• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Exactly the same here - secretly hoping it'll just turn up today but fully expecting to get it tomorrow

So excited for this game!
At the worst I'm going to moan at Amazon tomorrow for breaking their Prime rules by sending a next day delivery on a non next day service.

Ah well, still getting the weekend with Crash :)
In which levels do you think you could feasibly place highly on the leader boards? I'm really looking forward to trying to crack some records. Especially on a couple of Crash 1 levels like the bridges.

Mostly though I think Crash 3 levels will be the most fun to speedrun, considering it was the game to implement them first.
I remember playing Crash 3 as a kid and me and my father would fight over the best time on the first bike level. So much fun.
33 year old me is nowhere near the skill of 13-15 year old me so I'm not expecting miracles.

Hoping to be semi competitive on the bike races and the water stuff.

Ludens

Banned
What about Lost Trasure DLC?
Is it included or Activision really will release a dlc for a remastered of a 20 years old game?

Banzai

33 year old me is nowhere near the skill of 13-15 year old me so I'm not expecting miracles.

Hoping to be semi competitive on the bike races and the water stuff.

Crash's controls aren't overly complicated, I think it'll come back like riding a bike. I recently booted up Crash 1 in anticipation and got all boxes, no deaths on Slippery Climb on the first try.

I'm interested how the vehicle/riding levels work out. Stuff like hog riding in Crash 1 must have leaderboards with differences in microseconds.

Stop It

Crash's controls aren't overly complicated, I think it'll come back like riding a bike. I recently booted up Crash 1 in anticipation and got all boxes, no deaths on Slippery Climb on the first try.

I'm interested how the vehicle/riding levels work out. Stuff like hog riding in Crash 1 must have leaderboards with differences in microseconds.
Here's hoping.

The crash series was one of the first non racing game where I took time trialing seriously so you never know.

Feel free to hit me up on PSN if you want to see my pathetic attempts on the leaderboards.

Tizoc

I have no idea what PDT means, but I am hype to play this collection tomorrow =D
My brother loved the bike stages in Crash 3 so I'ma play that and unlock up til world 2 and let him do them

Banzai

Feel free to hit me up on PSN if you want to see my pathetic attempts on the leaderboards.

Will do. Maybe we could start a PSN community to compare neogaf scores? I have no idea how these communites work, haven't used them at all.

By the way, I don't need ps+ to see leaderboards, do I? That would seriously rain on my parade.

Indelible

I loved these games as a kid, especially Warped which is a classic. should be fun to get the platinum trophies for all three games.

Stop It

Will do. Maybe we could start a PSN community to compare neogaf scores? I have no idea how these communites work, haven't used them at all.

By the way, I don't need ps+ to see leaderboards, do I? That would seriously rain on my parade.
I don't think you do, no.

I've never used the PS community things either, maybe time to start? :)
So hyped! Playing this all day with my girlfriend tomorrow.
Is it just me or is Crash almost the perfect game to play with a partner or friend? It's almost like it was designed for "Pass the controller" play with the way the levels were designed and paced.

I have been waiting for this moment for so long. The game should have arrived by the time I get back from work tonight. Hyped is an understatement.

CRASH IS BACKKKKK!

p.s I really, really, really hope this sells well.

TheOGB

Banned
Is it just me or is Crash almost the perfect game to play with a partner or friend? It's almost like it was designed for "Pass the controller" play with the way the levels were designed and paced.
They really are. One of my fondest memories of these games is the time my brother and I convinced my mom to play the Hog Wild level in Crash 1. She hooted and hollered, leaned into every turn, and shrieked every time she died. It was an absolute riot. After that evening the Crash games became a part of our family game night rotation.

I'm gonna get them all to play the remaster this weekend. They're all looking forward to it. 😁

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I'm so excited for this game. I honestly haven't felt this way about a game in such a long time!

Right in the nostalgia! Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

Just got mine

Anyone hoping to play crash 2 or 3 first will have an extra wait. They install in order.

Also a super tiny patch was there.

Debating on if I should buy this tomorrow. Was just going to get Ratchet off PSN and don't really have the budget for Crash but can swing it if I really want to. Trying to decide if it will drop in price quickly...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Debating on if I should buy this tomorrow. Was just going to get Ratchet off PSN and don't really have the budget for Crash but can swing it if I really want to. Trying to decide if it will drop in price quickly...

Yeah, I've decided to hold off for the time being as I'm currently halfway through GTA5 and, as far as the PS4 in particular is concerned, still need to finish Horizon.

Nesther

Just got mine

Anyone hoping to play crash 2 or 3 first will have an extra wait. They install in order.

Also a super tiny patch was there.

Have you gotten any relics yet? I thought I'd have to go through time trials to get them, but alas nothing happens.

Edit: Nvm, checking the leaderboards shows you what time you need to achieve for the relics. I must be doing something really wrong as I'm almost 10 seconds away from platinum relics, haha.

Gah... Amazon just updated their delivery date to July 4th which certainly isn't going to happen due to the holiday. Guess I won't get the game for awhile. lol Must be doing very well!

silva1991

What does the 'N' mean in 'N. Sane'?

The main villain I think ?
latest

TP-DK

Awesome OT, great job!

Ive bought it digital as I know this will be one of those games I sometimes will just play a level or 2 of.

What does the 'N' mean in 'N. Sane'?

The series has a bit of a running theme of abbreviating things that start with N and making the abbreviation into a different word.

Nitrus Brio = N.Brio (sounds like embryo)

Nefarious Tropy = N.Tropy (Entropy)

Or sometimes it's the only name given for them, like N. Gin or N. Tranced (who isn't in these games)

Etc etc.

The one the title most directly refers to is the name of the first of the three islands in the game, North Sanity Island, which of course becomes N.Sanity Island (and thus N.Sanity Beach.)

As said above, N. Cortex is the main villain, but interestingly enough his name is the exception, not the rule, as his full name is the one that has the meaning and not the other way around like the other villains. (Neo Cortex = Neocortex).

Undrey

I expect a lot of "gameplay hasn't aged well" or "stuck in the past" and lower scores, like every non-Nintendo platformer these days.

That said, I don't think scores will affect the sales that much, whoever's played the games when they first came out will know if they want the trilogy or not.

Top Bottom