• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

zkylon said:
Their support service is great. I always had my issues (usually dumb things like not knowing where to put the DX GOTY voucher) solved within the day. Maybe you caught them on a busy day?

Well, they still didn't reply to my email, but since I got my key already, I guess I don't care anymore :p

Ledsen

Metalmurphy said:
U probably got tons of pms already, but heres mine

You shouldn't post it in the thread like that, do it in a PM :)

Oh, and I am also more than willing to give out my referral link to anyone, so please PM me if you want one!

Ledsen said:
You shouldn't post it in the thread like that, do it in a PM :)

Oh, and I am also more than willing to give out my referral link to anyone, so please PM me if you want one!

Meh, I don't think anyone can do any harm with it.

wilflare said:
think it charges now :D
Yeah, they charged right away with Dead Island as well.

Tallshortman said:
Man it's annoying I have to call my bank/get called every time I buy from GMG. Can't beat those prices though.

Couldn't you have them put it on a list of approved vendors?

DoctorWho said:
Couldn't you have them put it on a list of approved vendors?

My useless bank claims they aren't able to do that. I called immediately after my purchase of Deus Ex yesterday and after being on hold for 20 minutes they said I will just have to wait for them to freeze my account and then call back. I think it's time to find a new bank.

Baha

A couple of Dead Island keys aren't working so just send them a support ticket with your country and they should fix it.

Heavy said:
http://www.greenmangaming.com
Sept 1st update: Most of the 20% off codes are expired (except this one: 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS) but there are certain game-specific 20% codes that won't expire till release day you can use in case the last of the 20% of any game codes expire. Here is one for Dead Island that I just used myself:
READY-UPDEA-ISLAN

Is there a thread for Green Man Gaming deals? If so, please link and close this. My Google-Fu has failed me yet again... did several searches and found nothing.

Well, apparently the 20% off coupon codes are expiring today (20PEC-FACEB-SAVER currently works as of 7:45am eastern) Some potential prices in U.S. dollars:

Assassin's Creed Revelations: $33.96
Batman Arkham City: $33.96
Red Orchestra 2: $27.16
Dead Island: $33.96
Driver San Francisco: $33.96

These prices are outrageous. I bought Deus Ex HR from them for 28 fuckin' dollars. Does anyone know if they charge your card immediately or wait until release day? Any other thoughts on GMG...

DAMN. ACR is only 33? Man these guys are giving Key Sellers a run for their money. I guess they are going loss leader at first to get attention. I wonder who is funding them so far.

Thanks for the thread though! I thought DXHR was going to be a fluke or something!

Torraz

I'd be so all over arkham asylum were it not for GFWL. Amazing prices though, I hope they manage to keep it up.

Ywap

I just created an account on greenmangaming and plan on buying Dead Island. I haven´t really checked that referral thing yet but if anyone send me a PM with the code i will look into it. Thanks :)

Herla

Ywap said:
I just created an account on greenmangaming and plan on buying Dead Island. I haven´t really checked that referral thing yet but if anyone send me a PM with the code i will look into it. Thanks :)

I sent you a PM, but you'll have to create an account with that link if you want it to work

Ywap

Ahh, so i have to create a new account. Well, that shouldn´t be a problem.

Akkad was first so i will use his referral (thanks :) ) if i get this to work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, I've never worked with GMG before. I take it their work internationally? Like if I buy BAC from them, I'll get the code before or the day that it launches in US?(no idea if it's same day worldwide launch)

And I take it I have to pay as soon as I pre order, a la Steam?

zoner said:
So, I've never worked with GMG before. I take it their work internationally? Like if I buy BAC from them, I'll get the code before or the day that it launches in US?(no idea if it's same day worldwide launch)

Yes they work internationally. It depends on the game when you will get the code, but it will be before the day of release. Not sure about when they take payment.

Herla

zoner said:

I got Human Revolution from them and they sent me the code before it released in the US, but I don't know if it's the same for every game...

