) recently, while they did get the PS4 version out at retail.

I can't imagine it being true really. Soedesco/Rain Games hinted that Teslagrad's retail run didn't sell so well, I don't see why these would do better.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Weird, since FuturLab did ask last year if people were intested in a LRG print for the game. I guess there must be another competitor entering the business.

Also, what happened to DrinkBox games on LRG?
Weren't there rumors of a DrinkBox physical collection?

Zenith and Anima: Gate of Memories (both PS4).
But I actually think Badland and PQube are one and the same company. Or both subsidiaries of the same holding or something. And PQube has an extensive record of Vita releases by now.

Ephidel

At retail it tends to be PS4 games. OlliOlli: Epic Combo Edition and OlliOlli2 are probably the main ones people will have heard of.
Pqube works with them as a distributor sometimes (most of the time), which is why if you look up some of the games they've published (Anima, Dead Synchronicity, Dex, Heart & Slash, Zenith) they're sometimes listed as Pqube games instead, even though the logo is obviously BadLands.

Canadian

I'm having a blast playing through the GoW series on vita. Can anyone recommend any good action games on the system?

Pata

All of them for PS4 and PC unless noticed: Anima: Gate of Memories, OlliOlli (both the Combo release and 2 standalone), Zenith, Heart & Slash, Dex, Ginger Beyond the Crystal and Dead Synchroncity (only PS4). All of them, except OlliOlli and Dex, are Spanish-developed games.

It would be weird that after not releasing OlliOlli on Vita, Badland would publish a Vita retail release of Axiom Verge and Velocity 2X.

But I actually think Badland and PQube are one and the same company. Or both subsidiaries of the same holding or something. And PQube has an extensive record of Vita releases by now.
AFAIK they are not related in any way. Badland is the Spanish distributior of PQube and PQube is the UK distributor of Badland, but nothing more than that.

Top Bottom