• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catalogue site Very selling Wii U Gamepads on there own

jarosh

very said:
Useful info:

6.2 inch touch screen (854 x 480)
Regular button layout on the edges
1.3 megapixel front-facing camera with mic
Stereo speakers
NFC and Bluetooth
Stylus support
Compatible with the Nintendo 3DS as a controller
Wii U GamePad - White

Tagg9

Where did they get so many Gamepads? Are these guys the thieves that took off with $2 million dollars worth of consoles?

Z3M0G

What if they ARE the stolen systems... and they are trying to sell the controllers with the false info that they work with 3DS, and they sell the console separately with the (false) promise that it will work with old Wii Controllers?

lol

What if they ARE the stolen systems... and they are trying to sell the controllers with the false info that they work with 3DS, and they sell the console separately with the (false) promise that it will work with old Wii Controllers?

lol

I think the console's have unique ID's and can be traced when they start popping up online.

The controllers, on the other hand, I think are easier to put out there discretely.

Even if they scrap all the consoles, and sell just the 'tablet's' they would still make a killing, and now that I think about it, I feel that something like this is quite probable.

Rapstah

It can also be used as the main screen if the TV is being used by someone else and there are small downloadable games such as chess and backgammon available for the GamePad alone.
What the hell?

Does this mean the site got a shipment of actual Wii U consoles and unpacked them to sell the controllers separately? What do they think the consoles are? Wiis?

liger05

What the hell?

Does this mean the site got a shipment of actual Wii U consoles and unpacked them to sell the controllers separately? What do they think the consoles are? Wiis?

Isnt that the only way as where else would they get the pads from?

It can also be used as the main screen if the TV is being used by someone else and there are small downloadable games such as chess and backgammon available for the GamePad alone.

What. I don't even think there is a chess or backgammon game on the Wii U Eshop at the moment is there? I think they might have shown it in a trailer once but why would the website single those two games out as the major game releases for the gamepad?

Zomba13

You'd think a site selling this stuff would at least read the packaging of the thing and notice that it actually comes with a white box that is needed for this thing to work.

How are they even going to sell these? will they package them in their own boxes? Can't they get done for false advertisement? What are they going to do with all the basic Wii U consoles? Make a Wii IglU?

stuminus3

Very is a legitimate site, they are basically a rebranded Littlewoods Direct (and Littlewoods themselves were a large, reputable department store chain in the UK). Think like Sears or something for you guys in North America. It's 'very' funny to me that you guys think they're selling stolen gear... :-D

My money is on that this is just a mistake of some kind and if you tried to order one you wouldn't actually get it.

EDIT: a little more info on the owners of this site here.

someone bite the bullet and order one. I'd do it, but I'm almost completely tapped out after buying all my christmas presents.

Very are legitimate in the sense that they exist, but they are not reputable. Nowhere near the level of Sears.

Wouldn't be surprised if the listed resulted in no orders being fulfilled.

C-Drive

Isn't this a good thing for folks who have busted/stolen gamepads? Last I checked Nintendo wasn't even selling them for customer support purposes.

Sounds fishy. I doubt Nintendo would sell them individually to stores. Either they're stolen or they don't have them, probably the latter.

Sounds fishy. I doubt Nintendo would sell them individually to stores. Either they're stolen or they don't have them, probably the latter.

or, they took the gamepads out of the basic pack and are selling them individually, not realising that the gamepad is vital to the wii u actually working.

I hope it's not that, but that's the why I can see them selling the gamepad.

stuminus3

or, they took the gamepads out of the basic pack and are selling them individually, not realising that the gamepad is vital to the wii u actually working.

I hope it's not that, but that's the why I can see them selling the gamepad.
I'd almost willing to go as far as betting a testicle that they did no such thing. This isn't some cheap web store run out of a dingy closet in a back alley. Seriously, this is no doubt just a mistake, and the blurb is probably something some web designer threw together for a test page one day.

I'd almost willing to go as far as betting a testicle that they did no such thing. This isn't some cheap web store run out of a dingy closet in a back alley. Seriously, this is no doubt just a mistake, and the blurb is probably something some web designer threw together for a test page one day.

I think you're right. the only way to know for sure is for someone to order one and see what happens.

Top Bottom