And yes, you pay the moment you preorder.

wilflare

zoner said:

when you get the code is dependent on when they get the codes from the publisher -this differs from game to game)

so far, we were able to get the keys early enough to preload (a day later than steam's preload date) for Deus Ex: HR and Dead Island.

their codes seem to have no regional restrictions/censorship but it is strongly suggested that this is taken as a case to case basis (check their forums, dead island seems to be causing issues in Germany)

whereas for activation, it is dependent on where you are. (look at ur Steam store page for the game, it will tell you when your game will unlock despite you having gotten them from GMG)

Ywap

Sorry if i´m a little slow here. The referral link takes me to the original greenmangaming site but that´s normal i suppose?

After that i just create a new account and that´s it?

zoner said:
If anyone wants to send me a referral, that'd be cool. The one I tried to use didn't work.

The one I sent you does work. You just have to sign up after clicking on that URL. The affiliate link uses a single session 'cookie' and so any registrations must be completed at the time the referral link is clicked to ensure that the referral is tracked.

Chesskid1

Banned
do the preorder prices for games go away as soon as they are released? dead island will be full price?

i'm interested in the game but dont have faith it'll be good enough to buy yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Flunkie said:
Oh yeah, this is going to be one of my favorite threads. Oh yeah.

Oh yeah.
How much longer does this easy money truck flow for GMG though?

I would get Revelations, but I know Ubi will fuck PC, so I'll just buy it on 360. Hoping for a Sonic Generations preorder to show up

SlickVic

Hope they get Saints Row The Third. After how bad SR2 ran on my comp, not sure how much I trust SR3 to be better (even if the PC version is being developed in house this time), I got about $10 in credit from them at the moment and not sure what else to get.

Card Boy

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
do the preorder prices for games go away as soon as they are released? dead island will be full price?

i'm interested in the game but dont have faith it'll be good enough to buy yet.

It will go full price once it releases or 1 or 2 bucks under full price to undercut Steam, but you always have those 20% coupons. So you will be paying $39.99 instead of $33.96 after release with the 20% coupon.

Also their Facebook page is a good place for exclusive FB codes not on their website. (they have none up at the moment)

wilflare

shagg_187 said:
How do you change the currency to US Dollars?

hmm. can email Support to help you look into it if you are a region that is supposed to have USD.
else, try using a US VPN.
thirdly, haha PM/Steam me if you need further help haha! :D

and yea, need help with euro pricing and need a ref? PM me

trinest

Wait are we pm'n eachother if others don't have accounts and giving them our referal links? If thats the case I'll hook up people with mine ;)

I accuarly don't mind Green Man Gaming, made an account awhile ago but I never really bought anything big from them. I bought Tropico 4 as a preorder and pretty happy with the service.

Echoplx

trinest said:
Wait are we pm'n eachother if others don't have accounts and giving them our referal links? If thats the case I'll hook up people removed;)

Everyone is trying to get a referral these days, it doesn't stop them from being banned here, keep it to PM.

wilflare

3chopl0x said:
Everyone is trying to get a referral these days, it doesn't stop them from being banned here, keep it to PM.

guess the pain of losing subscriptions does dig in. apologies!

GMG, please get Space Marine up soooooon

Echoplx

wilflare said:
guess the pain of losing subscriptions does dig in.

The fuck does that even mean?

I can't be the only one getting sick of this constant referral spamming that goes on whenever GMG is mentioned.

wilflare

3chopl0x said:
The fuck does that even mean?

I can't be the only one getting sick of this constant referral spamming that goes on whenever GMG is mentioned.

sorry.. wasn't meant to be a dig at you, more of a tongue-in-cheek. guess i wasn't thinking straight, my apologies.

as long as the referrals are kept to PMs, i guess it should be fine. (i hope)

froliq

wilflare said:
hmm. can email Support to help you look into it if you are a region that is supposed to have USD.
else, try using a US VPN.
thirdly, haha PM/Steam me if you need further help haha! :D

and yea, need help with euro pricing and need a ref? PM me
It's possible to gift games from GMG? I assume it's without the 20% discount though if it's 1 time use.

wilflare

froliq said:
It's possible to gift games from GMG? I assume it's without the 20% discount though if it's 1 time use.

GMG's gifting system has yet to be set up. so for now, it's still not possible :/

Top Bottom