• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct trailer

Alex

This game befuddles me completely, I just need to know more about what there is all to it outside of basic combat footage, especially if it's a 60 dollar game. It looks very pretty but I just feel like I know nothing about it despite watching several videos.

some gifs, any requests?
dragonsnthings16uva.gif

awesomestuffmxu0s.gif

This game befuddles me completely, I just need to know more about what there is all to it outside of basic combat footage, especially if it's a 60 dollar game.

Same.

It seems interesting, but I have no idea who this game is for (aside from Hideki Kamiya fans).

It's not going to sell well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
10/10

Day one. Most hyped game on the system by far.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh yes please, delicious colourful comic book-style OTT action brawling, just pour it into my eyeballs right now.

That slide bit at the end makes me squee with delight. I hope there's more of that silliness throughout the whole game. :D

Yes, this game looks fucking vibrant outside of the awesome looking combat. It just oozes style. I wish we got a date though. Iwata made it sound like it was coming out after Pikmin 3.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
But does it looks $60 good?

Yes? If a game looks fun and full of replay value then any game can be $60 good. To me it looks as packed as Viewtiful Joe, and that was a game I still pick up today and feel so much joy from playing.

Dascu

Looks insanely cool and fun. I must admit I had a little bit of apprehension towards the game when it was first shown; it looked a bit simplistic and dull, other than the colorful art style. But later trailers, especially this one, and gameplay footage have made the game one of my most anticipated releases for this year.

Alrus

Game looks great and that little water slide moment was really charming. I'm really excited for this one!

beje

Banned
What I really noticed at first was a huge bump in the mini-characters details and textures since the first trailer. Clearly the game needed some extra time in the oven.

Ridley327

What I really noticed at first was a huge bump in the mini-characters details and textures since the first trailer. Clearly the game needed some extra time in the oven.

It's kinda crazy how far this game has come visually after I played the demo for it, especially once 60 fps was confirmed. It's certainly been getting the treatment it deserves.

Neiteio

The bit with the water slide at the end made me laugh aloud. They sound so happy!

EDIT: Saw the trailer twice and didn't catch how they're ON the jet formation until that GIF, lol.

zroid

Banned
I was hoping we'd see some more environmental variety in this trailer, but still looks as good as ever

also water slides are a megaton!

Mdk7

So much WANT.
Plus i've played it twice, and despite being far from immediate it's AWESOME as you understand how to play it properly.

jett

D-Member
I think right now this is by far the best looking and most promising Wii U title on the horizon. And it's 60fps too!

HeySeuss

Game looks like good fun but a killer app for the WiiU this ain't. This won't resonate with mainstream and will just be another Platinum niche game for the hardcore. Don't get me wrong, I will pick this up but let's not get carried away here. It's not a system seller outside of a few hardcore holdouts.

Neiteio

This one is so awesome

Reminds me a bit of smash bros in how the playing field is a bit static but the background is moving and dynamic
Yeah, speaking of which, as the camera whirls around in the jet GIF, I like how many of the skyscrapers have grass rooftops -- and then even more skyscrapers on top of them.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The Viewtiful 101 keeps on looking wonderful, getting it day one whether I already got a WiiU by then or not.

Valnen

I can't help but feel the target audience is 8 year olds so I'd probably be embarrassed playing it, but it looks fun.

Neiteio

I can't help but feel the target audience is 8 year olds so I'd probably be embarrassed playing it, but it looks fun.
You have killer robots blowing up jets and hyper-beaming cities. The civilian death toll is probably catastrophic compared to a Mario game. :O

Top Bottom