• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite (PC/PS4/XB1/Mac, Epic Games) enters early access on July 25

bounchfx

the alpha was REALLY fun when I played it last year. Pretty polished too. Looking forward to seeing how this came out. I'm interested.

Vic_Viper

Was worried about the Art Style at first but man this game looks awesome. Exactly what ive wanted from this style of game. Cannot Wait!

Is there any sort of Single Player mode or free roam where you can keep going back to and expanding upon a fort you built?

Aesthet1c

Looks interesting, but the fact that it's F2P and seemingly designed to perpetuate endless purchase of stuff in order to be played properly--if that Eurogamer stuff is to be believed--makes me go ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :/

This is the exact issue I had with the beta. The original pitch sounded like Minecraft but more focused on combat and base building. The beta honestly felt like the worst of F2P mobile games. Including multiple types of currencies, unlock timers, replaying the same levels over and over to grind xp/money. I haven't played it for a long time so maybe it's different now but I feel like they missed the mark with this one big time.

shmoglish

Ufff.... heard about this game, but it is the first time I saw a trailer. And it looks absolutely fun. Sadly I am 100percent sure that none of my friends is interested in playing this game :/. Maybe the low price helps.

Finaika

image.php

I'm interested. It looks kind of like an expanded take on Sunset Overdrive's multiplayer. I'm afraid this is going to be Battleborn 2.0, though. Maybe I need to check out more impressions.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm interested. It looks kind of like an expanded take on Sunset Overdrive's multiplayer. I'm afraid this is going to be Battleborn 2.0, though. Maybe I need to check out more impressions.

5 years of development only to be the next Battle born...that would be incredibly disappointing to everyone involved. Developers spent 5 years of their life on this game. I seriously couldn't imagine how one would feel.

Was worried about the Art Style at first but man this game looks awesome. Exactly what ive wanted from this style of game. Cannot Wait!

Is there any sort of Single Player mode or free roam where you can keep going back to and expanding upon a fort you built?

You can always return to your main base or whatever it's called in each region. Coop is not forced on you at all, but I recommend it as it's a bit more fun.

It's nothing like battleborn though.

Wow, this looks awesome and fun.

But how do fortress work? Is it linked to each player's instance? Can we play today and continue tomorrow in the same fortress we built?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gameplay looks interesting and diverse, might give it a shot. But it also feels like something I would have enjoyed more around the time it was announced than the kind of games I'm into now.

Vic_Viper

You can always return to your main base or whatever it's called in each region. Coop is not forced on you at all, but I recommend it as it's a bit more fun.

That's exactly what I want to hear! I like to build so being able to just continue building your own personal fort sounds awesome. Like Fallout 4 but with an actual purpose.

Are there any gameplay videos online yet aside from the trailer? Will there be anything from E3?

TI82

Banned
Watching the ign demo, this game looks really fun but I hate how characters are tied to cards instead of making whatever character you want and having like armor and cosmetics for the stats.

BigEmil

Thought this would be a proper single player game at first :/
Might just get Agents of Mayhem instead

Looks good... but it also looks like it will have it's fair share of the usual F2P trappings which I'm not the biggest fan of these days. I'm F2P'd out. I will check it out eventually though.

VexyWexy

Can anyone clarify if buying the Founder's Packs on PS4 lets you play the game now? The description says "game access" but I thought they said early access was in July?

Looking really damn cool. So a concrete release date hasn't yet been given? This game is a long time in the making. I remember a trailer several years ago.

Vic_Viper

Apparently this will be free to play in 2018 according to the interview in that first video a few posts above this! Still buying day one but that's great news.

Vic_Viper

Anyone here buy the PC version from Epic's site yet? I know its not out yet but I was wondering how it worked so I can figure out how to buy it as a gift for someone.

Does buying it from Epic's site give you a CD Key?

Hope this thread isnt an indication for the level of hype for this game atm lol. Been really looking forward to playing but if the game is as dead as this thread its going to be a really bad launch. Hopefully once its out people will be more interested :(

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Date clarifications, since I saw two people mention it:

- Official paid early access launch on PS4, X1, PC, and Mac starts on July 25!
- You can play in the "head start" starting on July 21 if you pre-order the game before July 21!
- Free to play in 2018

Hope that helps. Can't wait to play with everyone. :)

I'm not liking the way epic are handling this game.

Keeping info under nda, even after the early access announcement, showing zero footage of the console versions and now we find out they have kept an ultimate edition from us which will be announced just prior to release, a big fuck you to those that have already purchased.

WTF!

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
I'm not liking the way epic are handling this game.

Keeping info under nda, even after the early access announcement, showing zero footage of the console versions and now we find out they have kept an ultimate edition from us which will be announced just prior to release, a big fuck you to those that have already purchased.

WTF!

There is an Ultimate Edition. We will be releasing more information on it as we approach Early Access. You can upgrade your packs in-game as soon as Early Access begins. Purchasing any pack doesn't disqualify you from upgrading to another pack after launch.

As for the footage, there's a fairly involved process (for better or for worse) for capturing footage that we can easily release. That said, we had the game running on X1 and PS4 Pro in our meeting space at E3 and, while you don't have to take my word for it, they both look great.

There is an Ultimate Edition. We will be releasing more information on it as we approach Early Access. You can upgrade your packs in-game as soon as Early Access begins. Purchasing any pack doesn't disqualify you from upgrading to another pack after launch.

As for the footage, there's a fairly involved process (for better or for worse) for capturing footage that we can easily release. That said, we had the game running on X1 and PS4 Pro in our meeting space at E3 and, while you don't have to take my word for it, they both look great.

So glad to hear about the upgrade system. Thank you.

The ultimate edition will be mine :)

J3ffro

Today marks a fortnight until the Fortnite head start opens up.

As much as I hate myself for making that statement, I think I'm more hyped for this game than anything coming this year.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this. Idk why though. lol.

Maybe it's the combination of art style and being third person with actually decent animation. Whatever it is, has my attention.

J3ffro

Not everything NEEDS to be on Steam

Yup. I'd prefer it to be on Steam, but I'm not going to skip a game I've been looking forward to for years for not being there. I have confidence Epic has the abilities to keep the servers running, so the only thing I'm missing out on is friends list or achievements.

Top Bottom