• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Uh wouldn't having both warp and overload be quite important as they can take out both defensive layer types and tech armor allows them to hold their own in a fight. Judging by how tough some of the later enemies are being able to quickly take out their Shields or barriers seems pretty valuable.

And Asari Adepts have nothing to set up Biotic Explosions with, so again, quite a big hit.

Asari adepts can hit enemies with stasis or warp, and then use warp or throw to invoke the explosion. Playing as a high-level Asari adept is basically a constant cavalcade of biotic explosions.

jediyoshi

What are the Drell Adept and Vanguard like?
Drell initial melee attack is a sweet kick. Pretty badass feeling to charge, pump a round or two, melee, and backflip outta there. Cluster grenades are pretty useful for enemies with riot shields, haven't really found an efficient way to deal with them outside of using those.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Added errbody to the the list, and tried to add all the Origin players. A couple didn't. Make sure to check the list for errors and let me know what needs to be changed.

JambiBum

Drell initial melee attack is a sweet kick. Pretty badass feeling to charge, pump a round or two, melee, and backflip outta there. Cluster grenades are pretty useful for enemies with riot shields, haven't really found an efficient way to deal with them outside of using those.

Sniper to the head through the little slit in their shield works just fine for me.

exYle

I swear, Infiltrators are useless now. Why would they nerf the sniper rifle? Extra reload time (from ME2) AND no longer a one-hit kill. What's the point if you can't get a kill without cloaking anymore?

EYEL1NER

I think I prefer Horde 2.0 to this, but the MP in ME3 isn't bad at all.
About my only complaint is that there is no one out there playing on 360 hardly, so I called it a night. I did have a match that was pretty good. Me and two randoms made it to wave 10 before dying. Looked like they knew what they were doing, but I was still feeling everything out.

I don't know how I feel about buying packs of new items/perks/weapons with creds though.
I don't play much MP online, but I will devote some time to this upon release and I look forward to more people getting in and playing online this week.

I was going to have to wait until tomorrow but some guy on CAG gave me a code.

JambiBum

I swear, Infiltrators are useless now. Why would they nerf the sniper rifle? Extra reload time (from ME2) AND no longer a one-hit kill. What's the point if you can't get a kill without cloaking anymore?

Headshots are a one hit kill. I do it all the damn time as an infiltrator.

exYle

Headshots are a one hit kill. I do it all the damn time as an infiltrator.

Yes, but the risk of wasting a shot is annoyingly high when targeting a moving enemy - which I find is more often than not. The risk/reward just ain't there, if you ask me.
What's wrong with one-hit chest shots? They existed in ME2, and made the Infiltrator a much more enjoyable class.

McNerdBurger

Neo Member
Once you upgrade or mod your mantis, you`ll get the one hit kills. Also, there is a skill tree that boosts weapon damage, so that`ll do it too.

Dartastic

Yeah. Kinda confused. Apparently people already have this, so how do I go about downloading it? I have my BF3 multiplayer pass, and I'm on 360. Trying to figure this out. -.-

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah. Kinda confused. Apparently people already have this, so how do I go about downloading it? I have my BF3 multiplayer pass, and I'm on 360. Trying to figure this out. -.-

You cant unless you scored a code from the Facebook app or something. People who got early access to the demo are now able to play online, if they've got a BF3 online pass. If you don't have early access to the demo, but do have a BF3 online pass, you'll be able to play in ~12 or so hours when the demo goes officially live.

Havok

After playing another couple hours, I'm glad to say that this completely surprised me with how good it is. Only a level 8 infiltrator so far, but sniping Guardians in their stupid eye slits feels so damn satisfying. There are so many ammo boxes that I never feel like I'm running low with the Mantis, so I think I'll try running without a sidearm and just be able to cloak constantly (which is so incredibly useful for reviving bad vanguards who charge into everything willy nilly).

The loot mechanic is really neat, I kind of wish it gave you fewer consumables and more class stuff because I'm a terrible consumable hoarder.

Acidote

You cant unless you scored a code from the Facebook app or something. People who got early access to the demo are now able to play online, if they've got a BF3 online pass. If you don't have early access to the demo, but do have a BF3 online pass, you'll be able to play in ~12 or so hours when the demo goes officially live.

Does the BF3 PC version counts? I don't think so but... :(

_woLf

Add me to the list for both Origin and Xbox 360. Will get demo on both.

Xbox: x Delta Wolf x
Origin: liquidwoLf

masterkajo

I have a short question for people already playing the multiplayer. Are there any spoilers in (from the demo title screen up to playing the multiplayer: enemies, locations etc) that spoil the single player experience? I have been on a blackout ever since the VGAs very first annoucement trailer and harldy know anything about the third game.

I don't mind to see unknown enemies or locations just as long as there is no explanation or connection to the single player.

Thank you very much.

Arjen

I have a short question for people already playing the multiplayer. Are there any spoilers in (from the demo title screen up to playing the multiplayer: enemies, locations etc) that spoil the single player experience? I have been on a blackout ever since the VGAs very first annoucement trailer and harldy know anything about the third game.

I don't mind to see unknown enemies or locations just as long as there is no explanation or connection to the single player.

Thank you very much.

Well if you're on a real media blackout, the enemy could be a spoiler.
Although i don't really think it's a big suprise.
It's
Cerberus

masterkajo

Well if you're on a real media blackout, the enemy could be a spoiler.
Although i don't really think it's a !@#$%^&* suprise.
It's
!@#$%^&*

Ah ok, thanks. That bit was already "spoiled" for me by a friend. I just don't know why and hope there is no clue or explanation in the multiplayer.

EatChildren

List updated.

Thread title reads like an advertisement. Or is it meant to be ironic?

I don't see how anybody could see Mass Effect, the role playing series, as anything less than a modern Planescape. So yes I'm totally serious.

Woorloog

Banned

Headshots. And you need higher level snipers. Mantis I is not nearly as good as Mantis V. And class damage bonus. Cloak damage bonus. You can one shot enemies if you build your character around that.
Me, i'm going to make a shotgun Infiltrator...

They need to look into host migrations, so far every time it's happened I get a note saying it will restart the wave, but get kicked to the menu and lose all progress anyway.

The online for this demo is more annoying then anything, i've had a game over for just one player going down in a 3 man room, broken host migrations, lobbies saying to ready up when all of us are ready, the list grows.

LosDaddie

Banned
Please add me to the XBL list.

GamerTag: LosDaddie

I'll be DLing the demo, and I've had the game preordered since last year. So, ME3 is (obviously) a Day 1 purchase for me. And if you know me from other threads (Gears 3, SSFIV, Halo Reach, etc), then you know I'll be trying to get a group together for some Friday & Saturday night gaming sessions.

Top Bottom