• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III new scans

king zell

up116170.jpg

up116171.jpg

i was wondreng if we gonna see a DS FF3 Bundle ?

I love Final Fantasy and all, but I'm a little dissapointed. It looks great for a DS game, but seems Square pulled off much better on the PSOne.

Amir0x

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
true... and littletokyo can see them well enough to hate on... damn superman vision I tell you

well you don't need to see the shots to know that, it's 3D on DS after all

that said, i can't tell what the content of the images is which is the important part :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
cvxfreak said:
Anyone know if the original FFIII is gonna be an unlockable or something?
Pretty sure it was confirmed by some guy from SE several months ago.

Doogdogg

nacmo to release tales of tempest same day as ff3. i'd get another good laugh when namco announced their sale gestimate.

Mr_Moogle

This game is going to be great and I'm gonna buy it on day one but I was a little dissapointed in the magic effects like Fire at E3. They look a little bland from the movies I've seen. Can anybody tell me how this game holds up graphically when your actually playing it?

Are the backgrounds on the battle screen, static images or is there some animation?

ethelred

king zell said:
rune factory to be released the same day also :)

Wow, Rune Factory is the same day, too? Damn, this is disappointing. :/

I want all three of these games to do extremely well so that we get more like them (I'm already sure that Metal Saga DS is getting slaughtered this week and will sell like absolute shit, which I hate), and with three on one day, at least one and probably two are going to get the shaft.

Damn.

Doogdogg

Kroole said:
Nope. It's a Harvest Moon goes monster farming type of game. Seems promising.

If only they make another HVM that is as good as the original SNES game......! HM64 and the one for GC disapointed me big time.

btw does anyone know of the game I was shouting out earlier? name of it?

Hwoaranga said:
Desch, have you already seen him in the original title?

He was in the original for a small part of the game. There are NPC's that tag along with the party but don't fight; they leave after they've done whatever they were meant to. Desch is one of them.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
It's hard to see.

Anyway, can't wait for this gem to hit the US.

ethelred said:
Wow, Rune Factory is the same day, too? Damn, this is disappointing. :/

I want all three of these games to do extremely well so that we get more like them (I'm already sure that Metal Saga DS is getting slaughtered this week and will sell like absolute shit, which I hate), and with three on one day, at least one and probably two are going to get the shaft.

If I'm not misreading things, I think we just established in the Tales disappointment thread that Tempest is actually coming out in October, not August as we previously suspected. So that's one down, and I kinda doubt that Rune Factory is meaningfully competing with FFIII in a way that'll screw it out of sales.

Jonnyram

Sorry for the cutoff at the side... my desk is a mess right now so it's hard to scan :)

There's four pages on FF3 in Nintendo Dream this month, including quite a bit about changing jobs.

Smiles and Cries said:
true... and littletokyo can see them well enough to hate on... damn superman vision I tell you

Okay, it looks better than S-E's PSOne stuff... DS ftw? God, you people are pathetic at times...

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Sorry for the cutoff at the side... my desk is a mess right now so it's hard to scan :)

There's four pages on FF3 in Nintendo Dream this month, including quite a bit about changing jobs.

they should not use the face closeup like in the upper pic, pixel city youch

otherwise, pretty nice for a DS 3D - also, there's a world map and it says 'touch screen' - what does it say next to it?

Jonnyram

Amir0x said:
also, there's a world map and it says 'touch screen' - what does it say next to it?
Your party is represented by one member on the world map, which you control, but sub-members will also appear on the map, following your party around. In this case, Desch. He also appears to fight alongside you in battles, though you can't control him.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Your party is represented by one member on the world map, which you control, but sub-members will also appear on the map, following your party around. In this case, Desch. He also appears to fight alongside you in battles, though you can't control him.

ah, i thought it was some neat touch screen world map thing :<

thanks

Jonnyram

Amir0x said:
ah, i thought it was some neat touch screen world map thing :<

thanks
Ah, no. Nintendo Dream always writes Touch Screen and Upper Screen on the DS shots when they separate them. The alarming thing is that everything seems to be on the Touch Screen for FFIII, even the movies.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Ah, no. Nintendo Dream always writes Touch Screen and Upper Screen on the DS shots when they separate them. The alarming thing is that everything seems to be on the Touch Screen for FFIII, even the movies.

oh ok that's good to know for when i look at future scans :lol

anyway, you're right... they all say touch screen. Interesting. So nothing happens on the other screen?

Nothing at all on the other screen. (At E3, is was all black.) The idea is concentrate all the computing/rendering power on one screen for max. performance, or so we're told.

I see they're keeping the Amano art for the existing characters (i.e., Desch); the Yoshida designs appear to be for the four new protagonist characters only.

Jiggy

Jonnyram said:
Your party is represented by one member on the world map, which you control
So you're saying that we can rearrange the party order?

This is honestly important to me, because I just may be shallow enough to refuse to buy the game if I have to watch some girly-looking guy run around for the whole quest. I couldn't even do that with Claude in Star Ocean 2, and he's not that girly-looking (much less sounding) and it's my third favorite game ever, never mind something totally untested like FF3.

Top Bottom