• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

Edit: Thanks for bringing up the quote Nirolak. :)

"We've made a few bets on Wii U actually so we're certainly hoping it does well. In addition to ME3 we have an original Wii U title in development, and we've started on another big game in a well known franchise that will be released in 2013." - CEO Tom Crago

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/chris-slater/36/138/41b

Technical Project Manager
StraightRight

June 2012 – Present (5 months) Melbourne Area, Australia

Working for Straight Right on a short term contract, porting a triple-A Square Enix game to the yet-to-be-released Wii U platform.

Responsibilities included:

* Editing and completing Project Management documentation (TDD and Risk Analysis)
* Producing Project Plan documentation
* Task allocation and resource balancing
* Resource integration (as the team grew from 2 developers to 5 developers, one designer and one artist)
* Producing Weekly Progress Reports for stakeholders
* Compiling deliverables and deliverable documentation for a prototype
* Liaising with project sponsors
* Risk Management

Place your bets, the winner gets absolutely nothing!

Sleeping Dogs? Tomb Raider? Surely it ain't a SE JP game.

Edit: 2012 and beyond SE games not from JP (correct me if wrong):

Deus EX: Human Revolution
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Tomb Raider

It's that trilogy of RPGs that every other system has... they heard you wanted it... value for your money... THE LIGHTNING TRILOGY! LIGHTNING STRIKES THRICE! ONLY U CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE!

Ein Bear

I'd guess Tomb Raider. Having a Wii U version out day one seems like a better idea than a months-late port of Sleeping Dogs or whatever.

Roo

I'd guess Tomb Raider. Having a Wii U version out day one seems like a better idea than a months-late port of Sleeping Dogs or whatever.

I don't think it will make it for launch...
launch window in the other hand makes more sense

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"We've made a few bets on Wii U actually so we're certainly hoping it does well. In addition to ME3 we have an original Wii U title in development, and we've started on another big game in a well known franchise that will be released in 2013." - CEO Tom Crago

From go nintendo.

Presumably Tomb Raider then unless it's a late port.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

From go nintendo.

Presumably Tomb Raider then unless it's a late port.

Yah that sounds like Tomb Raider.

antonz

Tomb Raider seems like the smartest bet for SE if they are going to do a title. Studio seems to be competent enough so that's a positive.

King_Moc

Banned
Well, i'm hoping for FFXIV, with cross platform play. I'd like to be able to play it in bed.

But, then that would involve it linking up with the PS3 version, so unlikely.

Eusis

Yeah, I'm thinking it's one of three things:

Hitman: Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider

Deus Ex and anything else older than that is just too old... and while technically I guess Arkham Asylum counts I'd think we'd have heard of that with Arkham City (and it'd be WB now anyway).

trinest

Sleeping Dogs with all the DLC and exlusives would make me buy it again.

Just saying :p

Oh and my guess is:

The World Ends with You.

Surprised that Square didn't choose Nixxes to do this (assuming that it's TR). They're usually the go to developer when it comes to porting Crystal Dynamics titles.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Sleeping Dogs or Tomb Raider seem most likely. I'd prefer Tomb Raider of the two (provided it turns out to be a good game).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Never Asked For This Edition

Truth be told, the UPad would actually really "augment" the game...

Burnburn

I still feel bad for these guys. Porting ME3 when there is a trilogy coming...

I hope this is a project that will actually hit on time, and not way after the "initial" game has been released.

Eusis

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Never Asked For This Edition

Truth be told, the UPad would actually really "augment" the game...
Yeah, to be honest Deus Ex would actually be the most exciting, but since it's also the least likely of actual AAA games I definitely don't expect it.
Can I be really boring and guess dragon quest 10
They're probably working on it internally, or at least not with a western studio. I'm expecting "Eidos" stuff here.

EDIT: Put in the opposite of what I wanted to!

Top Bottom